This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

We drop one place in PWR to 14th. I thought it would be more. What i don't understand is Cornell loses to Brown and moves up 3 places. Something is wrong with this system. Whatever the system-we have a must win situation tonight. If the seniors cannot get up for this game, then they can't get up for any game.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      Did everyone check out the Fire Seth Appert thread started last night....wow just wow. I wonder if this was started by the same person who just jumped on the bandwagon this season.
      There are things wrong with this team and there are some players who are not playing to their potential-but it is not the coach at all. I am sure SA is as baffled by our friday night swoons as anyone. Hope he can light a fire under them for QU though.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        We drop one place in PWR to 14th. I thought it would be more. What i don't understand is Cornell loses to Brown and moves up 3 places. Something is wrong with this system. Whatever the system-we have a must win situation tonight. If the seniors cannot get up for this game, then they can't get up for any game.
        Doc, we have both sen this team play much better in the past. The seniors have been awful most of February. I have to believe that most of them are playing with some kind of injury or illness.
        This is not the time of year for that stuff, but if we can all get healthy, we will give the rest of the league a run for their money in the playoffs.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          There are things wrong with this team and there are some players who are not playing to their potential-but it is not the coach at all. I am sure SA is as baffled by our friday night swoons as anyone. Hope he can light a fire under them for QU though.
          Please, ignore the Fire Appert thread. It was likely started by someone as frustrated as the rest of us. The team had a really good stretch in the middle of the season, suffered some injuries and now is struggling at a very inopportune time.

But, after the loss of Pirri and D'Amigo last summer, most observers thought this was a team destined to finish between 6th and 8th in the league, so 19 wins and a chance to finish in the top 4 with one game to go is not so awful bad. They do desperately need the bye. Some of the top players have been hurt and it looks like some others may be out of gas. A week off would make a big difference.

Comment

If we do end up with a bye, the first thing is wow. Second we will thank Harry Zolnierczyk two goals last night. Lets go Yale. Lets go Union.
            A few tibbits from game last night. The 3 goals all freshman. Feola is awful period. A good crowd 3100 it says despite the snow. Our 2nd pp right now is better than the first unit.
            Other notes and comments. Colgate is still hot. The best teams in the ecac this year may be Princeton, Yale and Union. Lets see the SENIORS have a big game tonight.
            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Bailen I feel has been slow or pressing or out of it the last 3 weeks. He may indeed be burnt out from all those double shifts

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              To quote Denny Green and the Coors Lite commercial Princeton was " ...Who we thought they were.." There weren't any surprises. They forechecked hard, they won the puck battles, they got traffic to the net...you name it, they did it better. 44 shots allowed. If Allen York wasn't in net, it would have been 10-3. Chase had arguably his worst game of the year, someone said he had the flu this week, hence the "questionable" pre-game status. Bailen seemed to be pressing tonight too. Good efforts from Brut, Lebouef and Rogic tonight, IMO.

No use dwelling on it, this team hasn't done many things easily this year. We need to regroup and win tomorrow night. All the rankings and scenario watching is effing useless. This team needs to find an edge or it will be another long off-season.
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                Please, ignore the Fire Appert thread. It was likely started by someone as frustrated as the rest of us. The team had a really good stretch in the middle of the season, suffered some injuries and now is struggling at a very inopportune time.

But, after the loss of Pirri and D'Amigo last summer, most observers thought this was a team destined to finish between 6th and 8th in the league, so 19 wins and a chance to finish in the top 4 with one game to go is not so awful bad. They do desperately need the bye. Some of the top players have been hurt and it looks like some others may be out of gas. A week off would make a big difference.
                Jasma, this is USCHO. When was the last time a "Fire *insert coach's name here*" thread was taken seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                  Do we really want to see this team get a bye in the first round of the playoffs? Assuming that the goal is still to win the ECAC tournament and to advance as far as possible in the NCAAs, the only thing that matters now is what is the best way to get the team sharp for the playoffs. Playoffs are always like a whole new season in hockey and I think that I would prefer to see the Engineers preparing by facing a challenge next weekend rather than by squeeking through with a bye.
                  they really need a bye, IMO. They are banged up and I'm sure there are injuries that we're not privy to at this time. I don't think JFK has healed from his injury. His play of late has been very poor. York looks slow to react. Chase is defintely battling something and I think by the way he played last night, Helfrich too.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                    I would like a bye, but I would rather have a hot goalie. And they don't get much hotter than York.

A week off to work on special teams would be nice.
                    44 shots allowed is not a recipe for success..regardless of how hot your goalie is.

We need EVERYONE to contribute to team defense...guys need to have the hard wired edge that they are ****ed when opponents attempt to crash our net...and that simply ain't happening right now. Last night Brutlag and Rabbani were just about the only RPI guys defending our crease -they both planted guys on their fannies in the paint. WAY too much free skating from the Tigers...they looked like they were on the PP all night.

As I said last night, there's no time for reflection. Gotta right the ship and get a W tonight.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      they really need a bye, IMO. They are banged up ...
                      Boloney. Its gut check time...every team is banged up right now. Chase is clearly trying to shake the grippe or something, as he was only half speed last night.

