Boston University vs Northeastern 3/4 and 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Northeastern 3/4 and 5

Now this is a good thread. Glad to see the fun come back now that the fanboys and super frauds arent arguing...

Skins ... I started the drug jokes... notice he properly responded with an order... he was playing along....
    Last edited by Chickens@NU; 03-01-2011, 09:22 PM.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
      Now this is a good thread.
      Seriously, stop giving me oregano.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Now this is a good thread. Glad to see the fun come back now that the fanboys and super frauds arent arguing...

Skins ... I started the drug jokes... notice he properly responded with an order... he was playing along....
        You set me up...I must break you.
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
          Seriously, stop giving me oregano.
          If you keep coming back for more, why should I stop?
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
            You set me up...I must break you.
            That's no way to treat a paying season ticket holder and proud DogHouse alum....
            Last edited by Chickens@NU; 03-02-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

And.... I killed the thread. go me.

Comment

And.... I killed the thread. go me.
                Sorry, man. I mean, Sorry, Chicken. Some minor distractions, but it's all back on.

Northeastern is so lame, you HAVE to go for five years. Sure it took me five years at BU, but at least it was my own fault. MY. OWN. FAULT.

Owned.
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  Sorry, man. I mean, Sorry, Chicken. Some minor distractions, but it's all back on.

Northeastern is so lame, you HAVE to go for five years. Sure it took me five years at BU, but at least it was my own fault. MY. OWN. FAULT.

Owned.
                  You can't even do that right. Silly bu fans. Its PWNED. And the difference between my fives years and yours? I got real engineering experience while you spent your summers working at Abercrombie while living off your daddys trust fund. Now I have a real job while you are still flipping burgers.

PWNED

Comment

You can't even do that right. Silly bu fans. Its PWNED. And the difference between my fives years and yours? I got real engineering experience while you spent your summers working at Abercrombie while living off your daddys trust fund. Now I have a real job while you are still flipping burgers.

PWNED
                    Well, when they come out with these new magnetic bullet trains we won't even need engineers, so where will you be then? And Ray Kroc started out flipping burgers...and he eventually became responsible for shamrock shakes, Mayor McCheese and making billions of people fat...let's see you have that kind of impact before you start spouting off about what NU grads can do.

{insert whatever the newest term for PWNED is here} x 2!!!!
                    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                      Well, when they come out with these new magnetic bullet trains we won't even need engineers, so where will you be then? And Ray Kroc started out flipping burgers...and he eventually became responsible for shamrock shakes, Mayor McCheese and making billions of people fat...let's see you have that kind of impact before you start spouting off about what NU grads can do.

{insert whatever the newest term for PWNED is here} x 2!!!!
                      Now you're trying to get ahead of yourself. There is no new term for PWNED.

And you're being very stereo-typical over on Comm Ave. Not all engineers work on trains. I'm a chemical engineer. I work at a company making rHGH. I take a little off the side and sell it to the anti-christ (Roger Clemens). Those are mechanical engineers. Soon they will merge with computer engineers because that's how the machines will take over and the Terminator world will come into existance. Us chemical engineers will continue to make drugs undectectable by normal tests to increase the entertainment value of modern sports. That will be my impact to the world!

Comment

On a side note, actually talking hockey here. bu has taking 7 of 8 league points since their demoralizing loss to Harvard in the NU Invitational. Meanwhile, NU lost an UGLY game to UNH after riding a wave of energy and emotion from the Beanpot final to Cronin being suspended. Any ideas as to what happens Friday and Saturday?

Comment

On a side note, actually talking hockey here. bu has taking 7 of 8 league points since their demoralizing loss to Harvard in the NU Invitational. Meanwhile, NU lost an UGLY game to UNH after riding a wave of energy and emotion from the Beanpot final to Cronin being suspended. Any ideas as to what happens Friday and Saturday?
                          I thought both teams seemed doomed after their last meeting, it was that bad. BU was in the midst of their worst stretch I've ever seen... and NU still couldn't win.

Of course, I witnessed the NU... thing that resembled a hockey game, against Niagara, so it's all relative, I guess. Ouch.
                          2008-09 Boston University Terriers
                          Icebreaker, Denver Cup, Beanpot, HE Regular Season, HE Tournament
                          NCAA Champions

Comment

Another ques for BU fans i've been curious about, for a while now..

Matthews, when its packed.. is a loud, intimidating place to play in. The atmosphere/ energy in the barn is just incredible. I'll miss that Friday.. because we won't get that this wknd at least. (BC series got some of that)..

Walter Brown used to be like that.. was a great, loud, intimidating place. Just great atmosphere at both venues really.

Agganis is nice.. its sterile.. same or more fans.. but its not loud, not intimidating.. is it the ceilings.. is it the security.. (Agganistan.. ).. we have security too.. is it the sectioning of students.. is it... ?

I've been there a few times for different gms now.. just not the same as WBA or Matthews.. what is it?...

(just my opinion)
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

They'll be good games. NU is always up for a BU game. They played like crap the first half of the year and then all of a sudden put on their best performance at Agannis back in December.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                Another ques for BU fans i've been curious about, for a while now..

Matthews, when its packed.. is a loud, intimidating place to play in. The atmosphere/ energy in the barn is just incredible. I'll miss that Friday.. because we won't get that this wknd at least. (BC series got some of that)..

Walter Brown used to be like that.. was a great, loud, intimidating place. Just great atmosphere at both venues really.

Agganis is nice.. its sterile.. same or more fans.. but its not loud, not intimidating.. is it the ceilings.. is it the security.. (Agganistan.. ).. we have security too.. is it the sectioning of students.. is it... ?

I've been there a few times for different gms now.. just not the same as WBA or Matthews.. what is it?...

(just my opinion)
                                WBA was a dump, but it was a fun place to go to. The atmosphere was WAY better than it is at the HAG. It's like the new Spankee Stadium. I've been to both and can honestly say as an outsider, it's just not the same. The feeling is gone. It's too new, too corporate, too shiney, and not enough character.

Comment

Working...
                                X