X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
    This Program is light years from where it was 4 years ago Im not sure everyone fully appreciates what SA has done here so far it goes beyond Wins and Losses.Under his tenure so far we became a 20 win team....Burst on to the National Scene....brought players to Troy we never thought possible since Adessa left.....The Field House has become one of the nicest venues in the ECAC and all of college hockey and on and on and on.This has not been a rebuild this has been a Sea Change.SA has delivered on everything he promised thru hard work and determination albeit a work in progress JOB WELL DONE !
    SA has changed the total tone of the place. To do what was done in light of early departures this summer is an accomplishment. This team overachieved on many levels, their effort level all year was excellent. They laid a couple of eggs but after all they are kids. I’m sure some of the alumni are complaining today but I can’t imagine where this program would be without SA. We can be proud of this storied program again and much of it is owed to Coach.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Wow, no trolls yet on here. I'm surprised. Then again, I haven't checked my e-mail at home, so I wouldn't know what butthurt is going on at RPISPORT-L (whatever the definition of "butthurt" is). I apologize in advance if one shows up now that I've said this.

Comment

I do hope next year for a few things. 1- Another great out of conference showing. 2- A bye... if we just had gotten one more points any of the games how much different things would of been. Playing that 1st week in a tough top to bottom league as you can see by the 10,11, and 12th seeds advancing. 3- Less injuries, it seemed like the whole team got hurt at some point. 4- York for Hobey baker and ecac goalie of the year. 5. Last but not least a trip to AC. Its been so long since I saw an RPI team in the final 4 in LP.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        They have six days before they can even remotely think about any chance of playing more games. I would think a couple days of rest after playing 3 consecutive games is perfectly acceptable. This was a long hard season with lots of injuries (concussions, leg injuries, lacerations etc). I know SA pushes them hard but i suspect he will give them a little R and R for a couple days.
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Hello again RPI fans.
          I am a bit new to these boards. So, I want to offer an apology for whatever was in my prior post about the possibility of you guys making the NCAA field, that caused someone to neg rep me.
          I wasn't intending any insult.
          If it simply that a Gopher fan posted here, I am sorry for that as well.
          Good day...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Is anyone in position to find out if the team is still holding practices? With the very outside chance of making the NCAA tourney, I would think that they would have to.
            I recall, last football season, reading a discussion about the importance of an FBS team getting into a bowl game. The conclusion was that it doesn’t matter whether it’s the American Standard Toilet Bowl, to be played in East Podunk, before an audience numbering in the dozens - any FBS coach would infinitely rather have his team play in that bowl game than in no bowl game at all.

This is not because the coach particularly cares about the prospect of being able to take the Thomas Crapper Memorial Trophy home to put in the school’s trophy case. It is because there is an NCAA rule that says, once a team is eliminated from bowl consideration, they are forbidden from holding any more practices after their last game. But if they get a bid, the coach can keep them practicing right up until bowl game day -which gives his team a jump on preparations for the next season.

I don't know what the NCAA rule is for hockey. Do they allow all teams to keep practicing until the NCAA tournament field is announced, even if they have no realistic chance of being selected? Or are they only allowed to keep practicing if they can demonstrate, as someone has apparently done for RPI, that there exists a scenario under which the team might possibly achieve a PWR that would qualify for the NCAA tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
              Hello again RPI fans.
              I am a bit new to these boards. So, I want to offer an apology for whatever was in my prior post about the possibility of you guys making the NCAA field, that caused someone to neg rep me.
              Good day...
              Don't worry. There is a certain RPI poster who likes to play judge & jury...and do so anonymously with the neg rep comments...I should have one in about T-minus 10 seconds...

At first, you kind of get bent out of shape....and then you just ignore...kind of like the guy at the gym who grunts a little too loudly when he's on the bench. Keep freely posting here and on whatever threads you choose - it's what makes USCHO great. This isn't Libya!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                Good season that ended too soon, I hold out hope a NC$$ bid comes our way but in all reality doesnt look like it will. 4 years ago we were down in the dumps and a great group of boys came in and started building something. They leave 4 years later as men that on and off the ice contributed to what makes me proud to say Im an RPI fan. Sure we will all miss the scoring output of Chase but we also cant forget about the gritty Halpern or Brutlag who played with a jump every single shift. What will next year bring? Hopefully another step forward and progress on what has been started. National rankings are great and all but what I will remember most about this season is that once again RPI was a place to be on friday and saturday nights.

