This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

CC leading Wisconsin about 14 minutes into the third 2-1 on two PPGs. Let's go Badgers!
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

And CC wins. Bad end to the night.
      RPI Pep Band
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Northeastern & Notre Dame won. Yale is still standing. Wonder how TR crunches the numbers. With a weekend to go...

We are now Yale fans... someone has to lose btw Dartmouth & Cornell (ideal: Yale wins it all and hope it's the Green who face Colgate in the consy at AC... may Colgate brush them out of contention!) Who should we be pulling for in the other leagues? Wait and see WaP.
        Here we come!

Comment

No upsets puts us at #14. WaP has us as high as #11. I believe.
          RPI Pep Band
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Just a quick, first-look analysis that might be wrong:

There would have to be a great number of things going wrong for RPI to miss the tournament, I think. I'm very optimistic. Haven't found a way yet for them to end up any lower than they are now (#16) although I have had them as high as #14 and still out of the tournament on upsets. I do have a fairly quick and relatively easy way for them to end up as high as #11.

WaP will provide a full report on Monday evening. In the meantime, if anyone finds anything using the PairWise Predictor you think should be brought to our attention, shoot me an email: tomyousieve (AT) gmail (dot) com.
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

I root for SCC for the first time in my life and they lose. I guess that figures.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A new article by Ed Weaver on RPI's chances http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  OK, RPI fans: You have just become the BIGGEST Yale fans in the ECAC. Yes, even bigger than actual Yale fans.
                  Don't totally agree with this. I think we need to be the biggest Colgate fans and here is why. From what I can see, so long as either Cornell or Dartmouth lose both games this weekend then we are quite likely in. One of them will lose in the semis and the question becomes can they lose the consolation? If Colgate knocks off Yale then that 2nd game for the D/C loser is against Yale - which is great. In either case, we still are likely to make it in because we gain more spots from having D or C lose 2 than having Yale win while D and C only win 1 game. If Yale wins in the Semis, then the consolation is against Colgate (in which case we still root hard for a Colgate win). On top of that, since we've played Colgate 5 times, every win by them is worth 5/2 what the impact of a loss by the others is as far as our RPI goes.

So I'm rooting for Colgate to go all the way and for us to finish somewhere near 12 with a win by Yale in the consolation.
                  Last edited by jmhusker; 03-14-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

It's nice to be around people online that understand how the PWR works. There are some that still believe the smoke-filled room presence. Probably even more so because of what happened in that other college sport played this time of year (and I don't mean wrestling).

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                      Don't totally agree with this. I think we need to be the biggest Colgate fans and here is why. From what I can see, so long as either Cornell or Dartmouth lose both games this weekend then we are quite likely in. One of them will lose in the semis and the question becomes can they lose the consolation? If Colgate knocks off Yale then that 2nd game for the D/C loser is against Yale - which is great. In either case, we still are likely to make it in because we gain more spots from having D or C lose 2 than having Yale win while D and C only win 1 game. If Yale wins in the Semis, then the consolation is against Colgate (in which case we still root hard for a Colgate win). On top of that, since we've played Colgate 5 times, every win by them is worth 5/2 what the impact of a loss by the others is as far as our RPI goes.

So I'm rooting for Colgate to go all the way and for us to finish somewhere near 12 with a win by Yale in the consolation.
                      You considered that your scenario allows Colgate to get in?
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        I doubt that he did. It is possible that his scenario puts us at 14th or higher though.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          Yes. Colgate or Cornell/Dartmouth. Two more Colgate wins with a ale consolation victory would put 4 ECAC teams in with one not having played in 3 weeks and another with a record << .500. I can hear all of the HE and WCHA fans screaming now.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            I doubt that he did. It is possible that his scenario puts us at 14th or higher though.
                            Try 11th!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              I have ben watching this all weekend, and my head is spinning.
                              I will root for Yale and against Cornell next weekend, because that will be easy for me.
                              I will check on Sunday to see if we made it or not.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I have ben watching this all weekend, and my head is spinning.
                                I will root for Yale and against Cornell next weekend, because that will be easy for me.
                                I will check on Sunday to see if we made it or not.
                                I am finding myself all caught up in this PWR stuff. I will play with the What If Generator today. I will probably want to check things late friday when we might already know much more than we do now. It is a little comfort to know we still stand a chance but it appears that we do not want any real upsets in the other major conferences. I have waited 16 years for a chance to see us in the NCAA tournament-it has been long enough. I don't care where or who we play-I just want us to play and gain some experience for next year and the following years and we start to make a habit of this.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X