X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    You guys are quite entertaining this week! I am literally driving through Troy as I write this on my way to Diamond Point NY to check outy CAmp Walden where my daughter may work this summer, any of you guys ever heard of or been to the place?
    Driving while posting? There's laws against that kind of stuff here in this state.

The only one I have heard of is Lake George Escape, and you can see it from the Northway on your way down (though probably not in your direction). My aunt and uncle used to work-camp there. I have not heard of Camp Walden.

Comment

You guys are quite entertaining this week! I am literally driving through Troy as I write this on my way to Diamond Point NY to check outy CAmp Walden where my daughter may work this summer, any of you guys ever heard of or been to the place?
      LT-Is this the Diamond Point just above the town of Lake George? On the lake itself? If so I may have some feedback for you.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        LT-Is this the Diamond Point just above the town of Lake George? On the lake itself? If so I may have some feedback for you.
        Yes camp is actually on trout lake
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

WOW!!!! I thought it might be a little slow on the board after the weekend, hahahahahahhahah. Took me 3 cups of coffee to get thru about 24 hrs. of posts! Anyone else a little disturbed with the increase for next years season tix prices? IIRC, 2 yrs. ago I paid $144.....last year, $165....next year? $228!....and the beat goes on. Oh well. http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/ I've been un able to vote for Hobey Baker for 2 days now, it just shows the results, anyone else having the same problem? Is voting over?
          Last edited by turk181; 03-09-2011, 11:01 AM.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            WOW!!!! I thought it might be a little slow on the board after the weekend, hahahahahahhahah. Took me 3 cups of coffee to get thru about 24 hrs. of posts! Anyone else a little disturbed with the increase for next years season tix prices? IIRC, 2 yrs. ago I paid $144.....last year, $165....next year? $228!....and the beat goes on. Oh well. http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/ I've been un able to vote for Hobey Baker for 2 days now, it just shows the results, anyone else having the same problem? Is voting over?
            Tell me about it, playoff ticket prices went up as well, even for the students. If they wanted any reason as to why people aren't showing up to the playoff games, I will point right there. I think the only school that doesn't increase their prices for playoffs is Cornell, but then again their prices are already exorbitant (at least in comparison to the other schools around our league and area).

I wonder if being a top 20 school for pretty much the whole year is causing this drastic increase in price...

Comment

....or the priveldge of looking up at the "luxury boxes" that were empty the whole year with the exception of the Hahved game
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Yes camp is actually on trout lake
                One of our neighbors kids(from up in the Adirondacks) worked there a few years back-early 2000's. They loved being there. Said it was an old fashioned camp with old fashioned values. Paid fairly well. They think an RPI Grad may have something to do with running it. They described it as a rather high end camp (I suppose meaning expensive).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Tell me about it, playoff ticket prices went up as well, even for the students. If they wanted any reason as to why people aren't showing up to the playoff games, I will point right there. I think the only school that doesn't increase their prices for playoffs is Cornell, but then again their prices are already exorbitant (at least in comparison to the other schools around our league and area).

I wonder if being a top 20 school for pretty much the whole year is causing this drastic increase in price...
                  FWIW, whenever there is a thread about ticket prices on USCHO, RPI's seem quite low, however the percentage increase shown in those figures is quite high.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                    First, what is stopping HEA from doing that is because that format doesn't make sense for the 10 teams!
                    The format makes so little sense that it was actually in use by a conference until they expanded to 12 teams (and no, I'm not talking about the WCHA).
                    Second please show me where I said an extra week in regular season would be, in YOUR words, "a bad thing".
                    Your original quote was:
                    Also, the non-conference weekend by eliminating one round of playoffs is a mute point since you still can only play 34 games (non-ivies).
                    And, when I said that I thought an extra weekend to play those 34 games would be helpful, you ignored the point. I was just trying to point out that it might pay off to have an extra weekend to play those 34 games. Do you agree or disagree?
                    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    If there were to be an extra week, what's not to say that they couldn't just make all of the series best 2 out of 3?
                    Do you mean that the first round would be 1v8, 2v7, etc. in a best-of-3 format and then the semis would be 1v4, 2v3 in a best-of-3 format, and the finals would be 1v2 in a best-of-3 format? That way, the playoffs would still take 3 weekends, but would only include the top 8 teams?
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      Do you mean that the first round would be 1v8, 2v7, etc. in a best-of-3 format and then the semis would be 1v4, 2v3 in a best-of-3 format, and the finals would be 1v2 in a best-of-3 format? That way, the playoffs would still take 3 weekends, but would only include the top 8 teams?
                      Yes sir.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        Your original quote was:
                        And, when I said that I thought an extra weekend to play those 34 games would be helpful, you ignored the point. I was just trying to point out that it might pay off to have an extra weekend to play those 34 games. Do you agree or disagree?
                        I disagree. It would mean another open weekend during the regular season which some coaches are not in favor of.
                        Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/ I've been un able to vote for Hobey Baker for 2 days now, it just shows the results, anyone else having the same problem? Is voting over?
                          From the Hobey Baker Award website:
                          Phase I of Vote for Hobey Complete
                          Phase I of Vote for Hobey is now over. Users will soon be able to vote again for their favorite Hobey Baker candidate from the Top Ten Hobey Finalists in Phase II.

So we'll be able to vote for Allen and Chase again soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                            From the Hobey Baker Award website:
                            Phase I of Vote for Hobey Complete
                            Phase I of Vote for Hobey is now over. Users will soon be able to vote again for their favorite Hobey Baker candidate from the Top Ten Hobey Finalists in Phase II.

So we'll be able to vote for Allen and Chase again soon enough.
                            Let's be smart though and pool our votes for one candidate-splitting the vote is counterproductive. I know it counts for diddley squat but still nice to do our best.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Let's be smart though and pool our votes for one candidate-splitting the vote is counterproductive. I know it counts for diddley squat but still nice to do our best.
                              I doubt that both candidates RPI will be on the list.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-09-2011, 01:59 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Let's be smart though and pool our votes for one candidate-splitting the vote is counterproductive.
                                Agreed. I've been voting exclusively for Chase all season based on this logic.

Nothing against Allen or his season at all (you can't hold the concussion against him....); just that (1) Chase is a senior, it's his last chance, (2) he has great comparative stats nationally as far as game-winning goals, and a nice community service profile (see the Lowe's site for those details), (3) he may have some carry-over momentum from last year, and (4) he will do really well in ECAC player of year vote; while Mello may outpoll York within the ECAC for goalie of the year.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X