Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Playoff Series - #12 Michigan Tech @ #1 North Dakota

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
    Generally speaking, the home team is the favorite to win in a playoff situtation. So wouldn't it have been kind of tough for a home team to pull an upset last weekend?
    Not always true. The Gophers are always the favorite, whether they're at home or on the road for the playoffs.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      IF they were to win, I would think it would be something of a 2-1 type game.
      Can't underestimate the power of wanting a shot at that automatic bid It may just be enough to squeeze out that 2-1 game against an over confident team. (+ hangovers?)
      Of course, it's still more of a joke. I wouldn't place a bet in vegas even if it's available.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig View Post
        Can't underestimate the power of wanting a shot at that automatic bid It may just be enough to squeeze out that 2-1 game against an over confident team. (+ hangovers?)
        Of course, it's still more of a joke. I wouldn't place a bet in vegas even if it's available.
        If the Sioux are over confident then an upset could definitely happen. I think a lot of Sioux fans are looking at this weekend (and the Final Five if we make it) and how we come out and play. Do we dominate like last weekend? Or do we come out over confident and let Tech control play and perhaps win a game? If we dominate this weekend and next weekend, I'll be looking forward to the NCAA Tournament. If we come out and play poorly, lose a game to Tech and then bow out in the Semis at the Final Five, I won't get my hopes up for the NCAAs.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

If the Sioux are over confident then an upset could definitely happen. I think a lot of Sioux fans are looking at this weekend (and the Final Five if we make it) and how we come out and play. Do we dominate like last weekend? Or do we come out over confident and let Tech control play and perhaps win a game? If we dominate this weekend and next weekend, I'll be looking forward to the NCAA Tournament. If we come out and play poorly, lose a game to Tech and then bow out in the Semis at the Final Five, I won't get my hopes up for the NCAAs.
          Hahahahahaha. You are so funny!
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Oh come on, the river hasn't even started to thaw and you're already sandbagging.
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              Oh come on, the river hasn't even started to thaw and you're already sandbagging.
              Dam, I might have use that line at Tom Reid's next weekend!
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

FWIW, Fargo actually has been doing that. So technically North Dakota has been sandbagging for weeks already.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  FWIW, Fargo actually has been doing that. So technically North Dakota has been sandbagging for weeks already.
                  North Dakota has 2 seasons. Filling sandbags and Empyting sandbags.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm not sandbagging. I clearly said in an earlier post that I would be shocked if North Dakota didn't win this series in two.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: WCHA Playoff Series - #12 Michigan Tech @ #1 North Dakota

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      north dakota has 2 seasons. Filling sandbags and empyting sandbags.

:d :d
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        I heard Fargo broke a sandbagging machine already...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          I heard Fargo broke a sandbagging machine already...
                          Blizzard warnings in effect for North Dakota.
                          http://www.valleynewslive.com/Global...asp?S=14235891

Been in a Blizzard before and have done some Sandbagging. But not both at the same time!
                          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I am proud to say I haven't lifted a finger in this effort and have not filled a single sandbag.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

So are we on TV tonight?

Comment

If you corrected all of my mistakes I would have to hire you full-time, take the weekend off.
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X