PDA

View Full Version : SUNYAC Semifinal: Plattsburgh Cardinals @ Geneseo Blue Knights

Pages : [1] 2 3

Matt Rennell
02-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Drop the puck!

mjmigliaccio
02-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Does Geneseo stream the games on the web? I poked around the Geneseo Hockey site a few minutes ago and didn't see anything.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Does Geneseo stream the games on the web? I poked around the Geneseo Hockey site a few minutes ago and didn't see anything.

I do not believe so. I think all u will have is ducky.

PSUChamps2001
02-24-2011, 08:13 AM
I do not believe so. I think all u will have is ducky.

http://wgsu.geneseo.edu/

LakerEagleLover
02-24-2011, 09:33 AM
SUNYAC Semifinal: Plattsburgh Cardinals @ Geneseo Ice Knights

Fixed your title - I recall they are very touchy about their hockey team being referred as "Blue"...:rolleyes:

norm1909
02-24-2011, 09:47 AM
SUNYAC Semifinal: Plattsburgh Cardinals @ Geneseo Ice Knights

Fixed your title - I recall they are very touchy about their hockey team being referred as "Blue"...:rolleyes:

There IS a difference:

BLUE (http://www.allcanadashow.com/html/showFeatures/images/2007BluebackroundLabattBluelogo.jpg) versus ICE (http://www.prosportstickers.com/product_images/n/labatt_ice_sticker__22227.png) :eek: :p

Birdwatcher
02-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Am I correct in assuming that if the Birds pluck away, melt the ice, and the Devils sink the Titanic and 20+ others to the bottom of Lake Ontario the final battle moves back to the shores of Lake Champlain?

CardsFan91
02-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Am I correct in assuming that if the Birds pluck away, melt the ice, and the Devils sink the Titanic and 20+ others to the bottom of Lake Ontario the final battle moves back to the shores of Lake Champlain?

Correct. However, the odds of that happening are not very high. It's possible, but not likely.

KnightsOfTheRound
02-24-2011, 10:05 AM

If I remember correctly the tournament reseeds after each round, so I believe your assumption is correct.

Birdwatcher
02-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Correct. However, the odds of that happening are not very high. It's possible, but not likely.

One can only dream!

norm1909
02-24-2011, 10:42 AM

Don't be a Defeatist :(:mad: - be an Optomist (http://collegehockeystats.net/1011/schedules/pltm) :) :cool:

March 5, AQ Day :eek:

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
If I remember correctly the tournament reseeds after each round, so I believe your assumption is correct.

I'll say it before NUProf bites your head off for it... it's rebracket, not reseed. Plattsburgh would still be the 4 seed, and Fredonia would still be the 6 seed. "Reseed" is what the NCAA DI basketball tournament. I.E. if the #15 beats the #2, they take over the #2 seed's position in the bracket from there onwards. What the SUNYAC tournament, as well as the NHL playoffs, MLB Playoffs, and NFL Playoffs do is "rebracket" based on the original order of seeds.

But yes, Plattsburgh would host as the higher seed. :D

Ozz
02-24-2011, 11:29 AM
I'll say it before NUProf bites your head off for it... it's rebracket, not reseed. Plattsburgh would still be the 4 seed, and Fredonia would still be the 6 seed. "Reseed" is what the NCAA DI basketball tournament. I.E. if the #15 beats the #2, they take over the #2 seed's position in the bracket from there onwards. What the SUNYAC tournament, as well as the NHL playoffs, MLB Playoffs, and NFL Playoffs do is "rebracket" based on the original order of seeds.

I wouldn't say they NCAA tournament 'reseeds'...they simply have one bracket and stick with that bracket. The number 15 team that beats the number 2 team is still the number 15 team...

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-24-2011, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't say they NCAA tournament 'reseeds'...they simply have one bracket and stick with that bracket. The number 15 team that beats the number 2 team is still the number 15 team...

They are still labelled the #15, but they take over the bracket position of the #2. In a rebracketing system, the #15, assuming the #16 lost to the #1, would then face the #1. That's what the SUNYAC does. Reseeding does not necessarily mean that they change the numbers, but it means that they take over the bracket position that would have belonged to the highest seed they have beaten.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-24-2011, 11:34 AM

I agree with this.

It's just a straight bracket with the NCAA.

Yes the team's actual seed number doesn't change in the SUNYAC, but they are in fact "re-seeded" from the highest remaining seed to the lowest remaining seed. with the highest and lowest playing each other and then the other two facing off as well.

nysportsfan29
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
There IS a difference:

BLUE (http://www.allcanadashow.com/html/showFeatures/images/2007BluebackroundLabattBluelogo.jpg) versus ICE (http://www.prosportstickers.com/product_images/n/labatt_ice_sticker__22227.png) :eek: :p

+1.

Anyone who drinks a beer with Ice in the title is insane

KnightsOfTheRound
02-24-2011, 11:38 AM

For the record, when I made that post using the terminology "reseed" I knew it would start a whole semantic discussion about what's a reseeding and what's a rebracketing. I've been here long enough to know this.

And you know what? I did it anyway :D

CardinalSin
02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
For the record, when I made that post using the terminology "reseed" I knew it would start a whole semantic discussion about what's a reseeding and what's a rebracketing. I've been here long enough to know this.

And you know what? I did it anyway :D

Its that kind of "devil may care attitude" that gets every one riled up .:D

KnightsOfTheRound
02-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Its that kind of "devil may care attitude" that gets every one riled up .

I just don't think it makes much difference. Everybody understood what I meant. Until Oxford or Webster define "reseed" and "rebracket" with regards to college sports tournaments we're all just going to have to keep having this discussion.

NUProf
02-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree with this.

It's just a straight bracket with the NCAA.

Yes the team's actual seed number doesn't change in the SUNYAC, but they are in fact "re-seeded" from the highest remaining seed to the lowest remaining seed. with the highest and lowest playing each other and then the other two facing off as well.

It's called rebracketing vs. as opposed to a fixed bracket tournament. Re bracketing is traditional in hockey. Fixed brackets are used in (ugh) basketball and tennis.

Enough pedantics for one morning :D