2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread II

So the other thread hit 1,000 posts. Not bad for a terrible season.

3-3 after two at Providence.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread II

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    So the other thread hit 1,000 posts. Not bad for a terrible season.

3-3 after two at Providence.
    Even in shots, even in Faceoffs.. and a PP goal.. not a bad rebound game.
    UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
    2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
    2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
    https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

just get us a win
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Tough tie but hopefully we can get a W tomorrow. I've been thinking about how many points we lost this year by losing in overtime or giving up late goals.

Comment

I really like #14. ( I refuse to massacre the spelling of his name). He is a bright spot.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            I really like #14. ( I refuse to massacre the spelling of his name). He is a bright spot.
            Yes he is. It sounded like Thompson, Holmstrom and Arnold had strong games tonight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
              Tough tie but hopefully we can get a W tomorrow. I've been thinking about how many points we lost this year by losing in overtime or giving up late goals.
              I only heard a bit of the radio show, but IIRC Coach said that we've lost 5 games in the last 38 seconds of games this season.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I only heard a bit of the radio show, but IIRC Coach said that we've lost 5 games in the last 38 seconds of games this season.
                It was nearly a 6th last night. PC poked one in with about 13 seconds left, but Fyrer blew the whistle about a half second before the puck crossed the line. He was standing right there and thought Carr had the puck covered.

For the most part, Lowell played a very good game last night, aside from the 2 minutes where they fell asleep after taking a 3-1 lead. Two more players were injured though. Scheu didn't come out for the 3rd with what I was told was a wrist injury. Blair took a shot off his lower leg in the first, limped the bench, and stayed there for the remainder of the period. Late in the 2nd period he got hammered into the boards. He was able to get up and skate off under his own power, but went straight to the locker room with Artie and also didn't come out for the third.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

We need to wrap these guys in cottonwool.

Comment

Well, I got Lowell's three goals, OT, and the final word on the thread. Three for five ain't a bad night

I think the important part was what Bob and Chaz said at the end of the game. With Lowell eliminated with four games to go, it would have been very easy for them to "mail it in" for the rest of the season. They didn't do it which is a positive sign that they are still responsive to the coaches and teammates.

From what I heard, it sounds like a pretty good hockey game to watch. If you're a Lowell fan, we haven't had too many of these during the season. We have been harping on not capitalizing on odd-man rushes for many seasons, so that's not going to get fixed any time soon. I'm just glad we got a call that went our way for once, let's not go back into our history books for this year and previous to remember the other side of the coin. Two more points are available tonight and take the lessons from last night so we can get that extra point tonight.

Big game for both teams tonight. For us, any result other than a win will lock us into tenth place. As a result of the tie, we can only tie for ninth with PC with three wins and three PC losses. A PC win and a UMA loss to BC tonight and it's PC taking over the #8 seed as they have the 1-0-2 tiebreaker on UMass going to the last weekend of the season. Here's some interesting math...one way or another, Lowell somewhat controls Vermont's faith. If they win tonight, a UML win would clinch them a playoff spot. On the other hand, if PC wins tonight and they lose, next week's games against us certainly will have an impact on which of the final three teams get the final two playoff spots. Northeastern is the #6 seed and is locked from dropping any lower.

It's senior night, a game where they usually play well (last year not included). As this is going to final UML game of the season for myself and a host of others to watch live, I'd like to all of us leave with a win.
                    Last edited by John_Fuller; 02-26-2011, 10:30 AM.
                    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

UML basketball trailing with 16 minutes left in the second half, 44-39. Not good.

Also, just a reminder, tonight is senior night.
                      Prior to puck drop tonight, UMass Lowell will honor its five graduating seniors: Ryan Blair (Ashburn, Va.), Scott Campbell (Navan, Ont.), Patrick Cey (Saskatoon, Sask.), Jason DeLuca (East Moriches, N.Y.) and Maury Edwards (Rocky Rapids, Alta.). The group has played over 600 games at UMass Lowell and was an integral part of the run to the 2009 Hockey East Championship game.
                      Monty

Comment

UML basketball trailing with 16 minutes left in the second half, 44-39. Not good.
                        UML defeats Merrimack 75-66

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          UML defeats Merrimack 75-66
                          Outscored the Warriors by 15 in the second half. Great job Hawks.
                          Monty

Comment

Yay MBB!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Yay MBB!
                              They will play at Stonehill (3 seed) on Monday night. UML lost both games to Stonehill this season, including a 30 point loss on the road back on 2/5.
                              Monty

Comment

Working...
                              X