Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego 2011 Playoff and Offseason Thread: Hips and Nips or We Don't Win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego 2011 Playoff and Offseason Thread: Hips and Nips or We Don't Win!

Continue.

And if you don't get the title, watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
    Last edited by collegehcky2; 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM.

Re: Oswego 2011 Playoff and Offseason Thread: Hips and Nips or We Don't Win!

if your going to do an Oswego playoff thread, you should at least use a Hockey pun
    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Oswego 2011 Playoff and Offseason Thread: Trying to Circle in Front of the Net Again

Better title? I get what the chky might be referring to though - there's a green man in the SS that's a crowd favorite.

Anyway, shameless plug once more. It is an authentic playoff thread now, after all.

We sail into history.
      "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
      this is for you."
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28
        I don't know when the selections will be released but I can throw some names out there. Boots would now have to be considered a front runner for player of the year. Zachary Vit of Geneseo and Kevin Carr of Buffalo State are my front runners for Rookie of the year, I would go with Carr because of my bias towards goalies although Vit's numbers are very good. I would rather not have so many Fredonia players on there but they have the numbers.

1st Team
        F Ian Boots-Oswego
        F Zachary Vit-Geneseo
        F Eric Satim-Plattsburgh
        D Danny Scagnelli-Geneseo
        D Mike Grace-Plattsburgh
        G Paul Beckwith-Oswego

2nd Team
        F Jordan Oye-Fredonia
        F Justin Fox-Oswego
        F Bryan Ross-Fredonia or Nick Petriello-Buffalo State
        D Steve Rizer-Fredonia
        D Taylor Vince-Morrisville
        G Kevin Carr-Buffalo State
        I think this looks pretty close to what we'll actually see. I think the only thing I'd do differently would be to switch Ross with Satim. Tied for tops in the league in goals, tied for 3rd in assists, tied for 2nd in points - I'd give Ross 1st team personally.
        Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
        08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
        2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

From the last thread, I would do the Vuvuzela Night against Platty just to annoy Emery. I can always say "If you lose, shake hands with Gosek and I'll stop blowing this horn."
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
            if your going to do an Oswego playoff thread, you should at least use a Hockey pun
            That may be ok for Norwich or Plattsburgh, but we have a different level of "class" as Oswego fans. The Setting the Sail crap was brutal enough.

Comment

I was thinking something like Oswego State- Strap on your BOOTS for a TITANIC finish to the season
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                I think this looks pretty close to what we'll actually see. I think the only thing I'd do differently would be to switch Ross with Satim. Tied for tops in the league in goals, tied for 3rd in assists, tied for 2nd in points - I'd give Ross 1st team personally.
                I initially had Ross on first team which is probably what will happen. But for me, Satim is the better hockey player. Ross has some good numbers playing with some good line mates, but Satim has an amazing skill set and I feel he means more to his team.

Comment

Enough of your Satim worshipping.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I was thinking something like Oswego State- Strap on your BOOTS for a TITANIC finish to the season
                    Really? You want the Laker's postseason to end in a huge disaster? Fail.

Comment

. A shipwreck analogy....really?
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                        . A shipwreck analogy....really?
                        More like an analogy to Greek Mythology. Titanic existed as an adjective meaning huge long before the ill-fated ship.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                          That may be ok for Norwich or Plattsburgh, but we have a different level of "class" as Oswego fans. The Setting the Sail crap was brutal enough.
                          Harsh - clearly you don't know maritime phraseology, eh? For lakeside communities, going west meant navigating the Great Lakes' waters, and you didn't make headway (giggity) without "setting sail".

