X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. IV

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
    Would you remind those of us who have been out of touch all the players currently listed as coming next year? Who other than Laliberte is not here yet?
    A * on Ralph's chart indicates that the player is in the directory. Luke is the only one who's been pointed out since the last chart update.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      It is April 21st and we still only have one qualified goal tender for next season. I have faith in Seth Appert and believe that we will have another goalie by September. My question is, if it was going to be Kasdorf, wouldn't you think that it would have been announced by now? The longer this goes on, the more I think that we will see a new name in the picture for next season. JMO
      "We will have a goalie..." -Seth Appert, in the interview with Statler & Waldorf. He said we would be getting 5 forwards, 2 defensemen, and a goalie in the fall, one of each of those categories still to be signed in April.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
        "We will have a goalie..." -Seth Appert, in the interview with Statler & Waldorf. He said we would be getting 5 forwards, 2 defensemen, and a goalie in the fall, one of each of those categories still to be signed in April.
        That is most interesting, especially with the appearance of Zalewski and Bradley in the directory.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
          McGowan, Laliberte, and Neal should be sure things to show up in the fall. Theoretically, both Haggerty and Schroeder could defer and Zalewski could show. I still doubt that Zalewski is coming this fall (despite the directory), and think that Schroeder is far more likely to defer than Haggerty.

Leonard should definitely be coming this fall. It makes a lot of sense for Bradley to defer a year (again, despite the directory) so he can learn to become a top 2 d-man and get lots of ice time and work on his offense in the USHL.

I think we are seeing some glimpses of Kasdorf's inconsistency. It'd be great to see him move to the BCHL or USHL for a year. Appert's quote seems to confirm that, although Kasdorf likely has not officially "signed" yet and could sign in April.

I think that Appert's quote regarding "signed" players who will show up is important - my understanding is that he is not allowed to talk about players who have not signed letters of intent; so even if we have already received a strong verbal from a player (i.e. they show up in Ralph's list), the technicality of not being signed could be an important distinction for Appert with regard to that quote.

Comment

Word is they are talking to 2 d about coming in for this fall. One from BCHL and other from USHL. Not happy with some of the D's progress and puting a safety net in place.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
              McGowan, Laliberte, and Neal should be sure things to show up in the fall. Theoretically, both Haggerty and Schroeder could defer and Zalewski could show. I still doubt that Zalewski is coming this fall (despite the directory), and think that Schroeder is far more likely to defer than Haggerty.

Leonard should definitely be coming this fall. It makes a lot of sense for Bradley to defer a year (again, despite the directory) so he can learn to become a top 2 d-man and get lots of ice time and work on his offense in the USHL.

I think we are seeing some glimpses of Kasdorf's inconsistency. It'd be great to see him move to the BCHL or USHL for a year. Appert's quote seems to confirm that, although Kasdorf likely has not officially "signed" yet and could sign in April.

I think that Appert's quote regarding "signed" players who will show up is important - my understanding is that he is not allowed to talk about players who have not signed letters of intent; so even if we have already received a strong verbal from a player (i.e. they show up in Ralph's list), the technicality of not being signed could be an important distinction for Appert with regard to that quote.
              I assume that showing up in the directory isn't concrete enough?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Doesn't it mean that they have completed the admission process. They still may not show up. OTOH, I don't recall a case of a hockey player being listed and not showing up.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                  A * on Ralph's chart indicates that the player is in the directory. Luke is the only one who's been pointed out since the last chart update.
                  Thanksd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Doesn't it mean that they have completed the admission process. They still may not show up. OTOH, I don't recall a case of a hockey player being listed and not showing up.
                    Why would they go through all that trouble just to bail? Then again, did H***** show up in the directory only to bail?

Comment

Why would they go through all that trouble just to bail? Then again, did H***** show up in the directory only to bail?
                      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2544739 and other posts on that thread.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The two also-rans are going through a fine game http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1575311. So far 6 20-minute periods have been completed.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          Personally, my opinion is that they're waiting until after his season is over, which seems fairly logical to me.
                          Don't hold your breath on that.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

On Thursday, the Wellington Dukes lost to the Huntsville Muskoka Otters 3-2 in double overtime. Attendees at the DH Cup got their money's worth today with both games going to multiple OTs. Wellington finished the round robin portion of the Dudley Hewitt Cup 2-1. Curtis Leonard had a high sticking penalty. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1575312

Leonard's line is now 3-0-1-1-10.
                            Total 71-4-24-28-46.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Vernon Vipers defeated the Spruce Grove Saints 3-2 in overtime to lead the best-of-seven Doyle Cup 3-2. Mike Zalewski had hooking and slashing penalties. http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/h...&gameID=945839

Zalewski's line is now 5-1-3-4-4.
                              Total 67-18-23-41-42.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It certainly is an indication of a greater likelihood of them showing up in 2011, but as a technical matter I believe it mostly involves their admissions paperwork. Since Appert's decisions on who will come now and who will wait have surely been fluid over the past couple months (and even currently), and admissions paperwork would have been started long ago, I don't think the directory is an overly meaningful sign one way or the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X