PDA

View Full Version : Superior @ St. Norbert: Who will grab the Peters?

XYZ
03-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on this or has the West officially gone comatose?

VT bragging rights
03-02-2011, 11:31 AM
West officially gone comatose?

Must be the reason why the Fianl Four is only held out West every three to four years!!!

StoutHockeyFan44
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
I think that this will be a very good game and with all the fire power from SNC and Superior I see a close game but in the end I can say that SNC will be hoisting the Peters Cup

Birdwatcher
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM
West officially gone comatose?

Must be the reason why the Fianl Four is only held out West every three to four years!!!

Actually the biggest reason is that only a little over 1/3 of teams playing DIII hockey are in the West!

joecct
03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
All I know is that a goalie will have to come up big to capture the Peters.

pete99race
03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Tight contest through the first 30 minutes, with SNC taking control in the last 30 minutes. 4 -- 2 final.

Tucker6
03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
If SNC is to be beaten this is the year to do it. This is clearly not as deep a team as they have fielded in recent history. IMO they would not be where they are if it not for O'Brien, easily someone that should get strong consideration for AA honors. I think it will be a tight low scoring game with maybe the home ice advantage, or a bad penalty making the difference.

snc1
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
If SNC is to be beaten this is the year to do it. This is clearly not as deep a team as they have fielded in recent history. IMO they would not be where they are if it not for O'Brien, easily someone that should get strong consideration for AA honors. I think it will be a tight low scoring game with maybe the ohome ice advantage, or a bad penalty making the difference.

agreed that special teams may bethe difference. As for this team not being deep I dont agree. No the fourth line isnt as potent as lines 1+2, but I feel just as good which ever line is out there. Sure line 4 may not make a highlight goal, but they arent gonna cost you the game either. As for SNC not being in the position they are in whitout him, isnt that most teams. You arent gonna go very far without a good tender.

Tucker6
03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
So if your telling me this team is as strong as last years team I'm really feeling great about Points chances next year. Because after losing 9-2 and 7-1 last year to only losing 3-2, 2-0 (with en )and 2-1 with the second coming with .41 left without O'Brien next year we should dominate. Boy I can't wait.

snc1
03-02-2011, 03:27 PM
So if your telling me this team is as strong as last years team I'm really feeling great about Points chances next year. Because after losing 9-2 and 7-1 last year to only losing 3-2, 2-0 (with en )and 2-1 with the second coming with .41 left without O'Brien next year we should dominate. Boy I can't wait.

No you shouldn't feel that good. Point will crap the bed next year, just like they have for the past several.

GBhockeygal
03-02-2011, 03:46 PM
If you caught the two outstanding goals by Stroh last weekend, SNC should hold strong against Superior.........

westscout
03-02-2011, 03:53 PM
All Western fans should cheer for UWS. If they can win, the hope for a 6-5 split is alive! The 7 4 split will be a for sure and maybe two quarterfinal games out West.

This could be the year!

Westscout

walktheline
03-03-2011, 11:36 AM
UWS traditionaly plays very well at SNC, compared to other SNC opponents that is. Hoping for a good game with two on fire goaltenders. At AMSOil, it looked like two evenly matched teams battling for every puck. Shine your shoes and comb your hair, gonna be a good one. See at the CCC.

MW4Bucky&SNC
03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
If SNC is to be beaten this is the year to do it. This is clearly not as deep a team as they have fielded in recent history. IMO they would not be where they are if it not for O'Brien, easily someone that should get strong consideration for AA honors. I think it will be a tight low scoring game with maybe the home ice advantage, or a bad penalty making the difference.
I'd say it's the opposite. I like this year's depth a lot. What they've sometimes had trouble with is developing a dominant line you could always count on a couple of goals from on most nights and give a ton of ice time to late in tight games.

altazo
03-03-2011, 08:50 PM
IMO they would not be where they are if it not for O'Brien, easily someone that should get strong consideration for AA honors.

Strong consideration for All American? Try first team lock...

GB Puck Fan
03-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Should be a big crowd. The main side has mostly singles left. Student end almost sold out. Other end has some space, but should top 1,500 at least.

Toe Blake's Brother
03-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Should be a big crowd. The main side has mostly singles left. Student end almost sold out. Other end has some space, but should top 1,500 at least.

I unfortunately will be missing this one. I will be in Western Canada skiing and recruiting! OK, just skiing!:D Anyone familier with the SNC webcasts? I have never watched a home game web but will in Banff.:confused:

Real Old #35
03-04-2011, 06:03 PM

This year's team may be as deep as any team they've had in the last ten years. BJ is by far their most dominant player this year. Remember the Nat'l Champ seaon? Kyle Jones was their most dominant player. The difference is that the is no Marc Belanger this year. Success in hockey can be achieved through depth or stars, last year's Oswego team comes to mind with its stars. If you have both, you win Nat'l Championships. If you have one or the other you roll the dice. The reason I believe that SNC has the stuff is that the seniors have been to the NCAA final twice. Sometimes character is a wild card. Character has been a cornerstone of Coach Coghlin's tenure, I like the Knight tomorrows and at Ridder. Go get'em boys!