Sorry about the mess. *flips coin and walks up the stairs to the exit*

Originally posted by OSU2010
                          Gah...Titanic is good for the Greek analogy and all, but "Titanic" followed directly by "finish" sounds like a recipe for disaster.
                          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                          this is for you."
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                            Harsh - clearly you don't know maritime phraseology, eh? For lakeside communities, going west meant navigating the Great Lakes' waters, and you didn't make headway (giggity) without "setting sail".
                            Ontario Shipwrecks

Angler: tug caught fire and sank in Long Point in 1893.
                            Arabia: Name: Arabia - barque
                            Built: 1853 Length: 131 feet Sunk: 1884
                            Aycliffe Hall: sank off Long Point in 1936.
                            British Lion: ran aground off Long Point in 1877. The same storm claimed the Mediera and Elize A. Turner.
                            Brown Brothers: sank in Long Point in 1959.
                            City of Dresden: ran aground off Long Point in 1922.
                            City of Sheboygan: sank off Kingston in Lake Ontario.
                            Comet: collision off Nine Mile Point, Ontario in Lake Ontario.
                            Edmund Fitzgerald: ran aground off Long Point in 1883. This 135-foot (41 m) schooner predated the more widely known ship of the same name that sank in Lake Superior in 1975.
                            Elize A. Turner ran aground off Long Point in 1877. The same storm claimed the British Lion and Madiera.
                            Elphicke: ran aground off Long Point in 1913.
                            Empire: ran aground off Long Point in 1870.
                            Gunilda: yacht ran up on McGarvey's Shoals, Lake Superior.
                            HMS Nancy: sunk by the United States Navy during the War of 1812 in the Nottawasaga River near Georgian Bay in 1814.
                            HMS Speedy: sank off Brighton, Lake Ontario in 1804.
                            HMS St Lawrence: sank off Kingston, Lake Ontario in 1832 and is a popular diving attraction.
                            HMS Toronto: sank off Hanlan's Point, Toronto Islands, Lake Ontario in 1811.
                            Idaho: ran aground off Long Point in 1897.
                            James B. Colgate: sank off Long Point in 1916. This storm of 16 October also took the SS Merida.
                            James J. Reed: sank off Long Point in 1944.
                            Jennie P. King: foundered off Long Point in 1866.
                            Jersey City: foundered off Long Point in 1860.
                            Joseph Paige: ran aground off Long Point in 1893. This gale of 14 October 1893 also took the Wocoken.
                            Katie Eccles: ran aground near Kingston, Ontario on Lake Ontario.
                            Lawrence: sank aground off Long Point in 1921.
                            Lillie Parsons: Brockville.
                            Madeira ran aground near Beaver Bay in 1905.
                            Madiera ran aground off Long Point in 1877. The same storm claimed the British Lion and Elize A. Turner.
                            Marquette: bulk freighter sunk in 1903 off Michigan Island.
                            Marquette and Bessemer #2: sank off Long Point in 1909. Not yet found.
                            Merida: sank off Long Point in 1916. This storm of 16 October also took the James B. Colgate.
                            Metamora: a wooden tug that sank near Pointe au Baril, Georgian Bay, September 1907.
                            Mystic: sank off Long Point in 1907.
                            Niagara: ran aground off Long Point in 1899.
                            Pascal P. Pratt: ran aground off Long Point in 1908.
                            Plattsburgh Cardinals - 2010, 2011...
                            Pochahontas: foundered off Long Point in 1862.
                            Rebecca Foster: foundered off Long Point in 1857.
                            Sand scow: stranded on the Canadian side of Niagara River above Horseshoe Falls, 6 August 1918.
                            Siberia: a schooner that ran aground off Long Point in 1883.
                            Siberia: a different vessel of the same name, ran aground off Long Point in 1905.
                            Smith: a tugboat sank under tow off Long Point, Lake Erie.
                            SS Edmund Fitzgerald: sank in a gale in Lake Superior in 1975.
                            SS Noronic: Great Lakes cruise ship, burned and sank at Toronto dock, 17 September 1949.
                            St. James: sank of unknown cause off Long Point in Lake Erie, discovered 1984.
                            Trade Wind: a schooner collided with the Sir Charles Napier off Long Point.
                            Trillium: ferry scuttled at Toronto Islands; restored and re-entered service in 1975.
                            Waubuno: sank in Georgian Bay in 1879.
                            Wild Rover: foundered off Long Point.
                            William H. Vanderbilt: ran aground off Long Point in 1883.
                            Wocoken: ran aground off Long Point in 1893. This gale of 14 October 1893 also took the Joseph Paige.
                            Young Phoenix: sank off Long Point, Lake Erie, in 1818.
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

dont like the titanic thing......but nice try ;-))

Comment

Working...
                              X