Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superior @ St. Norbert: Who will grab the Peters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior @ St. Norbert: Who will grab the Peters?

Anyone have any thoughts on this or has the West officially gone comatose?
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Re: Superior @ St. Norbert: Who will grab the Peters?

West officially gone comatose?

Must be the reason why the Fianl Four is only held out West every three to four years!!!

Comment

I think that this will be a very good game and with all the fire power from SNC and Superior I see a close game but in the end I can say that SNC will be hoisting the Peters Cup
      UW-Stout Hockey 2009 Peters Cup Champions, and Home to the best fans in the land, the Devil's Advocates
      UW-Stout Graduate 2011
      "The Goalie Mask Guy"
      D-1 College Team: Wisconsin Badgers
      NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
        West officially gone comatose?

Must be the reason why the Fianl Four is only held out West every three to four years!!!
        Actually the biggest reason is that only a little over 1/3 of teams playing DIII hockey are in the West!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

All I know is that a goalie will have to come up big to capture the Peters.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Tight contest through the first 30 minutes, with SNC taking control in the last 30 minutes. 4 -- 2 final.
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

If SNC is to be beaten this is the year to do it. This is clearly not as deep a team as they have fielded in recent history. IMO they would not be where they are if it not for O'Brien, easily someone that should get strong consideration for AA honors. I think it will be a tight low scoring game with maybe the home ice advantage, or a bad penalty making the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6 View Post
                If SNC is to be beaten this is the year to do it. This is clearly not as deep a team as they have fielded in recent history. IMO they would not be where they are if it not for O'Brien, easily someone that should get strong consideration for AA honors. I think it will be a tight low scoring game with maybe the ohome ice advantage, or a bad penalty making the difference.
                agreed that special teams may bethe difference. As for this team not being deep I dont agree. No the fourth line isnt as potent as lines 1+2, but I feel just as good which ever line is out there. Sure line 4 may not make a highlight goal, but they arent gonna cost you the game either. As for SNC not being in the position they are in whitout him, isnt that most teams. You arent gonna go very far without a good tender.

Comment

So if your telling me this team is as strong as last years team I'm really feeling great about Points chances next year. Because after losing 9-2 and 7-1 last year to only losing 3-2, 2-0 (with en )and 2-1 with the second coming with .41 left without O'Brien next year we should dominate. Boy I can't wait.

Comment

So if your telling me this team is as strong as last years team I'm really feeling great about Points chances next year. Because after losing 9-2 and 7-1 last year to only losing 3-2, 2-0 (with en )and 2-1 with the second coming with .41 left without O'Brien next year we should dominate. Boy I can't wait.
                    No you shouldn't feel that good. Point will crap the bed next year, just like they have for the past several.

Comment

If you caught the two outstanding goals by Stroh last weekend, SNC should hold strong against Superior.........

Comment

All Western fans should cheer for UWS. If they can win, the hope for a 6-5 split is alive! The 7 4 split will be a for sure and maybe two quarterfinal games out West.

This could be the year!

Westscout

Comment

UWS traditionaly plays very well at SNC, compared to other SNC opponents that is. Hoping for a good game with two on fire goaltenders. At AMSOil, it looked like two evenly matched teams battling for every puck. Shine your shoes and comb your hair, gonna be a good one. See at the CCC.
                          The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

If SNC is to be beaten this is the year to do it. This is clearly not as deep a team as they have fielded in recent history. IMO they would not be where they are if it not for O'Brien, easily someone that should get strong consideration for AA honors. I think it will be a tight low scoring game with maybe the home ice advantage, or a bad penalty making the difference.
                            I'd say it's the opposite. I like this year's depth a lot. What they've sometimes had trouble with is developing a dominant line you could always count on a couple of goals from on most nights and give a ton of ice time to late in tight games.
                            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

IMO they would not be where they are if it not for O'Brien, easily someone that should get strong consideration for AA honors.
                              Strong consideration for All American? Try first team lock...

Comment

Working...
                              X