X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    Im not a doctor and we are talking sports here. I would say its consistant in this context wouldn't you? Ask Ted Williams.
    Or Roger Hull. He thought baseball and hockey were the same sport too.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Tell me Jacob Laliberte and Matt Neal are dog****. Oh, I'm sorry, you don't even know who those names are yet, do you?
      I never heard of them.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha. AWWWWWW! poor Tom! You are a joke and just maybe I will keep attacking you like you do to every other poster on this board who you don't agree with.

Comment

Here's a switch of topics. Shouldn't the regular season count for more than it does now under the current ECAC playoff system? What I mean is that the regular season seems to be increasingly irrelevant when the lower tier team in the standings needs only to heat up at the end of the season and knock of the higher seeds whose entire season's body of work no longer matters. I'm not sure if I would be taking this position if Union was still the league bottom feeder, but does it really make sense for every team to be guaranteed a playoff spot? Even the NBA and the NHL knock out a few teams. I know the easy answer is, take care of business in the playoffs, but it's such a long regular season, shouldn't it count for more?

Comment

Or Roger Hull. He thought baseball and hockey were the same sport too.
            Your right again, being a doctor is a much closer comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Here's a switch of topics. Shouldn't the regular season count for more than it does now under the current ECAC playoff system? What I mean is that the regular season seems to be increasingly irrelevant when the lower tier team in the standings needs only to heat up at the end of the season and knock of the higher seeds whose entire season's body of work no longer matters. I'm not sure if I would be taking this position if Union was still the league bottom feeder, but does it really make sense for every team to be guaranteed a playoff spot? Even the NBA and the NHL knock out a few teams. I know the easy answer is, take care of business in the playoffs, but it's such a long regular season, shouldn't it count for more?

Absolutely. Wish they would go back to taking the top 8. Look at how poor the attendance is for this round at ALL locations. Its the right thing to do so there is no chance of Hagwell suggesting this change to the AD's.

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha. AWWWWWW! poor Tom! You are a joke and just maybe I will keep attacking you like you do to every other poster on this board who you don't agree with.
                I have never attacked a person who did not attack either me or someone who did nothing to deserve to be attacked first. Never. And there's no poor me here, unfortunately. I've simply always been willing to be the one to take the heat from the irrationals and the bedwetters. You are not the first. You will not be the last.

Please, John. Show us your true colors some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                  Personally, I have never been a fan of allowing all of the teams into the playoffs, in any league, in any sport.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I agree. He is definitely grewing but just did not have enough horses this year. One can't count on being awarded a penalty shot in overtime when killing a major penalty that often in a season.
                    Exactly-we were good but not deep. We could have been deep but we lost that before the season started. i am very disappointed we are not in the ECAC final four-I have my AC tickets. But I am still thankful for the season this team had and hopeful for next year.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Personally, I have never been a fan of allowing all of the teams into the playoffs, in any league, in any sport.
                      Yup!!
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

At this rate, this thread will be closed before we are mathematically eliminated form the NCAA tourney.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

At this rate, this thread will be closed before we are mathematically eliminated form the NCAA tourney.
                          Ralph's way of saying "RC, stop poking the rabid dog."

You got it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Exactly-we were good but not deep. We could have been deep but we lost that before the season started. i am very disappointed we are not in the ECAC final four-I have my AC tickets. But I am still thankful for the season this team had and hopeful for next year.
                            Are you still going?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph's way of saying "RC, stop poking the rabid dog."

You got it.
                              Well that will stop the problem, but I really don't care one way or the other. I am quite happy that we are not Cornell where everyone toes the party line. RPI has a varied fandom with the only commonality being that we want the 'Tute to win.

BTW, I received a card from SA today thanking me for my contribution to Let's Go Red!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Absolutely. Wish they would go back to taking the top 8. Look at how poor the attendance is for this round at ALL locations. Its the right thing to do so there is no chance of Hagwell suggesting this change to the AD's.
                                The decision that all teams make the playoffs was driven by the AD's and coaches of the league, and unanimously voted upon. The idea was to protect the top seeds in the league (those that get the bye) and to try to increase revenue for the league.
                                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Working...
                                X