X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    We are now tied 16th with Maine in the pwr.
    Still quite a bit to go to get to 15th though. We need a lot of good things to happen. NU over BU yesterday was a nice start though.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      There's been a lot of chatter out there about Seth and MSU....Nate Leaman has also been mentioned in a few "short list" blog posts. I for one do not think Gwoz would leave DU for MSU.
      Some of my assumption is based on Gwoz's wife being from Michigan and I belive his daughter goes to MSU (I think??). I am assuming that Gwoz is on the move at any rate because he is not feeling the luv at DU. I don't think we will lose SA to Denver though because he would have too much loyalty to Gwoz and not take the job because of the treatment he (Gwoz) has received from DU admin. JMHO. Would like to hear Puck Swami's thoughts on this matter.
      Last edited by AspyDad; 03-11-2011, 08:36 AM.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        Some of my assumption is based on Gwoz's wife being from Michigan and I belive his daughter goes to MSU (I think??). I am assuming that Gwoz is on the move at any rate because he is not feeling the luv at DU. I don't think we will lose SA to Denver though because he would have too much loyalty to Gwoz and not take the job because of the treatment he (Gwoz) has received from DU admin. JMHO. Would like to hear Puck Swami's thoughts on this matter.
        In terms of SA or Leaman moving on, I know they both have long term contracts. Do these contracts generally have "out clauses" or do the AD's need permission to speak with the coaches who are under contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          In terms of SA or Leaman moving on, I know they both have long term contracts. Do these contracts generally have "out clauses" or do the AD's need permission to speak with the coaches who are under contract?
          I am sure nothing in these contrcts would insure that they cannot be broken. Guys have jumped ship to take other positins from many teams in the past. I just think SA and Leaman would be too honorable to do that. Either might leave at some time, but they would do it in a more proper fashion.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
            There is usually an out clause for specific teams. I'm sure for Appert it includes DU and Ferris State. I'm not sure which team Leaman would have in his clause, but I'm sure it exists. And, yes, these teams would likely have to go through the AD to contact the coach.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              There is usually an out clause for specific teams. I'm sure for Appert it includes DU and Ferris State. I'm not sure which team Leaman would have in his clause, but I'm sure it exists. And, yes, these teams would likely have to go through the AD to contact the coach.

I agree with B12. I have always thought that Nate would be a candidate for Harvard job if they ever pull the trigger on Teddy.
              Last edited by AspyDad; 03-11-2011, 10:04 AM.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

[QUOTE=DrDemento;5074351]I just think SA ... would be too honorable to do that. QUOTE]

Seth is an honorable man.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I am sure nothing in these contrcts would insure that they cannot be broken. Guys have jumped ship to take other positins from many teams in the past. I just think SA and Leaman would be too honorable to do that. Either might leave at some time, but they would do it in a more proper fashion.
                  For Union to keep nate long term I think that upgrade to facilities will have to take place. Or at least one more urinal at Messa.

Comment

For Union to keep nate long term I think that upgrade to facilities will have to take place. Or at least one more urinal at Messa.
                    Urinal aside, I think it's going to take more than that, but it's just speculation on my part.

Comment

Leaman was one of the final three candidates for the Head Coaching job with the USNDPT U-17 Team over the summer that eventually went to Danton Cole. So I could see him throwing his name in the hat for the MSU opening.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        Leaman was one of the final three candidates for the Head Coaching job with the USNDPT U-17 Team over the summer that eventually went to Danton Cole. So I could see him throwing his name in the hat for the MSU opening.
                        yea, I think you're right. I thought Cole was the leading contender for MSU job at one point. Nate's stock will rise considerably if he has a good run in tourney. BTW - you do an awesome job on recruit thread. thnx for all your work on that

Comment

Do you think that SA would ever be interested in the Ferris job? From waht I ahve read he was never too happy with his situation there. Also there are periodic rumors that the program will fold.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Do you think that SA would ever be interested in the Ferris job? From waht I ahve read he was never too happy with his situation there. Also there are periodic rumors that the program will fold.
                            It would probably only fold with the formation of the BTHC and BHHC. Maybe the CCHA teams left over would want to collaborate with some of the Western Atlantic teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I don't think he'd leave for Ferris today or tomorrow, but I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibility that he could jump for Ferris five or so years down the road if some of the other factors (AD, school support, etc.) change.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                It would probably only fold with the formation of the BTHC and BHHC. Maybe the CCHA teams left over would want to collaborate with some of the Western Atlantic teams.
                                We'll see, but Michigan budget problems could occur.

I don't think he'd leave for Ferris today or tomorrow, but I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibility that he could jump for Ferris five or so years down the road if some of the other factors (AD, school support, etc.) change.
                                Anything is possible five years from now. That's immediately after our 2016 championship, so he might want another challenge.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X