Ohio State - It's officially the off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State - It's officially the off-season

Shane Sims on ATO with New York Islanders...

Congratulations Shane!
    Well deserved

Comment

I do notice that at least 5 of the incoming players are from Canada...and I also notice Ohio native Patrick Schafer left the team mid-season (and judging by his comments out the door, he didn't seem to think Oz's treatment of him was nefarious in any way)...so I am struggling to see how this is some sort of US/Canada problem - not sure if your role is Kevin Pollak or John Candy in this conversation - but it certainly seems a stretch.[/QUOTE]

Since that was brought up. How did the kids enjoy Oz's treatment of them? I heard some rumblings that there are some that didn't enjoy how they were treated. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyefan2009 View Post

Since that was brought up. How did the kids enjoy Oz's treatment of them? I heard some rumblings that there are some that didn't enjoy how they were treated. Any thoughts?
        This probably won't be universally accepted...and may even seem harsh...

But...

I am not overly interested in what Markell's players have to say about OZ.

I hope they like him, I hope they excel, I hope it is everything they hoped for from a college career and more...

But I am much more interested in what OZ's recruits have to say about their experience with the coach and the school - and since there isn't a single player that played this year who was recruited by OZ - I am not really concerned with what they think.

He is on the clock in October, color me interested...

Comment

Fair enough. Good point. There seems to be some unhappy people though.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
            This probably won't be universally accepted...and may even seem harsh...

But...

I am not overly interested in what Markell's players have to say about OZ.
            Accepted? Harsh? How about cruel? Would you settle for "how about true?"

Comment

Any information about OSU's schedule for 2011-2012, especially in October?

Comment

Originally posted by OSUfan84 View Post
                Any information about OSU's schedule for 2011-2012, especially in October?
                OSU is usually one of the last schools to announce its schedule, and most of us know what it is from looking at the announcements from the opponents rather than learning it from OSU. i do remember reading that they have a two year home/away schedule set up with Alabama Huntsville with the 2011 games being in Columbus.

Comment

Nice video with Umberger, Kesler, Steckel and Pelley

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/med...b_oem_id=17300

Comment

OSU and Miami are back to four games this season.....

Miami released their schedule - here's the part pertaining to OSU

A road trip to Northern Michigan follows the Denver Cup while the `Hawks and Buckeyes play the first of their home-and-home weekends Dec. 9 (at OSU) and Dec. 10 (in Oxford). The in-state rivals also close out the regular season Feb. 24 in Oxford and Feb. 25 in Columbus.

Comment

I know lake St. is a home and away series as well.

Comment

Alaska Fairbanks at the Schott 10/28 and 10/29
                        Northern at the Schott 11/11 and 11/12
                        Miami at the Schott 12/9 and 2/25, and in Oxford 12/10 and 2/24

No info yet on MI, BGSU, MSU, ND, WMU websites...
                        Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Casey Jones now head coach at Clarkston
                          Michigan just added a goalie, Gibson, I believe he was once ticketed to OSU under Markel

Comment

Somebodys high on OSU's recruits...

collegehockeysource.com

Hjelle - 7th best incoming goalie.
                            Dzingel - 5th F
                            Gallagher - 27th best incoming D.

Comment

Looks like Oz has some strong leadership in the academic part of the student-athlete equation: http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...B_OEM_ID=17300
                              Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/

CC defenseman Doug Leaverton is leaving the program and is considering transferring to OSU or PSU. He was a sophomore last year, and would need to sit out the 2011-2012 season. He would have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

I thought he was a smart, solid defenseman with a good physical edge to his game. CC's defense was definitely a weak point, but that makes it sound worse for Leaverton than it was. CC had a pretty solid top 4 and another 4 guys who were relatively equal (although with very different skill sets) who battled for limited minutes on the third pair. Leaverton was on the outside of that for the second half of the year, and with 3 very highly regarded USHL defensemen coming in for just one graduating senior, the writing was on the wall. I expect that he'll be able to step in and be a solid player for whichever school he ends up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X