Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    That and we might as well throw in the Ralphie curse.

I guess we'll see. I find it rediculous to think that the MacNaughton champion will never win the NCAA Title again.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I just hope we can get those Beavers licked this weekend and pound out 4pts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I guess we'll see. I find it rediculous to think that the MacNaughton champion will never win the NCAA Title again.
        It's dangerous to say "never" when referring to stats. There's always a margin of error in any research endeavor. But UND has had the most opportunities (5 Macs) of any WCHA team in the last 12 years and haven't done it. Maybe it's just a UND thing.
        Last edited by HarleyMC; 03-03-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          I'm a fan of college hockey, but only care about one team. I, apparently, "troll" in all kinds of threads.

Well, we don't want to occupy all your time. Please feel free to include other threads as well so they too can be enlightened by your statistics presentation. Sorry... don't buy it. Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            Did you also know that the Vikings have never won a SB, the Wild/Stars have never won the SC, and the Twins haven't won championship in over 20 years?

All that is relevant seeing as this is a college hockey board....."Wait, ummmmmm"
            Well, the discussion was about projecting the future performance of UMTC in the hypothetical BTHC. (hint: the "H" in BTHC stands for "Hockey")
            A college hockey board sure seems like the right place for that. Sure, it's probably in the wrong thread, but judging by all the other senseless crap in this one it kinda fits.
            Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
            Steven Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckincrew View Post
              Well, the discussion was about projecting the future performance of UMTC in the hypothetical BTHC. (hint: the "H" in BTHC stands for "Hockey")
              A college hockey board sure seems like the right place for that. Sure, it's probably in the wrong thread, but judging by all the other senseless crap in this one it kinda fits.
              And the comments you made regarding football, basketball, and wrestling applied to college hockey and the BTHC in what way?
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                And the comments you made regarding football, basketball, and wrestling applied to college hockey and the BTHC in what way?
                The performance of those teams versus Big 10-ish competition has been average to poor for the last 15-20 years. I am assuming that the hockey team will follow suit.

ETA: Except for wrestling, I believe they have been respectable. Well, as respectable as 2 grown men rolling around on the floor in their underwear can be.
                Last edited by Wreckincrew; 03-03-2011, 03:49 PM.
                Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                Steven Tyler

Comment

Good point. Can always count on the sue fans for senseless crap. I'll have to remember to troll the next sconnie/sue thread because I can't imagine the senselessness flying around those threads... but I bet they both save it just for us. Don't we feel special?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                    Good point. Can always count on the sue fans for senseless crap. I'll have to remember to troll the next sconnie/sue thread because I can't imagine the senselessness flying around those threads... but I bet they both save it just for us. Don't we feel special?

Oh a sconnie thread is perfect for hearing about sports other than college hockey. Grunt(whatever his name is) loves to drop fudgepacker references.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

The performance of those teams versus Big 10-ish competition has been average to poor for the last 15-20 years. I am assuming that the hockey team will follow suit.

ETA: Except for wrestling, I believe they have been respectable. Well, as respectable as 2 grown men rolling around on the floor in their underwear can be.
                      Not sure how you can compare how other sports perform to the how the hockey team performs, but you can run with whatever logic works for you I guess.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I mean this in the most respectable way possible, but the UND fans can gf themselves to another thread.

Comment

without a smiley or a winky that could be construed as negative. They might blast you with negative reputation points! egad, the horror....

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                            I'm going to watch Lakeland just so I don't have to hear LaPanta and whoever they find to broadcast with him, most of those guys can't put together a sentence.
                            This is so true, watching Gopher hockey is not the same at all.
                            Most victories- Minnesota (1,526)

Most Tourney Victories- Minnesota (49)

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I mean this in the most respectable way possible, but the UND fans can gf themselves to another thread.
                              Look out, you'll be in the red soon.
                              Most victories- Minnesota (1,526)

Most Tourney Victories- Minnesota (49)

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

Originally posted by mngopherguy View Post
                                Look out, you'll be in the red soon.
                                Don't be silly, people actually like Slap Shot. Don't try projecting your insecurities on him just because you're in the red.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X