PDA

View Full Version : New Poll Predictions for 2/28

Pages : [1] 2 3

PrezdeJohnson09
02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't even know if there is going to be a poll tomorrow but here are my picks if there is.

1.St. Norbert
2.Oswego
3.Norwich
4.Castleton
5.Adrian
6.Plattsburgh
7.Elmira
8.Bowdoin
9.MSOE
10.Geneseo
11.Utica
12.Williams
13.Hamline
14.Manhattanville
15.Neumann

norm1909
02-27-2011, 12:47 PM
You forgot Middlebury :eek:

Ozz
02-27-2011, 02:34 PM
You forgot Fredonia too...

Quick question...where do we fine our reputation? I can't remember how we look it up...??

PrezdeJohnson09
02-27-2011, 02:43 PM

Quick question...where do we fine our reputation? I can't remember how we look it up...??

Check your rep. :)

Just kidding. It's under settings at the top of this page.

NUProf
02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
...where do we fine our reputation?

Traffic Court? :D

Pioneers#1
02-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you for finally dropping Oswego St. They should have dropped a while ago....

collegehcky2
02-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you for finally dropping Oswego St. They should have dropped a while ago....

No, they shouldn't have.

norm1909
02-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Fine is all the way to the left, coarse is all the way to the right ;)

PrezdeJohnson09
02-27-2011, 07:56 PM
How do you figure?

Pioneers#1
02-27-2011, 08:17 PM
No, they shouldn't have.

Yeah they should have been.in my opinion Oswego was a very good team but not a number one team....with like their loses to Hobart and such that weekend and they didn't drop at all I think again in my opinion that it shows whoever makes the decisions on where teams place in the polls are bias.

LoudHorns31
02-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah they should have been.in my opinion Oswego was a very good team but not a number one team....with like their loses to Hobart and such that weekend and they didn't drop at all I think again in my opinion that it shows whoever makes the decisions on where teams place in the polls are bias.

sooooo, 20 people are bias? just because Oswego lost a total of I think 4 games they aren't the best team in the east? obviously I'm not an Oswego fan, so there is no bias, but Oswego definitely deserves to be 1 or 2 behind SNC. however, with SNC also having 4 losses, it comes down to "who's schedule is stronger" and all that.....

collegehcky2
02-27-2011, 08:36 PM

You do realize that Oswego was 20-2-0 until their loss to Morrisville two weeks ago? Hobart was their first loss in the season (without their #1 goalie no less) when every other team had lost at least a game. In your opinion, who should have been ranked ahead of them? St. Norbert? They had two losses when Oswego lost their first. Could St. Norbert have taken over when Oswego lost their second game? Maybe. But saying that they should have dropped a while ago is just plain stupid with your reasoning. In my opinion, you're not rationalizing your statements well.

nysportsfan29
02-28-2011, 12:02 AM
sooooo, 20 people are bias? just because Oswego lost a total of I think 4 games they aren't the best team in the east? obviously I'm not an Oswego fan, so there is no bias, but Oswego definitely deserves to be 1 or 2 behind SNC. however, with SNC also having 4 losses, it comes down to "who's schedule is stronger" and all that.....

It's nice to see that some Plattsburgh fans can keep an unbiased view of things and defend their arch-rival when necessary.

Irishdave
02-28-2011, 12:15 AM

It's nice to see that some Plattsburgh fans can keep an unbiased view of things and defend their arch-rival when necessary.

It shows the caliber of Plattsburgh fans (and Oswego Fans) we maybe rivals but we do know what is right and what is BS

bakdraft21
02-28-2011, 08:55 AM

when, after beating utica for the 2nd time???

VermontfaninNY
02-28-2011, 09:23 AM

Indeed. Oswego is still number one. Part of it is, you are only as good as the teams you beat. So when Plattsburgh faces Oswego in the NCAA's and avenges there losses this year, we will be the new number one.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Indeed. Oswego is still number one. Part of it is, you are only as good as the teams you beat. So when Plattsburgh faces Oswego in the NCAA's and avenges there losses this year, we will be the new number one.

Worry about Fredonia first sparky.

nysportsfan29
02-28-2011, 09:43 AM

+1

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-28-2011, 11:01 AM

+1

Both very true statements. I say +1.000.000

Bearing in mind the fact that we NEED to get passed Freddy first, I will argue this: We need to do more than beat Oswego to be #1. We still have SNC and Elmira ahead of us, at least in the rankings that matter.

That said, I just realized that I haven't paid any attention to the USCHO rankings since the NCAA rankings started coming out. And comparing the two from last week, I see how pointless the USCHO rankings truly are. Case in point: NCAA has Oswego, Elmira, Plattsburgh as the top 3 in the East. Chances are, they would, along with SNC at #2, be the top 4 if there were a national ranking. This ranking, however, continues to feature Castleton, Norwich, and Adrian ahead of Plattsburgh (Norwich especially makes no sense), and Elmira BEHIND Plattsburgh. Glad to know the rankings that are at least somewhat based on the numbers are the ones that matter!

altazo
02-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Neumann > Utica