X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA first round: UAA @ Minnesota

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    I'd still like to see the upset.
    No you wouldn't - because that'd eliminate the chance of MN facing UND in the Friday night game. The F5 isn't the same when there isn't a game featuring 19,000 angry fans yelling at each other inside/outside the X.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      No you wouldn't - because that'd eliminate the chance of MN facing UND in the Friday night game. The F5 isn't the same when there isn't a game featuring 19,000 angry fans yelling at each other inside/outside the X.
      Eh, what does it matter, I won't be there this year to witness it.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The Gophers have been playing much better since they met UAA in January losing only 2 games in the last 10, Bjugstad Hansen Alt and even Patrick White have really picked up their game.

The Saturday 1-0 UAA win was all Gophers in the 3rd period and if not for some 'standing on your head' type goaltending the Gophers would have swept, but this time around I like our chances at burying the puck a few more times.

Even with the patented (and boring) trap that UAA plays the Gophers should win this in 2.

Comment

So let me get this straight. Slap Shot posts a one-word retort to a UAA fan post implying that UAA has stamped their ticket to the Final 5, then later posts that he thinks no matter the outcome, the games will be close, and the UAA posters on here fly into a tizzy, claiming he has no reading comprehension, and he needs to lighten up? You maroons are the ones acting Francis-like, not him.

Is this what happens when your team has a somewhat respectable year? I usually enjoy seeing UAA do well because I think its better for the conference as a whole, but if this is the result, that's just sad. Slap Shot is, and has been one of the more respectable Gopher posters on this board, and your Francis-like reaction to him is puzzling.

Bottom line is this: Your goalie played out of his mind in one game and stole a victory for the Seawolves over the Gophers. 24 hours earlier, your team was dominated in every aspect for the entire 60 minutes of a game. What does that mean at this point? To me, it means that if the Gophers can get ahead early, they may skate to an easy series victory. If they let UAA work their game plan (which they have shown they can be very, very good at) they are in trouble. Taking this season as a whole into consideration, I think its silly for anyone to think either team is thinking ahead to the Final 5.

Comment

ah, now this is more like it. Actual fans of both teams going at it. Just too bad one team of seapups is going to get destroyed and sent back to Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Eh, what does it matter, I won't be there this year to witness it.
              Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Comment

Scooby
                What happened to the glass?

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                  Scooby
                  What happened to the glass?
                  I got all messed up in my numbers with the two ties so I scrapped it. It was an 8 game count off. They are 4-0-2 with two games left to play. So, the glass has the potential of being 7/8 full after Alaska and right now it is 5/8 full.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                    So let me get this straight. Slap Shot posts a one-word retort to a UAA fan post implying that UAA has stamped their ticket to the Final 5, then later posts that he thinks no matter the outcome, the games will be close, and the UAA posters on here fly into a tizzy.
                    It's been four years. How do you not get how this works?
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      I wouldn't really be terribly surprised by any outcome. Even with the Gophers' play being much better of late, I can't forget what was happening earlier in the season. Plus, I remember Anchorage being a pretty physical team, the Gophers showed this last weekend that they don't respond to that very well.
                      I thought this past weekend's physicality had a lot to do with the smaller sheet. I would think that will be less of an issue at Mariucci. I would hope the Gophers can open it up and use their speed if AA tries to make it physical.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        I thought this past weekend's physicality had a lot to do with the smaller sheet. I would think that will be less of an issue at Mariucci. I would hope the Gophers can open it up and use their speed if AA tries to make it physical.
                        They did do that pretty well against Tech. But, Tech isn't a very good team to measure anything against.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophernation View Post
                          I would think you are crazy if you think UAA takes this in 2, I think with the Gophers it seem like in the second half of the season they are finding ways to get back in games even if they arent playing the best hockey. Also they are averaging over thirty shots a game. Bjugstad is really coming on and they have some chemistry in their line combos right now, and on this unbeaten streak they are averaging at least 4 plus goals a game. I know its not going to be easy for the gophers but I think gophers will take care of business this weekend, and make a run at the F5! Lets not forget that the special teams have been really good as of late, and Patterson enough said about him! Question for anyone what happened the last time the gophers finished 5th in the WCHA?
                          you're delusional if you believe this Gopher team has the ability to make a run to the Frozen Four
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                            you're delusional if you believe this Gopher team has the ability to make a run to the Frozen Four
                            Just like people were delusional to think Bemidji could do it a couple of years ago, right?
                            Last edited by state of hockey; 03-07-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                              So let me get this straight. Slap Shot posts a one-word retort to a UAA fan post implying that UAA has stamped their ticket to the Final 5, then later posts that he thinks no matter the outcome, the games will be close, and the UAA posters on here fly into a tizzy, claiming he has no reading comprehension, and he needs to lighten up? You maroons are the ones acting Francis-like, not him.

Is this what happens when your team has a somewhat respectable year? I usually enjoy seeing UAA do well because I think its better for the conference as a whole, but if this is the result, that's just sad. Slap Shot is, and has been one of the more respectable Gopher posters on this board, and your Francis-like reaction to him is puzzling.

Bottom line is this: Your goalie played out of his mind in one game and stole a victory for the Seawolves over the Gophers. 24 hours earlier, your team was dominated in every aspect for the entire 60 minutes of a game. What does that mean at this point? To me, it means that if the Gophers can get ahead early, they may skate to an easy series victory. If they let UAA work their game plan (which they have shown they can be very, very good at) they are in trouble. Taking this season as a whole into consideration, I think its silly for anyone to think either team is thinking ahead to the Final 5.
                              I'm sorry, your post is far too rational for this thread. This is the thread of the Donald ******** horse video and comparable posts from our northern friends.

Comment

I heard Shyiak is going to skate six, 2 on the red line, and 4 on the blue line plus I heard they paid Derek Shepard to lay on the goal line in front of the UAA net
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X