Lowell @ Vermont.... The Saga Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell @ Vermont.... The Saga Continues

Final weekend of the (regular) season / season. UML comes off a big win against PC while the Cats come off a tough weekend at BU.

UVM needs at least a point to ensure a playoff spot, or PC to lose. Considering the recent dominance of UML over UVM and PC's two wins in 3 season after Jan. 16th the latter maybe the more likely. Or perhaps, with the mediocrity of this UML team the Cats could make a strong season ending statement to head into the HE playoffs.

UVM has been playing hard and has picked it up in the second half, I call 3 points for UVM.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: Lowell @ Vermont.... The Saga Continues

Usually this thread would have started half way thru last week, has this matchup lost its mojo?????

Or has certain posters lost interest?
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
      Usually this thread would have started half way thru last week, has this matchup lost its mojo?????

Or has certain posters lost interest?
      Well, can't blame the Lowell fans, it's not like our season thread has generated as many posts this season. On the other hand there has been a lot less invasion on it this year as well. I still would have thought this threat would have been busier though. I suppose if UML still had a shot at the playoffs it would be...

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Well, can't blame the Lowell fans, it's not like our season thread has generated as many posts this season. On the other hand there has been a lot less invasion on it this year as well. I still would have thought this threat would have been busier though. I suppose if UML still had a shot at the playoffs it would be...
        Yeah ... it's been a tough tough year. I think most of us (Lowell fans) knew this would be a bad year, but not to this extent.

I think what you'll see this weekend is a young Lowell team that generally will play it's *** off. They have quit a couple of times this season, but mostly play hard and will give UVM a tough time. Their goalies have actually been much better than their numbers show, but that's what happens when you seemingly give up 40 shots a game.

Couple of the freshmen that you'll get to see that have impressed me anyway: D Chad Ruhwedel (2-13-15 overall), F Joe Pendenza (10-3-13) and F Derek Arnold (2-9-11) have played well almost all season. Couple of others that have had their moments, F Shayne Thompson (3-5-8) and F Josh Homlstrom (0-10-10), the latter of whom I'm really hoping scores this weekend just to get that off his back.

There's a good amount of potential amongst this class, and they desperately need something to build off for next year.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Bump from page #3.....ouch times have changed

Looks like Vermont gets 1 or 2 players back this weekend, while I would love to see either of the 2 D-men back I am not sure if Marshall is a step above anyone
          on the last 2 lines right now as those lines are playing well together and Marshall has never been a finisher.

Comment

Man this thread is just dismal. Where is UMLGoon?

Comment

I'm making the trip up to Vermont tomorrow for both games.

Comment

Well yea your team stinks too...
                You are nothing but a moron...
                Get out of our thread you BLEEP...

Oooops sorry held them in so long they had to slip out.

Hey I just heard a pin drop!!

Comment

He was smart enough to bail on this years disaster of a team
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    He was smart enough to bail on this years disaster of a team
                    So why are you still posting on your teams thread? But seriously I won't be counting you guys out come playoff time.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                      So why are you still posting on your teams thread? But seriously I won't be counting you guys out come playoff time.
                      I posted the last 3 years also so I'm consistent
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                      X