X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    I'm done.
    Got that right. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of the same team as you, but every fan base has their little embarrassments, don't they?
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      No, you didn't. Nice try.
      Sorry didn't use EXACT same wording for you but as Tom stated "and I'm not just talking about johnk's expectation that we win the ECACs every year" is not what I was implying. I would say it would be pretty consistant if we could be a top 4 ECAC team 3 or 4 times a decade, wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        This one might work better, FlagDUDE.
        Well played. Although thank you for getting the oompa-loompa song stuck in my head.

Comment

Sorry didn't use EXACT same wording for you but as Tom stated "and I'm not just talking about johnk's expectation that we win the ECACs every year" is not what I was implying. I would say it would be pretty consistant if we could be a top 4 ECAC team 3 or 4 times a decade, wouldn't you?
          So, what you're saying is, you don't like it when other people exaggerate your position, is that what I'm understanding here?

Maybe you should just call me gay or something, then. I mean, isn't that what you do when you aren't "full of $hit and act like a complete *** on this board?"

Comment

I posted last week before the Colgate series that the team had seems past peak and was a bit uninspired. I think that I also commented on not having ever seen Appert as demonstrative as during the time out that he took at the end of the game against Princeton. All in all, I think that the end of the season has been a bit of a let down for all of us, but mostly for the team and coaches. I think that we all see where this program is going and just want more, and there is nothing wrong with that. Its what makes good teams and good programs great.

Here's where it all comes together for me - I grew up in Troy and have been going to games since the early '70s. I have personally known some of the coaches and players throughout the years. My son plays youth hockey and the players dedicate their time to come to practices. I have met Coach Appert a couple of times and personally know Col. Knowlton. I have played and coached youth hockey for almost 20 years, and can tell you with an absolute certainty that this program and these individuals are what I would want my boys to be associated with. My oldest is in the process for admission to RPI and I have never been happier in my life than thinking about him being admitted and earning his degree from here. My youngest sees this team and these coaches and members of the athletic department and looks at them as people he is excited to be around, and less about wins and losses. He even told Appert that he some day dreams of playing for him and on this team (when he was 14).

So, we can hold our heads because we didnt get what we wanted (AC and an NCAA berth), and we can complain about the "what ifs" with D'Amigo, Pirri, and the refs (who really are horrible), OR we can recongize the gem that we have with this AD, Coach, and these Players. These are some truly special people here. I agree with whoever else said it - you just want wins, then follow Cornell or dream of having people like Harry Z as your teammate. Not going to happen here. I'll take what we have been blessed with and what is being built. I was not fortunate enough to go to RPI, but I can tell you that I am honestly happy for and proud of these kids and this program - and as said before, would die to have my kids associated with the school and the people in this program. A great thing is being built. Count on it.

Comment

Got that right. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of the same team as you, but every fan base has their little embarrassments, don't they?
              Yea usually like posters that use two different names and then claim they are not one of them. Thats an embarrassment! Isn't it message board hero?

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                Colgate: no question. SLU: people could argue both ways (except for that new scoreboard!). Clarkson: have you been to Cheel?
                Cheel has beer and their student union attached. SLU is like visiting a blast from the past. I'd say between the improved lighting and the scoreboard (minus the stupid "Pump Up the Volume" animation) and the behind the scenes updates to the lockeroom and training areas that RPI is definitely better than any of those 3. Additionally I think that Appert's office is now up next to Shirley's throne area so when he interviews a recruit on campus they can look down and see the arena, nice subtle touch for trying to convince them to come here.

And yes I have been to Cheel and Appleton.

Comment

4 out of 10 is consistent? If you're a doctor, I hope I don't get stuck in an ER with you operating on me.

Comment

4 out of 10 is consistent? If you're a doctor, I hope I don't get stuck in an ER with you operating on me.
                    4 out of 10 a decade for 5 decades is consistent
                    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Maybe you should just call me gay or something, then.
                      You are.....something.
                      Originally posted by moe24
                      Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Yea usually like posters that use two different names and then claim they are not one of them. Thats an embarrassment! Isn't it message board hero?
                        That's it, keep attacking me when you have nowhere else to turn. Please, continue. I want everyone to see the real you.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                          I posted last week before the Colgate series that the team had seems past peak and was a bit uninspired. I think that I also commented on not having ever seen Appert as demonstrative as during the time out that he took at the end of the game against Princeton. All in all, I think that the end of the season has been a bit of a let down for all of us, but mostly for the team and coaches. I think that we all see where this program is going and just want more, and there is nothing wrong with that. Its what makes good teams and good programs great.

Here's where it all comes together for me - I grew up in Troy and have been going to games since the early '70s. I have personally known some of the coaches and players throughout the years. My son plays youth hockey and the players dedicate their time to come to practices. I have met Coach Appert a couple of times and personally know Col. Knowlton. I have played and coached youth hockey for almost 20 years, and can tell you with an absolute certainty that this program and these individuals are what I would want my boys to be associated with. My oldest is in the process for admission to RPI and I have never been happier in my life than thinking about him being admitted and earning his degree from here. My youngest sees this team and these coaches and members of the athletic department and looks at them as people he is excited to be around, and less about wins and losses. He even told Appert that he some day dreams of playing for him and on this team (when he was 14).

So, we can hold our heads because we didnt get what we wanted (AC and an NCAA berth), and we can complain about the "what ifs" with D'Amigo, Pirri, and the refs (who really are horrible), OR we can recongize the gem that we have with this AD, Coach, and these Players. These are some truly special people here. I agree with whoever else said it - you just want wins, then follow Cornell or dream of having people like Harry Z as your teammate. Not going to happen here. I'll take what we have been blessed with and what is being built. I was not fortunate enough to go to RPI, but I can tell you that I am honestly happy for and proud of these kids and this program - and as said before, would die to have my kids associated with the school and the people in this program. A great thing is being built. Count on it.
                          Tremendous, tremendous analysis, Senna. Rooted in logic and based on pertinent observations. We are on the right track and these temporary setbacks try our faith. Some have lost theirs, but I am glad to stand with anyone who can see the positives that go with the bad times that every team is forced to contend with from time to time.

Comment

The guy in Schenectady had a very shaky start in playoff series, though with a much lower level of talent than is there or in Troy now. As a matter of fact IIRC, I think Union has only won two postseason series to this date. The point I'm trying to make is that Leaman was young, learned and grew. I think Appert is likely to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              The guy in Schenectady had a very shaky start in playoff series, though with a much lower level of talent than is there or in Troy now. As a matter of fact IIRC, I think Union has only won two postseason series to this date. The point I'm trying to make is that Leaman was young, learned and grew. I think Appert is likely to do the same.
                              I agree. He is definitely grewing but just did not have enough horses this year. One can't count on being awarded a penalty shot in overtime when killing a major penalty that often in a season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Im not a doctor and we are talking sports here. I would say its consistant in this context wouldn't you? Ask Ted Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X