Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ DU: Playoff Seeding Shuffle Weekend

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    So, if a Denver player gets injured, do they ever prescribe medical marijuana? Is the quality of the medical stuff as good as the stuff on the street?
    In most cases, the medical stuff is better -- now that there's legit money in it, the botanists can focus on creating strains of weed that have focused healing qualities...nausea, back pain, cateracts, you name it. It's also competitively priced.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      In most cases, the medical stuff is better -- now that there's legit money in it, the botanists can focus on creating strains of weed that have focused healing qualities...nausea, back pain, cateracts, you name it. It's also competitively priced.
      Sounds good! Especially the competitive price. I knew it had medicinal properties, especially for whatever ails one.
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

they will play just as well on the road, so home ice may not matter, except we miss out on another live hockey series.
        You are right on. It matters not ie- Alaska, Duluth, Bemidji, Florida...They've been good on the road and seem to be a better small rink team.
        "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
          Is the quality worth buying?
          The quality is very good.
          "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

So, if a Denver player gets injured, do they ever prescribe medical marijuana? Is the quality of the medical stuff as good as the stuff on the street?
            Medical has less sticks and seeds....
            "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              DU won't be resting any players. Kyle Ostrow will be back this weekend according to Eric Bacher, the DU SID, and the only player that won't be available will be Jesse Martin.
              Pardon my ignorance, but prior to about a week ago, I had never heard the name Eric Bacher before. Since then i have heard his name about 7,000 times. Who the hell is this person you speak of and what the hell is a "SID?"
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                Pardon my ignorance, but prior to about a week ago, I had never heard the name Eric Bacher before. Since then i have heard his name about 7,000 times. Who the hell is this person you speak of and what the hell is a "SID?"
                He is the DU Media Relations Director aka Sports Information Director (SID).
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  Spolier Alert-Part II

I'm not sure that going 4-3-0 the rest of the way will get SCSU into the NCAA Tourney. To jump up 5 or 6 spots in the Pairwise, you'd probably have to go 5-1-0, so while only losing the WCHA Championship game might get you in, you'll most likely have to win the Final 5.

That being said, its not impossible so rest up this weekend and get fired up for the playoffs. :-)
                  Just for the record, the scenario Prod man played out would have them going 5-3-0 down the stretch, not 4-3-0. 1-1 in Denver, 2-1 in the first round, then 2-1 at the X. Not that 5-3-0 would get us in, so its rather a moot point, I'm just saying...

Suggestion for the Pioneers, especially Gwoz: To make this series a real great tune-up for the playoffs and beyond, play the series without a goalie!!! This would really keep everyone on their toes and they's get a great workout. I know Gwoz isn't opposed to pulling the goalie early in a tight game, so maybe he'd be willing to try it from the beginning. Just a thought.

As usual, I'm here to help.
                  Ok... but then if Denver beats us 8-6 without a goalie, who gets the W? Donovan?
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                    Denver is a lock for the #2 or #3 at the lowest for conference play. Likely meaning they will play BSU or UAA. If you are Gwozdecky do you consider sitting some of your horses? It would take divine intervention for MTU to sweep UND. Possible but unlikely. If I was him, I might be giving Shore, Zucker, etc. some time in the press box. On the flip side, the team has been in a bit of a skid, and they might want to use this series to improve a couple of weak spots before they enter the playoffs.
                    I often wondered about this in past years, but the fact of the matter is that with only 18 scholarships, DU and a lot of other WCHA programs couldn't field a full 22 player roster if they "rested" two stars this weekend.

Perhaps Minnesota in the glory days could have "rested" three stars and not had a drop off in performance. But these days its just not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                      I fully understand that point. It's not a question of durability. It's more of a question of risk vs. reward. The McNaughton cup is virtually out of reach, do you risk having one of these high impact players being injured in virtually meaningless games?

After all, that "goon" Marvin will be in town this weekend.
                      Oh sure, she's hacked a few players when the ref wasn't looking, but I'd hardly call Gigi Marvin a "goon". With that said, you should still be on your toes if she does indeed make it to town.
                      Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                      Steven Tyler

Comment

I have another great idea for the Denver team: As a preventative measure, all the Pioneers should toke up on that medical pot before the game, just in case they develop some aches and pains during the games. I don't think it will affect their performance, and they'd be a real happy team. I think we'd see some entertaining hockey, especially if they decide to go without a goalie. Am I right?
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

I have another great idea for the Denver team: As a preventative measure, all the Pioneers should toke up on that medical pot before the game, just in case they develop some aches and pains during the games. I don't think it will affect their performance, and they'd be a real happy team. I think we'd see some entertaining hockey, especially if they decide to go without a goalie. Am I right?
                          The team most likely to toke would be CC as I believe DG is on record in the blog that CC is one of the Top 5 Pot Smoking schools in the country.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            He is the DU Media Relations Director aka Sports Information Director (SID).
                            Thanks! I was wondering what Sudden Infant Death Syndrome had to do with hockey!
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

Gwoz ordered a Code Red for this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                                Thanks! I was wondering what Sudden Infant Death Syndrome had to do with hockey!
                                Isn't that SIDS?
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X