This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

was surprised when I opened my USA Hockey Magazine & saw this article http://usahockeymagazine.com/article...sselaer-hockey Quite a few pix left out though along with BRF game history in the "web" version.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
      When was the last team to get booted 1st round of their playoffs? Then make the ncaa tourmey?
      I know for sure DU was ousted in the 1st round in 2004 and then sneaked in as a #4 seed, beat # 1 Nodak 1-0 at the Regionals and then won the NCAA championship in Boston.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

The following is from Jason Klump's twitter page about an hour ago.

"Seth Appert spoke last Sunday as if season had ended, but changed tune after all-nighter studying PWR. None have left or signed from RPI yet"
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Are any of you the guy who unfurled his Raiders window shade banner last night in section 1? You looked like you were having a good time, and that's what college hockey is all about (except the first 17 or so seasons of Union D-1 .

Comment

Looks like all four ECAC series are going to a third game on Sunday...
            Any given Sunday! Don't want too many favorites knocked off as it can impact RPI's standing (or lack thereof).
            GO RED Scoreboard watch!
            Here we come!

Comment

this time tomorrow you guys could be something like 10th...lol.....

Comment

It looks like we'll finish out the night alone at 15th. A little less exciting than the 13th before Denver and CC won, but at least the CC win was what we wanted (assuming Wisconsin pulls it out tomorrow). So let's go Northeastern, Ferris State, Notre Dame, and Wisconsin!
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  It looks like we'll finish out the night alone at 15th. A little less exciting than the 13th before Denver and CC won, but at least the CC win was what we wanted (assuming Wisconsin pulls it out tomorrow).
                  I see it as tied for 15th with Dartmouth, losing the RPI tiebreaker, leaving us out of the tournament. And, yea, I saw us at 13th, too and was really excited!
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    I see it as tied for 15th with Dartmouth, losing the RPI tiebreaker, leaving us out of the tournament. And, yea, I saw us at 13th, too and was really excited!
                    I have never been such a big Quinnipiac fan in my life!(And i really am rooting for Harvard)
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I have never been such a big Quinnipiac fan in my life!(And i really am rooting for Harvard)
                      Gotta root for Union and Yale tonight as well. A loss by both these teams combined with a Q and Harvard win would mean one less at-large spot for RPI to try and get. With either Colgate, SLU, Harvard or Q picking up the auto-bid.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        Gotta root for Union and Yale tonight as well. A loss by both these teams combined with a Q and Harvard win would mean one less at-large spot for RPI to try and get. With either Colgate, SLU, Harvard or Q picking up the auto-bid.
                        I think those to teams will take care of their business. Worried a bit about QU-yeterday they drew Kotyra and Feola in Ithaca and I am not sure either of those 2 call penalties against Cornell-especially late in the game. Or perhaps it is just my paranoia surfacing again.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Fingers crossed...Only one series has ended opposite of how we wanted it to, although the Denver series ended earlier than we would have liked. I'm seeing us tied for 15th, so technically in 16th...hopefully a Qpac win and some other games will push Cornell off the cliff...and hopefully Kotyra and Feola only have a bias against RPI!

Comment

It appears that my post was premature and that the PWR had not been updated for the last time of the night. Sorry about that.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I got us to 11th going into next weekend's games based on all 9 going the right way tonight. Obviously, some of them (Canisius-HC) are less important than others while still others (SLU-Yale, Colgate-UC) aren't very important this week but will have significant consequences next weekend.

ETA: And, if I remember right, 5 of the 9 wins had to be by the road team, which seems less than likely.
                              Last edited by burgie12; 03-13-2011, 11:13 AM. Reason: road wins
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                                But if H2H is used as a tiebreaker, you guys are 15th and in.

Just did some number crunching. Even with all 4 ECAC QF matchups going to a 3rd game, you guys can still move up in the PWR with the right combinations. First, you need Quinnipiac to defeat Cornell tonight. That will knock Cornell out of being a TUC and improve your TUC record. That alone will flip the TUC comparision with Notre Dame and Colorado College. Second, you need Wisconsin to win tonight. That will entirely flip the comparision with CC moving you guys up. Third, you want Harvard to upend Dartmouth tonight. That should give you an RPI edge over the Big Green, and since you guys have H2H, should entirely flip the comparison with them.

You will also want Northeastern to defeat BU, and Ferris State to defeat Western Michigan tonight, as those teams are all near you in the PWR and obviously you want them to drop spots, not gain them. And last but not least, you'll need the automatic bids to be from top PWR teams. In the ECAC you want Yale or Union to win out. Then in Hockey East you want BC or Merrimack to win out, in the CCHA Michigan or Miami to win out, and in the WCHA NoDak or Minn-Duluth to win out.

If everything goes your way tonight the Engineers should jump up a handful of spots in the PWR.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X