Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/25 Scores: Northland Fights the LAW & the Gusties and Auggies get all Playoffies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/25 Scores: Northland Fights the LAW & the Gusties and Auggies get all Playoffies.

Only two games tonight I believe, and already an update:

Augsburg 1
    Gustavus 0
    end 1
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Re: 2/25 Scores: Northland Fights the LAW & the Gusties and Auggies get all Playoffie

Coverage for Augsburg at Gustavus Adolphus (MIAC First Round): (Away Video, Home Video, Live Stats)

The other game tonight is Northland at Lawrence - 7:00 CT (MCHA Quarterfinals, Game 1): (Audio)

Comment

Re: 2/25 Scores: Northland Fights the LAW & the Gusties and Auggies get all Playoffie

Auggies and Gusties going into OT tied at 3 apiece.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
        Only two games tonight I believe, and already an update:

Augsburg 1
        Gustavus 0
        end 1
        This is one thing I really don't like about the way that the SUNYAC and NCHA have dumbed down their playoffs. This was one of the most active and fun nights on the board. Sitting here watching the scores come across while I waited for Saturday's Krietzberg first rounder.

I'm still not convinced that the change was all that beneficial in getting a Pool C slot for the team that doesn't win, but it makes it easier for an upset. I'll have to do a statistical analysis on this some time this summer.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Gusties and Auggies finish the first OT still tied.

Shots are 58-28 in favor of Gustavus.

Didn't look like a whole lot of quality chances for either team other than a couple of scrums near the net that the goalies made some good stops on.
          Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
          08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
          2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Gustavus wins it 1:07 into the 2nd OT. They face Hamline tomorrow in the MIAC semis.
            Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
            08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
            2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Lawrence 1
              Northland 1

start 2nd

Comment

Is it just me or does anyone else not have a clue whats happening in Lawrence?

Comment

Lawrence 2
                  Northland 1

end 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
                    Is it just me or does anyone else not have a clue whats happening in Lawrence?
                    2-1 Lawrence end 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      This is one thing I really don't like about the way that the SUNYAC and NCHA have dumbed down their playoffs. This was one of the most active and fun nights on the board. Sitting here watching the scores come across while I waited for Saturday's Krietzberg first rounder.

I'm still not convinced that the change was all that beneficial in getting a Pool C slot for the team that doesn't win, but it makes it easier for an upset. I'll have to do a statistical analysis on this some time this summer.
                      Oh, it absolutely is.

The SUNYAC got HAMMERED in Pool C with their old format.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Oh, it absolutely is.

I still enjoyed the old format though. Best of three championship series and two game series with if necessary mini game? Yes please. All day everyday. I wish the NCAA quarterfinals were still this format. More hockey is never a bad thing!
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Oh, it absolutely is.

...culminating in the perfect storm of upsets that destroyed both Oswego and Plattsburgh's at-large chances in '06. Had the series format not ended after that season, Oswego may well have suffered the same fate in '07, and I don't think either the Lakers or the conference would've been too pleased if that happened. Don't get me wrong; I loved the old format from a fan standpoint. It just doesn't mesh at all with a system that can really crush a team for taking two ranked losses in succession.
                          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                          Some National Championships:
                          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

http://www.d3westhockey.com/

D3WH with finals:
                            Lawrence 2, Northland 1
                            GA 4, Augsburg 3 (2OT)

Comment

Oh, it absolutely is.

I can envision circumstances when the opposite could also happen. You may be correct, but shouldn't the goal of the playoffs be to identify the team that is best able to move forward? If everybody did it ...

The thing that I like least is the gap between the semis and the finals. As a fan, a final four format is preferable to taking a week off after winning a semifinal.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X