PDA

View Full Version : 2/23/11 - Pony up Cards! Bengals be Deviled? and are Statesmen Valiant?? Scores!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

cards55fan
02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Docking scores in OT. Cards win. Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt that kid have the OT winner vs. Middlebury in last years NCAAs? That kid is the king of big time OT goals. Go Cards!

Yes he did score that goal

LakerAlum09
02-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Wow, those two announcers for Platty are beyond awful. How can you use the "Do you believe in miracles" line for that moment??? In addition there were too many times when they said I don't know what happened and it hit "something" lol. Good game by the Stangs but wish they could have pulled it off with the way Relkoff worked in net.

PrezdeJohnson09
Congrats to Platty! Morrisville you had a hell of a season and should have your heads held high!

+2.

FirstLadyJohnson10
You guys want to get a room?:confused: Go on a date?:eek: Get a Hall Pass from the First Lady?:D

granted. go for it.

MountieBoyOz
02-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Congrats to Platty! Morrisville you had a hell of a season and should have your heads held high!

+3

norm1909
02-23-2011, 09:22 PM

+4

NorthernBlight
02-23-2011, 09:26 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v63/109/10/28405000/n28405000_30847101_1337.jpg

At some point you think you might realise you are a professional in this field.

Laker28
02-23-2011, 09:28 PM

+5 but, I think the Morrisville program has advanced to the point that this will be viewed as a disappointment by them. At one point losing to Plattsburgh in overtime would have been almost like a win to them but not any more, they shouldn't be to unhappy with the season they had but they will be.

These guys are no longer looking for small victories, they are now looking to win the whole league. I would even go as far as to say they have outgrown the Pony nickname that those of us in the upper crust like to refer to them as.

Ozz
02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
+5 but, I think the Morrisville program has advanced to the point that this will be viewed as a disappointment by them. At one point losing to Plattsburgh in overtime would have been almost like a win to them but not any more, they shouldn't be to unhappy with the season they had but they will be.

These guys are no longer looking for small victories, they are now looking to win the whole league. I would even go as far as to say they have outgrown the Pony nickname that those of us in the upper crust like to refer to them as.

I think a lot of their near future success will come down to whether or not they can fill the big shoes Relkoff is leaving behind...

Birdwatcher
02-23-2011, 09:43 PM

But remember, Pony is one of the best Mustangs ever!

PrezdeJohnson09
02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I think a lot of their near future success will come down to whether or not they can fill the big shoes Relkoff is leaving behind...

Agreed

VermontfaninNY
02-23-2011, 10:27 PM
As someone who was there, it was awesome. Morrisville played there hearts out, and as much as I enjoyed taunting them (and I really, really did) they played great and were worthy opponents. There goalie played out his mind, and even St. Louis called a good game, with only minor swearing on my part.

This was what college hockey is all about.

Laker28
02-23-2011, 10:33 PM

Right, I hope they don't take a bunch of huge steps backwards like Brockport did this year without Sheridan.

CardsFan91
02-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Jared Docking has scored six goals in his career...two of them are playoff OT game winners.

Morrisville played exceptional well! I have alot of respect for that team.

Leis looked shaky. Sorry, had to say it.

LoudHorns31
02-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Ummm. Are you referring to Ducky Drake and Rob Knowles? Are you drunk?

he was talking about the college video feed announcers.

LoudHorns31
02-23-2011, 11:11 PM

I spoke with the trainer for Morrisville, know him from my days in Mo'Vegas, and he said that they have a freshman who should be able to step up and take over for Relkoff next year.

CardsFan91
02-23-2011, 11:18 PM
he was talking about the college video feed announcers.

SORRY, LAKERALUM! My bad! Misinterpretation!

Dyce
02-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Plattsburgh wins it 10 minutes earlier if Relkoff doesn't make bar-none the best save I've seen all season. Both he and his teammates left absolutely nothing on the ice. Relkoff pretty much fell victim to the a ridiculous Satim-Jensen-Craig barrage in regulation; nothing he could do about that. Hats off to the Mustangs on a fantastic effort.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-24-2011, 02:44 AM
Plattsburgh wins it 10 minutes earlier if Relkoff doesn't make bar-none the best save I've seen all season. Both he and his teammates left absolutely nothing on the ice. Relkoff pretty much fell victim to the a ridiculous Satim-Jensen-Craig barrage in regulation; nothing he could do about that. Hats off to the Mustangs on a fantastic effort.

First time I saw those 3 on the ice together (Craig hadn't started there, but got moved mid-game because of an injury, I think to Jobb), I definitely though Bob had found "the line". It was just obvious that they clicked. And clearly Emery saw the same thing I did, since they've played together every game since. It's too bad Satim is graduating. It'd be great to see what they could manage with a full season together.

LakerFan99
02-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Wow, those two announcers for Platty are beyond awful. How can you use the "Do you believe in miracles" line for that moment???

They didn't! :eek:

If I had to hear the prepubescent "GOOOOOOOAAAAL GOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOL!" One more time I was going to throw my computer out the window! :D