X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    We'll see, but Michigan budget problems could occur.

Anything is possible five years from now. That's immediately after our 2016 championship, so he might want another challenge.
    Were we in about the same situation now as we were in 1980? Obviously we did face the Olympic team in that season...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Were we in about the same situation now as we were in 1980? Obviously we did face the Olympic team in that season...
      F Dude that was the most explosive night of offense I have ever seen at HFH. I was 13 years old and I got Jim Craig, Dave Silk, etc. autograph. Spoke to the late and great Herbie Brooks. The USA team absolutely annihilated RPI that night. Mark Johnson and Co. laid the wood to us. Ralph can probably tell me the score. What an honor to be there that night with my dad. Winning the Gold medal in 80 has to be the greatest moment in College Hockey because of what those guys from Minn., BU, etc. did those magical nights in Lake Placid. If you are jonesing for some hockey, rent or buy Miracle on Ice. I love the Field House because of nights like those. What a great old barn.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        F Dude that was the most explosive night of offense I have ever seen at HFH. I was 13 years old and I got Jim Craig, Dave Silk, etc. autograph. Spoke to the late and great Herbie Brooks. The USA team absolutely annihilated RPI that night. Mark Johnson and Co. laid the wood to us. Ralph can probably tell me the score. What an honor to be there that night with my dad. Winning the Gold medal in 80 has to be the greatest moment in College Hockey because of what those guys from Minn., BU, etc. did those magical nights in Lake Placid. If you are jonesing for some hockey, rent or buy Miracle on Ice. I love the Field House because of nights like those. What a great old barn.
        Actually I didn't even remember that we played the Olympic team that year. DrD was probably there also.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Allen York is a finalist for the Dryden award (ECAC top goalie).
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Actually I didn't even remember that we played the Olympic team that year. DrD was probably there also.
            Jenny and I were there but we cannot recall the fianl score. Just that we got hammered for 60 minutes totally. I have the box score up at our Adirondack house so next trip up will try to look for it. We have no more room here in NJ so we store everything up north.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Allen York is a finalist for the Dryden award (ECAC top goalie).
              Good to hear but doubtful he will win after the last few weekends play.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Jenny and I were there but we cannot recall the fianl score. Just that we got hammered for 60 minutes totally. I have the box score up at our Adirondack house so next trip up will try to look for it. We have no more room here in NJ so we store everything up north.
                The score was 9-3 USA. I wasn't there.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  The score was 9-3 USA. I wasn't there.
                  I can't say for sure but that sounds about right. At the time I remember thinking this USA team seemed really out of our league. I did not remember if Craig played in goal for that game though. If I had been smart I probably should have hung around and grabbed a few autographs.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I can't say for sure but that sounds about right.
                    It's amazing what the internet can do.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      Some of my assumption is based on Gwoz's wife being from Michigan and I belive his daughter goes to MSU (I think??). I am assuming that Gwoz is on the move at any rate because he is not feeling the luv at DU. I don't think we will lose SA to Denver though because he would have too much loyalty to Gwoz and not take the job because of the treatment he (Gwoz) has received from DU admin. JMHO. Would like to hear Puck Swami's thoughts on this matter.
                      I believe his daughter is/was a golfer at MSU. Call me crazy, but if I'm papa, the last thing I want to do is follow my daughter onto the very campus she chose to attend away from home. Kinda defeats the whole spreading the wings thing if mom and dad buy a house down the street from sorority row. If she's already graduated, then its a moot point.

Also, in order for Gwoz to consider leaving DU, MSU would need to be willing to open the checkbook and pay him more than the estimated $200-250k he is currently making at DU...anyone's guess if the the powers in Lansing are willing to do that.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Read Jayson's updated Bracketology and hope!

He has RPI at #15.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Read Jayson's updated Bracketology and hope!

He has RPI at #15.
                          We still have a long way to go. One could almost see the RPI fan showing through in Jayson's post.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Also, in order for Gwoz to consider leaving DU, MSU would need to be willing to open the checkbook and pay him more than the estimated $200-250k he is currently making at DU...anyone's guess if the the powers in Lansing are willing to do that.
                            $200-250k? Perhaps iIchose the wrong profession? Darn, that's doing a lot of hair transplants for me.

Comment

We still have a long way to go. One could almost see the RPI fan showing through in Jayson's post.
                              We just cannot expect every night to go like last night. We did get a lot of help though.

Comment

When was the last team to get booted 1st round of their playoffs? Then make the ncaa tourmey?
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X