X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNYAC Semifinal: Plattsburgh Cardinals @ Geneseo Blue Knights

Drop the puck!

Re: SUNYAC Semifinal: Plattsburgh Cardinals @ Geneseo Blue Knights

Does Geneseo stream the games on the web? I poked around the Geneseo Hockey site a few minutes ago and didn't see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mjmigliaccio View Post
      Does Geneseo stream the games on the web? I poked around the Geneseo Hockey site a few minutes ago and didn't see anything.
      I do not believe so. I think all u will have is ducky.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        I do not believe so. I think all u will have is ducky.
        http://wgsu.geneseo.edu/
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

SUNYAC Semifinal: Plattsburgh Cardinals @ Geneseo Ice Knights

Fixed your title - I recall they are very touchy about their hockey team being referred as "Blue"...
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            SUNYAC Semifinal: Plattsburgh Cardinals @ Geneseo Ice Knights

Fixed your title - I recall they are very touchy about their hockey team being referred as "Blue"...
            There IS a difference:

BLUE versus ICE
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Am I correct in assuming that if the Birds pluck away, melt the ice, and the Devils sink the Titanic and 20+ others to the bottom of Lake Ontario the final battle moves back to the shores of Lake Champlain?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                Am I correct in assuming that if the Birds pluck away, melt the ice, and the Devils sink the Titanic and 20+ others to the bottom of Lake Ontario the final battle moves back to the shores of Lake Champlain?
                Correct. However, the odds of that happening are not very high. It's possible, but not likely.
                Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  If I remember correctly the tournament reseeds after each round, so I believe your assumption is correct.
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                    Correct. However, the odds of that happening are not very high. It's possible, but not likely.
                    One can only dream!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                      Don't be a Defeatist - be an Optomist

March 5, AQ Day
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                        If I remember correctly the tournament reseeds after each round, so I believe your assumption is correct.
                        I'll say it before NUProf bites your head off for it... it's rebracket, not reseed. Plattsburgh would still be the 4 seed, and Fredonia would still be the 6 seed. "Reseed" is what the NCAA DI basketball tournament. I.E. if the #15 beats the #2, they take over the #2 seed's position in the bracket from there onwards. What the SUNYAC tournament, as well as the NHL playoffs, MLB Playoffs, and NFL Playoffs do is "rebracket" based on the original order of seeds.

But yes, Plattsburgh would host as the higher seed.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          I'll say it before NUProf bites your head off for it... it's rebracket, not reseed. Plattsburgh would still be the 4 seed, and Fredonia would still be the 6 seed. "Reseed" is what the NCAA DI basketball tournament. I.E. if the #15 beats the #2, they take over the #2 seed's position in the bracket from there onwards. What the SUNYAC tournament, as well as the NHL playoffs, MLB Playoffs, and NFL Playoffs do is "rebracket" based on the original order of seeds.

But yes, Plattsburgh would host as the higher seed.
                          I wouldn't say they NCAA tournament 'reseeds'...they simply have one bracket and stick with that bracket. The number 15 team that beats the number 2 team is still the number 15 team...
                          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                            I wouldn't say they NCAA tournament 'reseeds'...they simply have one bracket and stick with that bracket. The number 15 team that beats the number 2 team is still the number 15 team...
                            They are still labelled the #15, but they take over the bracket position of the #2. In a rebracketing system, the #15, assuming the #16 lost to the #1, would then face the #1. That's what the SUNYAC does. Reseeding does not necessarily mean that they change the numbers, but it means that they take over the bracket position that would have belonged to the highest seed they have beaten.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                              I agree with this.

It's just a straight bracket with the NCAA.

Yes the team's actual seed number doesn't change in the SUNYAC, but they are in fact "re-seeded" from the highest remaining seed to the lowest remaining seed. with the highest and lowest playing each other and then the other two facing off as well.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X