This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

I am hoping that we get that 15th spot in the pairwise. We are in my opinion the 3rd best team still overall body of work in the ecac. We beat Dartmouth twice. Just like in ncaa hoops actual people will pick the final 15 + maac champ.... If there is a tie in the pwr between us, b.u, dart, and someone else for 14 or 15; that they will choose us. We swept Dartmouth. Beat BU head to head. Have 2 hobey caliber players that people should want to see play. 8-1-3 out of conference record which the ncaa tourney should be matched up like. That our star goalie missed a few games. LETS GO RED
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
      I disagree. It would mean another open weekend during the regular season which some coaches are not in favor of.
      I believe that it will give coaches a chance to rest up players who are hurt but not injured (if that makes sense). Do either of us have any objective statements by coaches to back up our claims or are we both just posturing?
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

OH Jerry!
        As a hockey player from Binghamtom NY. Ya think ya would rather be playing Owen Sound then getting on a school bus and traveling to Erie PA, then swinging over to play a team from Guelph Ont.
        It would really suck having to play Cornell this weekend in Ithaca NY (a stones throw from your home town) and fighting to get your team a shot in the NCAA tourney.
        Who is your family advisor Al Sharpton?

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
          Who is your family advisor Al Sharpton?
          Steve Bartlett out of Rochester.
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Zach Schroeder had a beauty of a goal for St. Thomas Academy tonight. I think you'll like him.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              One of our neighbors kids(from up in the Adirondacks) worked there a few years back-early 2000's. They loved being there. Said it was an old fashioned camp with old fashioned values. Paid fairly well. They think an RPI Grad may have something to do with running it. They described it as a rather high end camp (I suppose meaning expensive).
              From reading reviews it is a rather expensive place to camp. We stopped by today amidst the two feet of snow dumped up there, it is certainly an old school (Adirondack type) looking place right on Trout Lake. My daughter and I liked the proximity to Lake George as she will at least have some diversions while not working. She has already been hired and our visit just confirmed our unseen thoughts about the place, the website is quite slick and is indicative of the owners IT pedigree from RPI. Bachelors from Union (sorry) but the important degree from RPI

http://www.campwalden-ny.com/index.php

Mark Bernstein holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics from Union College and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Technology and Entrepreneurship. Mark is an entrepreneur with expertise in multi-media and distance learning. He and his former business partners invented the first PC-based “virtual classroom” and “web conferencing” software product. At Walden, Mark manages all of the facilities, operations, and support centers.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                From reading reviews it is a rather expensive place to camp. We stopped by today amidst the two feet of snow dumped up there, it is certainly an old school (Adirondack type) looking place right on Trout Lake. My daughter and I liked the proximity to Lake George as she will at least have some diversions while not working. She has already been hired and our visit just confirmed our unseen thoughts about the place, the website is quite slick and is indicative of the owners IT pedigree from RPI. Bachelors from Union (sorry) but the important degree from RPI

Mark Bernstein holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics from Union College and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Technology and Entrepreneurship. Mark is an entrepreneur with expertise in multi-media and distance learning. He and his former business partners invented the first PC-based “virtual classroom” and “web conferencing” software product. At Walden, Mark manages all of the facilities, operations, and support centers.
                bring mosquito netting and plenty of deet

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                  OH Jerry!
                  As a hockey player from Binghamtom NY. Ya think ya would rather be playing Owen Sound then getting on a school bus and traveling to Erie PA, then swinging over to play a team from Guelph Ont.
                  It would really suck having to play Cornell this weekend in Ithaca NY (a stones throw from your home town) and fighting to get your team a shot in the NCAA tourney.
                  You don't think RPI would be playing at home this weekend if Jerry were around?
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The following have until Friday at 7PM to get their 2nd Round picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs

95virago
                    alslammerz
                    BigRedBrouhaha
                    Brett Gobe
                    Brian Sullivan
                    burgie12
                    cnor79
                    Go Puckman
                    hawthr
                    hockeyplayer1015
                    jmhusker
                    johnk
                    Maine-iac
                    Mike Hutter
                    Onion Man
                    Palaeopitus
                    PutItBackOn
                    REDaero91
                    redrocker
                    Rhamilton
                    Rjm7272
                    rockandrock44
                    slu fan
                    sshablak
                    StayPuftMMcu
                    TchrBill
                    TheValleyRaider
                    unionbob
                    UnionPuckLove
                    UnionTDX04
                    vicb
                    Wholin1
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post

I wouldn't hold his degree from Union against him-I took some courses there also and attended their medical school. But my loyalties remain in the right place. This camp is similar to one we know a bit more about up in Long Lake NY in the center of the Adirondacks. But you are so right-the proximity to Lake George allows for much more in activities. Long Lake is an incredibly lovely area but it is in the middle of Hamilton County and there is just so little there to do outside of the camp. For those that do not know-that area of the Adirondack Park from Long Lake south to Blue Mountain Lake and then west to Raquette Lake or east to Indian Lake is about as gorgeous an area as you can find.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

About AspyDad Basic Information

Happy "anniversary"
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Happy "anniversary"
                          *facepalm*

I'm surprised there's no thread in the café yet...

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Happy "anniversary"
                            Thank you FF. I'm not the kind of person to draw attention to myself
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              Thank you FF. I'm not the kind of person to draw attention to myself
                              We do like to celibrate things here on the thread-like when RB gets to 1,000,000 posts.
                              Last edited by DrDemento; 03-10-2011, 12:06 PM.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                I am hoping that we get that 15th spot in the pairwise. We are in my opinion the 3rd best team still overall body of work in the ecac. We beat Dartmouth twice. Just like in ncaa hoops actual people will pick the final 15 + maac champ.... If there is a tie in the pwr between us, b.u, dart, and someone else for 14 or 15; that they will choose us. We swept Dartmouth. Beat BU head to head. Have 2 hobey caliber players that people should want to see play. 8-1-3 out of conference record which the ncaa tourney should be matched up like. That our star goalie missed a few games. LETS GO RED
                                After losing to last-place Colgate three times this year, can you actually still think that we belong in the NCAA Tournament? I think not. Also, we should have taken care of business and gotten ONE more point to finish in the top 4, which we didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X