X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I am finding myself all caught up in this PWR stuff. I will play with the What If Generator today. I will probably want to check things late friday when we might already know much more than we do now. It is a little comfort to know we still stand a chance but it appears that we do not want any real upsets in the other major conferences. I have waited 16 years for a chance to see us in the NCAA tournament-it has been long enough. I don't care where or who we play-I just want us to play and gain some experience for next year and the following years and we start to make a habit of this.
    I also expect our first tourney goal since 1985.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There's still a way to get in if clutch-and-grab-and-flop wins the EZAC, but we'd need a lot of help from the west, specifically lower seeds to win in the play-in games for the WCHA.

Comment

Good luck to RPI getting in the tourney. The scenarios must be driving you nuts. Can anyone confirm that the selection show is Sunday at 11:30 a.m. on ESPN? I read that in the TU but considering the source, confirmation would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
          Try 11th!
          Actually that should have said tied for 12th - to get to 11th we need a couple of other things to happen. I must admit I was pessimistic after seeing all of the OT game go against us yesterday but now I am gaining some optimism from playing with the predictor. Among the positive possibilities:
          - Favorites win every game and we are in
          - Colgate or Yale wins the ECAC consolation we either flip our comparison with Dartmouth or Cornell falls out of the TUC (huge)
          - CC loses WCHA play-in and we flip the comparison with them
          - CC wins and upsets ND - flipping our comparison with Maine
          - CCHA favorites win and we flip the comparison with WM

Lot's of good possibilities there. WE just have to hope the big 4 champs are for the most part the higher ranked teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
            Good luck to RPI getting in the tourney. The scenarios must be driving you nuts. Can anyone confirm that the selection show is Sunday at 11:30 a.m. on ESPN? I read that in the TU but considering the source, confirmation would be nice.
            according to the TV schedule on DirecTV; Sun. 3/20 at 11:30 am on ESPN2...College Hockey Special...I'm assuming that's the selection show
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              I think it's ESPN2.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I also expect our first tourney goal since 1985.
                    The last NCAA tournament game involving RPI that we attended was in Albany in 1994. And yes we were shut out. I listened to the following year's game and again we were shut out.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

TV schedule for all major events and games courtesy of paul kelly's group

http://www.collegehockeyinc.com/view...al-tv-schedule
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        TV schedule for all major events and games courtesy of paul kelly's group

http://www.collegehockeyinc.com/view...al-tv-schedule
                        Thands AD-good work. Now all I have to do is figure out which of these games will be carried by Comcast Cable here in NJ.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I've gotten RPI to 10th (outright, no tie) with 20 comparisons won. I'm pretty sure that's the limit, has anyone done better?
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

I'm not going to do this while at work, but assuming each team has an equal chance of winning each game in which they play, what is the probability that RPI will make the tournament?

Comment

Someone who has run more numbers than I have correct me if I'm wrong but the combination of a CC loss in their play in game and no bids stolen in the conf tourneys should give RPI a great chance of getting in. There are many other ways but if there is any one team we want to go down I would think CC followed by Western Michigan and then Dartmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                                I've gotten RPI to 10th (outright, no tie) with 20 comparisons won. I'm pretty sure that's the limit, has anyone done better?
                                Working on it a good portion of the day and 11th is the best I could come up with:

11 Rensselaer (RP) 17 .5240

Atlantic Hockey
                                Semifinal #2: Air Force defeats Holy Cross
                                Semifinal #1: RIT defeats Connecticut
                                Championship game: RIT defeats Air Force
                                CCHA
                                Semifinal #2: Miami defeats Notre Dame
                                Semifinal #1: Michigan defeats Western Michigan
                                Championship game: Michigan defeats Miami
                                Consolation game: Notre Dame defeats Western Michigan
                                ECAC
                                Semifinal #2: Dartmouth defeats Cornell
                                Semifinal #1: Colgate defeats Yale
                                Championship game: Colgate defeats Dartmouth
                                Consolation game: Yale defeats Cornell
                                Hockey East
                                Semifinal #2: Merrimack defeats New Hampshire
                                Semifinal #1: Boston College defeats Northeastern
                                Championship game: Boston College defeats Merrimack
                                WCHA
                                Play-in #2: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Bemidji State
                                Play-in #1: Alaska-Anchorage defeats Colorado College
                                Semifinal #2: Denver defeats Minnesota-Duluth
                                Semifinal #1: North Dakota defeats Alaska-Anchorage
                                Championship game: North Dakota defeats Denver

Comment

Working...
                                X