X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

I blame the tan suit. Of all days to wear it, he picked yesterday

Seriously though, it is now put up or shut up time. Last night dropped up down to the bubble in PWR, so it's win or go home.

I Believe In Seth Appert.
    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post

Seriously though, it is now put up or shut up time. Last night dropped up down to the bubble in PWR, so it's win or go home.

When he appeared in the tan suit I knew our chances were slim. Someone who knows his wife tell her to burn the suit. Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post

According to Priceless quoted below, lose tonight and you guys are done, I prefer to see you win, so good luck tonight.

"With a win, the Engineers keep their NCAA hopes alive; a loss drops them to 17th and ends their season"
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Win or Lose tonight ... Our fearless leader (Seth Appert) is always a winner.
          http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/...f129680680.txt
          Last edited by AspyDad; 03-06-2011, 03:15 PM.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

From Jason Klump's twitter page

"Paul Stewart came down from Potsdam for the game here (Troy) tonight. Saw him outside locker room and gave him a nod. He turned in disgust."
            Last edited by AspyDad; 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              From Jason Klump's twitter page

"Paul Stewart came down from Potsdam for the game here (Troy) tonight. Saw him outside locker room and gave him a nod. He turned in disgust."
              Im surprised he could make 2 games w/the large financial burden he sustained w/the fine he got from our fearless commissioner....Im sure our resident contrarian B12 is not surprised.(now he can save a post)
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

two thumbs way up!!!
                Here we come!

Comment

Tough to see anyone lose this game tonight. Three OT games in one season with a 2-1 score is pretty amazing. Good luck to the seniors and thanks for some exciting hockey.
                  Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 03-06-2011, 10:44 PM.
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

You guys had a good team this year and I wish you were still playing. Gotta hand it to Colgate, but I thought RPI would be in Atlantic City.

Comment

I decided that I wouldn't start an offseason thread this season until the NCAA tounrey is announced even though we are apparently out. Suggestions for titles are accepted.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Gopher fan here,
                        I thought I would see a bunch of number crunching, Ralph. (By the way, the greatest thread of all time has to be the original one about the Championship Belt.)
                        I want to report that I, by chance, found a way to get you guys in.

You need:
                        WHCA - All higher seeded teams win all the way through - Final 5 included
                        CCHA - All higher seeded teams win, except Ferris wins 2 of 3 from Western - higher seeds win at the Joe
                        AHA - All higher seeds win all the way through - final 4 included
                        ECAC - Higher seeds win, except Harvard beats Dartmouth 2 of 3. Then, higher seeds win in the final 4.
                        HE - BC and UNH sweep, Merrimack wins in 3, and Northeastern beats BU in 3. Then, if BC wins the tourney, regardless of who wins the Merri/UNH semi.

Put this into John Whelan's program, and you guys get #15.

See you.
                        Last edited by Numbers; 03-07-2011, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Got back late yesterday and then could not get into the board to post. Would have only been on for the last part of the first overtime and the beginning of the second anyway. Tough way to lose but not totally unexpected after the way we played the past 3 weekends or even a bit longer. Defense gave up that one extra goal every so often that we avoided earlier in the season. An occassional misplay by York (although not many-but when your offens doesn't score much you cannot aafford these either), and an offense that seemed to only score when Chase or Tyler got us going. Just ot enough weapons to keep us going over the long ECAC season. We never really put enough offensive and scoring on the board to go with an adequate and sometimes stellar defense. Problem was when the defense wasn't absolutely stellar, our offense could only rarely steal us a game. You don't win many games scoring only 1 or 2 goals. Congrats to Colgate who played exactly the game they had to. They won their two games without any question. We have a very slim cahnce of playing in the NCAA but after the past few weekends i am not so sure we deserve to. Another long off season-and hopes that we have the firepower in the entering class to go further next year. Just an old time fan's 2ยข
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Tough loss for you guys. I really did want to see RPI reach Atlantic City - not just to stick it to the ECAC brass, but it would have made for some great hockey and probably brought RPI back into the NCAA tournament.

You guys had a great season. Here's hoping it continues next year!
                            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Good season from the guys. I thought they played hard all season. Overachieved at times. I think this freshman class played well and we have a lot to look forward to in the future. Pat Koudys is a stud whose play I was impressed with all season especially in light of his youth. One reason that we played so well during points of the season is that D was much better this year. With guys like Pat, Luke, Bergin and Bailen to anchor, we will be solid back there for years to come. Rogic, Tinordi are going to be good college players. Secondary scoring remains issue. Freshman forwards will have to contribute right away.
                              Last edited by AspyDad; 03-07-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                Good season from the guys. I thought they played hard all season. Overachieved at times. I think this freshman class played well and we have a lot to look forward to in the future. Pat Koudys is a stud whose play I was impressed with all season especially in light of his youth. One reason that we played so well during points of the season is that D was much better this year. With guys like Pat, Luke, Bergin and Bailen to anchor, we will be solid back there for years to come. Rogic, Tinordi are going to be good college players. Secondary scoring remains issue. Freshman forwards will have to contribute right away.
                                The problem next year might be that we won't have nearly as much scoring from seniors as we did this year. That isn't to say that the Class of '12 won't contribute in other manners.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X