X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. IV

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    On Wednesday, the Dubuque Fighting Saints lost to the Waterloo Black Hawks 6-3 in overtime. Luke Curadi had no points or penalties. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1341744

Curadi's line is now 50-2-9-11-100.
    Are they using basketball scoring now, where behind the blue line is a 3-pointer or something?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Are they using basketball scoring now, where behind the blue line is a 3-pointer or something?
      Fixed.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't think that this was posted here.
        Ryan Haggerty, F- One of two New England natives on the roster (he and Paliotta are both from Connecticut), Haggerty is another unheralded, solid guy who can play a variety of roles, but doesn't bring any kind of real high-end upside to the mix. Smart, hard-working, gritty yet honest, his experience and strong performance in the Five Nations tourney in February is going to make him a useful if unspectacular part of a potential winning formula in April. He understands the system and plays it to a tee. Committed to RPI.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Another blog entry http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2011...rds/#more-1003
          Ryan Haggerty – Stamford, Conn. – RPI – CSS: Unranked
          Stat Line: 46 GP — 8-17-25 — 22

Like Carlson, Haggerty provides depth for Team USA. I was a little surprised CSS didn’t rank him in the mid-term only because I think there’s potential in this kid that he’s yet to tap. Playing alongside Pietila and Bardreau, Haggerty had a confidence-building tournament at the Five Nations Cup. He’s increased his aggressive play and in my last viewing looked to have shored up his defensive game some. He’s also versatile enough to throw in for fourth-line type situations or he can jump in with the third line.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Tuesday, the Vernon Vipers defeated the Powell River Kings 5-4 in overtime. They have won their best-of-seven playoff series 4-0. Mike Zalewski scored the overtime GWG and had a hooking penalty. Next the Doyle Cup against the AJHL winner, either Spruce Grove or Camrose. Should Camrose win, then Vernon has an automatic berth in the Royal Bank Cup because Camrose is the host. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...9551&link=bchl

Zalewski's line is now 16-5-3-8-4.
            Total 62-17-20-37-38.
            Found the game highlights for this one, Zalewski's OT goal comes at 3:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6IiupOsyO8

Comment

I don't think that this was posted here.
              Ryan Haggerty, F- One of two New England natives on the roster (he and Paliotta are both from Connecticut), Haggerty is another unheralded, solid guy who can play a variety of roles, but doesn't bring any kind of real high-end upside to the mix. Smart, hard-working, gritty yet honest, his experience and strong performance in the Five Nations tourney in February is going to make him a useful if unspectacular part of a potential winning formula in April. He understands the system and plays it to a tee. Committed to RPI.
              Sounds like a carbon copy of Bryan Brutlag. He's gonna be a great addition to the team next season.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                Found the game highlights for this one, Zalewski's OT goal comes at 3:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6IiupOsyO8
                Thanks for looking for that. DrD has been touting every recruit at forward who is over 6' tall for years, but I think that Zalewski will be the one to contribute the most to RPI since SA has been coach. I wonder how SA beat Clarkson out for him.

Edit: I should add that I liked the goal and the slow motion was a bonus. Also a few seconds earlier, Zalewski was shown attempting (unsuccessfully) to dig out the puck in front of his own goal. It's good to see him also playing back.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-08-2011, 08:03 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks for looking for that. DrD has been touting every recruit at forward who is over 6' tall for years, but I think that Zalewski will be the one to contribute the most to RPI since SA has been coach. I wonder how SA beat Clarkson out for him.

Edit: I should add that I liked the goal and the slow motion was a bonus. Also a few seconds earlier, Zalewski was shown attempting (unsuccessfully) to dig out the puck in front of his own goal. It's good to see him also playing back.
                  Perhaps a little payback for losing Zarbo?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Got to see Delbarton win today in OT 3-2. Our recruit Drew Melanson played well and got an assist on the winning goal in OT. Had the experience of sitting among a number of NHL scouts. They were looking at various members of the Delbarton team. McMullen (going to BC next year) is a star. Another player going to Yale (name starts with a B) is also a hot property. But we are in good company signing a member from this team. They were by far the better team and only a special performance by the St Augustine goalie kept this one close.
                    A bit of an oldie here but highlights from the NJ high school state championship game were just posted on youtube 3 days ago. Melanson's assist on the game winning OT goal is at 1:54 (#27 white).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1-mopyegs

Comment

I just get tired of our being pushed around coming down the homestretch of the ECAC season when the bigger teams just manhandle us. This past year was a perfect example. We seem to be able to skate with any team as long as they are not also very big. As the last few seasons have worn on, we seemed to wear down against the bigger squads. I love smaller players who can score and have the skills-but yes, give me at least one big forward on each line.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

A bit of an oldie here but highlights from the NJ high school state championship game were just posted on youtube 3 days ago. Melanson's assist on the game winning OT goal is at 1:54 (#27 white).

Thanks Red-I do think Melanson will turn out to be a good one for us but he is definitely a few years away. This Delbarton team is just loaded.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Thanks Red-I do think Melanson will turn out to be a good one for us but he is definitely a few years away. This Delbarton team is just loaded.
                          You're right about that. One of their players is headed to Yale.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            You're right about that. One of their players is headed to Yale.
                            That would be Matt Killian, Defensman....see page 29 http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/..._2011-0406.pdf also note on pgs. 30-31 that Kenny Agostino has twin brothers still at Delbarton
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Thanks.

The narrator sounded like he was reading from a script.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

you can also read about the game here http://hnibonline.pointstreaksites.com/view/hnibonline go to HNIBissue #7 and page 78.....this is an excellent paper to keep up on players from the NJ/New Eng. area
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X