This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Remember Polacek didn't score last weekend. He may have been hurt or it occured during the weekend.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Remember Polacek didn't score last weekend. He may have been hurt or it occured during the weekend.
      My personal speculation is that it is more likely an illness (e.g. the flu) given that he is going to skate in warmups, etc. It seems to me that if it were an injury, the decision could be made after a morning or even afternoon skate.

Comment

The previous thread was in honor of Allan York and he got a concussion. This one honors Chase Polacek, and he is in danger of missing his first game in four years. I think that we should mention refs in all future thread titles.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          The previous thread was in honor of Allan York and he got a concussion. This one honors Chase Polacek, and he is in danger of missing his first game in four years. I think that we should mention refs in all future thread titles.
          Ralph FTW.

Comment

Another 1 goal loss for us tonight-Suffered from friday malaise for most of the game. Undone by special teams allowing a PPG and a short hander. Tomorrow now a must win situation and we need Yale and Union to play like the 1-2 teams in the league that they are. Going back over the season-we put ourselves in this situation with some very mediocre play in the past few weeks. We can still salvage a lot though-just get fired up for tomorrow and blow the doors off. Go Red!!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Looking at the Brown/Cornell game-Harry Z played it both ways-helping us by scoring the first 2 goals for brown. Hurting us by taking a 5 minute major and a game misconduct in the third period. Cornell got even in the game with 2 power play goals in the third period (Brown whistled for 3 penalties in the period). Thankfully-Brown got the winner in OT to keep our hopes alive for tomorrow
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Do we really want to see this team get a bye in the first round of the playoffs? Assuming that the goal is still to win the ECAC tournament and to advance as far as possible in the NCAAs, the only thing that matters now is what is the best way to get the team sharp for the playoffs. Playoffs are always like a whole new season in hockey and I think that I would prefer to see the Engineers preparing by facing a challenge next weekend rather than by squeeking through with a bye.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                  Do we really want to see this team get a bye in the first round of the playoffs? Assuming that the goal is still to win the ECAC tournament and to advance as far as possible in the NCAAs, the only thing that matters now is what is the best way to get the team sharp for the playoffs. Playoffs are always like a whole new season in hockey and I think that I would prefer to see the Engineers preparing by facing a challenge next weekend rather than by squeeking through with a bye.
                  You have a point.

On the other hand, if RPI finishes fifth or sixth, they will face either Harvard, Colgate, or SLU next weekend, two of whom are playing their best hockey of the season and the other of whom beat RPI last week.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                    NCAA rules say that a team can only dress 18 skaters. Someone who's listed on that line chart won't end up playing tonight.
                    I'll stand corrected, but they all dressed and everybody but Merriam and Coupal played.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Another 1 goal loss for us tonight-Suffered from friday malaise for most of the game. Undone by special teams allowing a PPG and a short hander. Tomorrow now a must win situation and we need Yale and Union to play like the 1-2 teams in the league that they are. Going back over the season-we put ourselves in this situation with some very mediocre play in the past few weeks. We can still salvage a lot though-just get fired up for tomorrow and blow the doors off. Go Red!!
                      To quote Denny Green and the Coors Lite commercial Princeton was " ...Who we thought they were.." There weren't any surprises. They forechecked hard, they won the puck battles, they got traffic to the net...you name it, they did it better. 44 shots allowed. If Allen York wasn't in net, it would have been 10-3. Chase had arguably his worst game of the year, someone said he had the flu this week, hence the "questionable" pre-game status. Bailen seemed to be pressing tonight too. Good efforts from Brut, Lebouef and Rogic tonight, IMO.

No use dwelling on it, this team hasn't done many things easily this year. We need to regroup and win tomorrow night. All the rankings and scenario watching is effing useless. This team needs to find an edge or it will be another long off-season.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        To quote Denny Green and the Coors Lite commercial Princeton was " ...Who we thought they were.."
                        And WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!

Comment

I would like a bye, but I would rather have a hot goalie. And they don't get much hotter than York.

A week off to work on special teams would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I'll stand corrected, but they all dressed and everybody but Merriam and Coupal played.
                            Burgdoerfer jointed the crew in the stands http://www.collegehockeystats.net/10...s/mprnren1.f25
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Did everyone check out the Fire Seth Appert thread started last night....wow just wow. I wonder if this was started by the same person who just jumped on the bandwagon this season.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Happy Birthday Puckman (30). I didn't like the keep the puck away from Puckman game before his song. What was that all about?
                                Princeton was on fire last night. I think Chase was at about 60% and the team didn't benefit from him being on the ice. You could clearly see how hard it was for him to skate. He just had zero energy. Probably could have benefited from a player with fresh legs.
                                I'm not sure he would play tonight if it weren't senior night (although I don't know if he is).
                                Good crowd despite the weather.
                                Should be a good game tonight. Let's score early so we don't have to play catch up.
                                Go RPI.

Comment

Working...
                                X