And with that I say farewell for another season, thanks for putting up with my nonsense all year. Enjoy the summer get out and golf or swim or boat or whatever you do, but just enjoy it.
                Now fish I hope that doesn't mean your not going to post untill next year....if thats the case I have one word.....BEDWETTER !!!!!
                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                  Hello again RPI fans.
                  Good day...
                  First of all your always welcome here......A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....We are serious about our RPI Hockey but much of what we do on this board is in jest....its not for the faint of heart when someone needs to be called out they will be...in fact even if they don't need to they will be...its what we do...so thicken your skin up and jump in any time you would like.
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i would expect this thread to be kept open until we are officially eliminated from further action this year. I still hold out feint hope that we cn move up in the PWR enough to get the last bid-but i am greatly appreciative of the success that his team had in reaching 20 wins and beating many of the teams above them in the PWR ratings. Beating BU, Union, Yale and dartmouth twice-all higher ranked teams in PWR shows what this team could do on any given night. And this was done after losing arguably two of our top scorers who were fully expected to return. This was a great group of kids to follow and i will miss the group of seniors leaving.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                      And with that I say farewell for another season
                      No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ut-rpi-hockey/

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          The problem next year might be that we won't have nearly as much scoring from seniors as we did this year. That isn't to say that the Class of '12 won't contribute in other manners.
                          Well, Union has done pretty well in freshmen scoring... no reason to believe that JL and Neal can't/won't follow the Jooris, Carr, Calof model for ECAC scoring as freshmen. Especially having Tinordi, Malchuk and Lee avail to to make room for them on the ice...Add in what Higgs and Bailen were able to do in their inaugural RPI campaigns...and that ain't too shabby.

I was immensely impressed with the play of our freshmen this year. I think our defense will very likely be better next year than this year. I thought Leboeuf and Dolan played very well in this series..

Congrats to our seniors for their outstanding leadership and determination over the past 4 years. You will be missed.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            I may get flamed for saying this, but isn't this the third time in 4 years that RPI has failed to get out of the first round of the playoffs? I have a tremendous amount of respect for Seth Appert particularly as a recruiter of great talent, but doesn't he bear some scrutiny in this regard? I know the players play the game, but was this weekend's effort up to expectations and if not, doesn't the coach bear some significant degree of responsibility? Also, I really am puzzled about the dropoff in attendance during the playoffs. I know the weather was a factor last night, and in fact it kept me from driving over, but what other factor is at work here? Also as far as Chase Polacek, he is one of the best talents I've seen in the ECAC in the past decade or so. I will miss him (sort of).
                            Last edited by Wholin1; 03-07-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              I may get flamed for saying this, but isn't this the third time in 4 years that RPI has failed to get out of the first round of the playoffs? I have a tremendous amount of respect for Seth Appert particularly as a recruiter of great talent, but doesn't he bear some scrutiny in this regard? I know the players play the game, but was this weekend's effort up to expectations and if not, doesn't the coach bear some significant degree of responsibility? Also, I really am puzzled about the dropoff in attendance during the playoffs. I know the weather was a factor last night, and in fact it kept me from driving over, but what other factor is at work here? Also as far as Chase Polacek, he is one of the best talents I've seen in the ECAC in the past decade or so. I will miss him (sort of).
                              I was thinking the same thing regarding Appert and having two first round exits, at home, in two years. I'm willing to wait one more season before I start thinking Appert might not have it come playoff time. Baby steps...baby steps...this was his first year with all of his own players (I think) and really had a ton to persevere through.

These forwards coming in (as well as some solid D) will have this recruiting class within the top 5 of the country and two, maybe three of them, will most likely be very turn-key and adapt relatively well to the NCAA fairly quickly.

I know we're losin' a ton this year, but I think we'll be givin' teams fits next year. Good luck against 'Gate, Wholin...you're gonna need it...they're turning it on late.

Comment

Colgate, despite its many losses, was a team few coaches wanted to play. They've got talent and have been coming on of late, sweeping Harvard and Dartmouth two weeks ago and tying Yale in New Haven last week. Eleven of their losses this year have come by one goal. (from Gaz blog)
                                RPI lost to a good team Union better be careful

Comment

Working...
                                X