X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Well, different kids are wowed by different things. Some are bowled over by a school that's merely close to home. Some like the North Country's seclusion, others are turned off by it. Some will find Troy to be a city with character, others will find it a dump. Some are turned on by educational opportunities or merely the offer of a scholarship. Facilities certainly play a role, but what each potential recruit wants in a building is different.
    Troy is a dump with character.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Over 100 posts today.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Johnk, the true colors came out on you today. You like to call my brother and me name callers but you went right for the low road. That speaks volumes enough. You’re an insider … close personal friends blah blah blah... what you are is a blowhard name dropper want to be. None of us are happy about the losses and I have no issues with you stating your case but come on. Let’s talk about the upgrades to HFH, that was all Seth because I know people at the Tute. Do you think Shirley one day said “hey, let’s put a state of the art scoreboard up”. No Seth sold that. He was in the lower third of schools playing hockey and in a short time brought them back to national relevance. Lastly, it’s a hockey board, stop calling people gay and that there a “joke”. Have a nice offseason.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Troy is a dump with character.
          Fighting words
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Are you still going?
            This morning gave my tickets to 2 friends who will appreciate the games more than we would without RPI participating. They have given us tickets often and it is our way of paying them back a little.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              Way to keep it classy Johnk.
              Johnk, the true colors came out on you today. You like to call my brother and me name callers but you went right for the low road. That speaks volumes enough. You’re an insider … close personal friends blah blah blah... what you are is a blowhard name dropper want to be. None of us are happy about the losses and I have no issues with you stating your case but come on. Let’s talk about the upgrades to HFH, that was all Seth because I know people at the Tute. Do you think Shirley one day said “hey, let’s put a state of the art scoreboard up”. No Seth sold that. He was in the lower third of schools playing hockey and in a short time brought them back to national relevance. Lastly, it’s a hockey board, stop calling people gay and that there a “joke”. Have a nice offseason.
              Yes the last coach never asked for any upgrades to the fieldhouse or more money for the hockey budget Well this blowhard whose wife runs the show better stop the name calling. And my so called reporter friend that makes me a name dropper better go back to being a so called reporter. I don't need to drop any names and you "know" people at the Tute so how has the changed any of the results or lack there of them?

Comment

Do you think Shirley one day said “hey, let’s put a state of the art scoreboard up.
                This was an upgrade plan to HFH that was in the planning stages before Seth arrived, which was part of the lure for a new coach.
                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  Yes the last coach never asked for any upgrades to the fieldhouse or more money for the hockey budget Well this blowhard whose wife runs the show better stop the name calling. And my so called reporter friend that makes me a name dropper better go back to being a so called reporter. I don't need to drop any names and you "know" people at the Tute so how has the changed any of the results or lack there of them?
                  Anything more about your experiences and who you know, Paul Stewart?

Comment

Last coach asked and never delivered (point one). You started the name calling and then inferred I was gay (point 2). If you are Ken's friend which I have no doubt you are, you are really not a good representive by calling people gay (point 3). I will allow you the last word. Have a nice life.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Ok, yes he deserves some hassle, but really dropping a bomb and insulting him like that, there is no place for that on this board, what did he ever do to warrant that treatment?

Comment

Over 100 posts today.
                        You're welcome.

Comment

No I will just be a name dropper so not gonna bother, but if you want to send an email off of this board I would be glad to let you know where I get my info from which for the most part is pretty accurate. As far as most of what I post on here, its just an opinion. The people that know me on here mostly know me from my second business which is a pub in the Schdy area that many of the people I have met in the college hockey world frequent since we carry many of the games of the dish. No great inside info and nothing thats gonna feed the poor or create world peace but some very good people affiliated with RPI, Union and the local media who are just trying to do their jobs and yes we talk alot about college hockey. Especially since my Godson is from the area and playing for the Chicago Steel in the USHL and has decommited from Ohio State after their coach was fired.
                          Last edited by johnk; 03-08-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Last coach asked and never delivered (point one). You started the name calling and then inferred I was gay (point 2). If you are Ken's friend which I have no doubt you are, you are really not a good representive by calling people gay (point 3). I will allow you the last word. Have a nice life.
                            Apologize about the gay comment and really have beat this whole subject and day to hell. Have a good off season and believe it or not, we are on the same side here!

Comment

No I will just be a name dropper so not gonna bother, but if you want to send an email off of this board I would be glad to let you know where I get my info from which for the most part is pretty accurate. As far as most of what I post on here, its just an opinion. The people that know me on here mostly know me from my second business which is a pub in the Schdy area that many of the people I have met in the college hockey world frequent since we carry many of the games of the dish. No great inside info and nothing thats gonna feed the poor or create world peace but some very good people affiliated with RPI, Union and the local media who are just trying to do their jobs and yes we talk alot about college hockey. Especially since my Godson is from the area and playing for the Chicago Steel in the USHL and has decommited from Ohio State after their coach was fired.
                              If you want to provide info, that's cool, and I'd be happy to read it, along with a lot of other things on this forum. I just didn't like how you used "who you know" and your experiences with the coaches as your basis for why your opinions were dogma, or at least how I perceived your original posts in this debate. Have a good one, and all the best to your spring/summer business at your pub; I'm sure you'll make a killing this weekend.

Comment

Apologize about the gay comment and really have beat this whole subject and day to hell. Have a good off season and believe it or not, we are on the same side here!
                                Very big of you to do that. In light of this apology to my friend, I apologize for calling you an embarrassment.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X