If he wasn't one of our better forwards, I'd be tempted to ask Appert to move Brutlag back to defense...the corps could use his fire right now. (I know I'm gonna catch h e l l for that comment.... I was encouraged by LeBoeuf and Koudys last night...both those guys handled the pressure Princeton was bringing pretty dang well...this experience is invaluable for them.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Last night was a very frustrating,but after a good night sleep I will try to put it in MY perspective.To paraphrase Denny Green We are who we are no surprises.We were picked to finish in the middle of the pack and it looks like we will or at least deserve to(because we couldn't win the games we needed to or should have).Even if our 2 prodical sons stayed another year we would still have some issues.With the exception of Us and Yale the other teams are built to "hack" their way through league play with a defensive posture and opportunistic goal scoring,power rankings and all that other "crack" is of no consequence...you have to get thru league play and we haven't figured that out yet.Even Yale has come back to earth now that its become a grind.Is their anyone here whom thinks Union is a more talented team than Yale,but they are in first place because their style fits this league perfectly I call it the Cornell model.In some respects you can have to many players that in the past have taken their teams on their backs and brought them to the promised land thats not going to happen here this league is a league of opportunity...you have to create the opportunity to apply your talent we don't do enough of that yet but I believe we will.I believe in this team this coach and the recruits we have coming in,As bad as it may seem at times we are moving forward but were not there yet this rebuild is about 75% complete and to hover around 20 wins on that trip ain't bad.I will submit that taking everything into account this current team has in some respects over achieved we just need to tighten our league play up its not about beating BU its about beating Colgate in our house when their in last place...in short taking care of business...just my 2 cent's...The faithful need to keep the faith !!!!!!!
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Boloney. Its gut check time...every team is banged up right now. Chase is clearly trying to shake the grippe or something, as he was only half speed last night.

If he wasn't one of our better forwards, I'd be tempted to ask Appert to move Brutlag back to defense...the corps could use his fire right now. (I know I'm gonna catch h e l l for that comment.... I was encouraged by LeBoeuf and Koudys last night...both those guys handled the pressure Princeton was bringing pretty dang well...this experience is invaluable for them.
                          BTW I agree with WS 1000%
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                            If we do end up with a bye, the first thing is wow. Second we will thank Harry Zolnierczyk two goals last night. Lets go Yale. Lets go Union.
                            A few tibbits from game last night. The 3 goals all freshman. Feola is awful period. A good crowd 3100 it says despite the snow. Our 2nd pp right now is better than the first unit.
                            Other notes and comments. Colgate is still hot. The best teams in the ecac this year may be Princeton, Yale and Union. Lets see the SENIORS have a big game tonight.
                            agreed. I hate union, but we need them and Yale to win tonight. Seniors have to step up and get hot heading into playoffs. Hopefully last reg season game at home will help this.

Comment

44 shots allowed is not a recipe for success..regardless of how hot your goalie is.

We need EVERYONE to contribute to team defense...guys need to have the hard wired edge that they are ****ed when opponents attempt to crash our net...and that simply ain't happening right now. Last night Brutlag and Rabbani were just about the only RPI guys defending our crease -they both planted guys on their fannies in the paint. WAY too much free skating from the Tigers...they looked like they were on the PP all night.

As I said last night, there's no time for reflection. Gotta right the ship and get a W tonight.
                              got that right

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                Last night was a very frustrating,but after a good night sleep I will try to put it in MY perspective.To paraphrase Denny Green We are who we are no surprises.We were picked to finish in the middle of the pack and it looks like we will or at least deserve to(because we couldn't win the games we needed to or should have).Even if our 2 prodical sons stayed another year we would still have some issues.With the exception of Us and Yale the other teams are built to "hack" their way through league play with a defensive posture and opportunistic goal scoring,power rankings and all that other "crack" is of no consequence...you have to get thru league play and we haven't figured that out yet.Even Yale has come back to earth now that its become a grind.Is their anyone here whom thinks Union is a more talented team than Yale,but they are in first place because their style fits this league perfectly I call it the Cornell model.In some respects you can have to many players that in the past have taken their teams on their backs and brought them to the promised land thats not going to happen here this league is a league of opportunity...you have to create the opportunity to apply your talent we don't do enough of that yet but I believe we will.I believe in this team this coach and the recruits we have coming in,As bad as it may seem at times we are moving forward but were not there yet this rebuild is about 75% complete and to hover around 20 wins on that trip ain't bad.I will submit that taking everything into account this current team has in some respects over achieved we just need to tighten our league play up its not about beating BU its about beating Colgate in our house when their in last place...in short taking care of business...just my 2 cent's...The faithful need to keep the faith !!!!!!!
                                I agree with 99% of this. I mildly disagree with your Union bashing...(sorry couldn't resist )

They are an excellent hockey team...#1 scoring def., #2 scoring off., #1 in GA, and most notably for me, they are 10th in penalty minutes. That's math even a non-engineer like me can understand: If you score a lot, don't allow many and you stay out of the box, you are a very good hockey team...

That's said, I hope to h e l l they flame out in the 2nd round...

Comment

Working...
                                X