This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Cornell is the next to last TUC now. Should we root for Airforce, Robert Morris, Bemidji, and Northern Michigan tonight?
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      The handshake with Cornell incident was a result of I believe Erik Burgdoerfer slamming the a Cornell player into the boards with less than 5 seconds to play. This caused Cornell to crowd around the injured player and skate off without handshakes. I believe a suspension was issued to Burgdoerfer after this.
      Yea, and not only did the player play the next weekend, he also scored a goal. Oh well, it's in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
        Cornell is the next to last TUC now. Should we root for Airforce, Robert Morris, Bemidji, and Northern Michigan tonight?
        Anything that will push Cornell off the TUC cliff will help. If we win either today or tomorrow, we will have to deal the final blow, though.

EDIT: Looking at siouxsports.com, though, Cornell has quite a ways to go to be pushed off the TUC cliff. They'll have to lose their quarterfinal series; I'm not sure if 2 games will be necessary, or if it can be done in 3.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-05-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          Each team had its 5 on 3 chances, plenty of power plays and some questionable (by other peoples standards) calls both ways...so in a nutshell, the usual ECAC officiating crew.
          Translation: Terrible...like usual

When players are selling dives, these guys are at the front of the line.

Comment

You guys blew us out of the water early last night. Wish we could have given you a more competitive game

Tonight it's "Katy Bar the Door" for 'Gate; we have to let it all hang out and have hope. Engineers are showing what got them national ratings and played a great first period. Think the no-doze had not worn off 'Gate from the bus ride to Troy. Here's hoping we can give you a game tonight.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
              You guys blew us out of the water early last night. Wish we could have given you a more competitive game

Tonight it's "Katy Bar the Door" for 'Gate; we have to let it all hang out and have hope. Engineers are showing what got them national ratings and played a great first period. Think the no-doze had not worn off 'Gate from the bus ride to Troy. Here's hoping we can give you a game tonight.
              ...I think you gave us one hell of a game/scare last night, 'skate. Lookin' forward to another barn-burner tonight...with the Cherry and White coming out on top of course .

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Anything that will push Cornell off the TUC cliff will help. If we win either today or tomorrow, we will have to deal the final blow, though.

EDIT: Looking at siouxsports.com, though, Cornell has quite a ways to go to be pushed off the TUC cliff. They'll have to lose their quarterfinal series; I'm not sure if 2 games will be necessary, or if it can be done in 3.
                I assume that the teams he listed are the ones right below the cliff. Their results, outside of effects on CU due to being an opponent or opponent of an opponent, have no impact on whether CU remains a TUC. Cornell's status as a TUC depends only on how its opponents (and their opponents) fare and how we do against them. Interestingly, even if we knock them out as a TUC, they could theoretically come back in due to results during conference championship weekend. Indeed, the fact that CU has fewer nonconf opponents means that those opponents' results will have an effect of greater magnitude than, say, RPI's nonconf opponents has on RPI's RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post

Im looking forward to the game tonite...2 good,well matched teams 1 with their backs to the wall,and some left over bad feelings just the way Hockey should be...Its going to be Men Only tonite.Lets hope the refs. get it right which they won't Im sure...'Gate....Good Luck...Good Hockey
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by olmerd View Post
                    Translation: Terrible...like usual

When players are selling dives, these guys are at the front of the line.
                    The operative word for last nights officiating was as usual Embarassing.The Refs last night were 2/5 of the worst the league has to offer so it wasn't surprising.Not to go into a blow by blow analysis but my 2 favorites were... 1)Tonordi put his shoulder into a guy and absolutly blew him up and was called for Elbowing(not even close)...2) There was about a 4 player scrap along the 1/4 boards digging for the puck and out of the clear blue sky Chase gets called for...Ready for this...Obstruction Tripping...Honest to God !!!...after the recent go around w/the director of officiating where he termed the officiating as "Excellent" just prior to going postal on the press corps I've come to the conclusion that it is a lost cause either Mr.Hagwell doesn't have the stomach to take the issue on head first or he is so busy being an apologist for PS he doesn't have the time to do it.Its a sad state of affairs that in large part the outcome of tonight's game just well might be determined by who ends up on the sh*tty end of the officiating stick......Sad !!!!
                    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                      1)Tonordi put his shoulder into a guy and absolutly blew him up and was called for Elbowing(not even close)
                      Tinordi hit him with the shoulder, but followed through with his elbow, and the angle that that ref had probably made it look like he used his elbow.
                      Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                      2) There was about a 4 player scrap along the 1/4 boards digging for the puck and out of the clear blue sky Chase gets called for...Ready for this...Obstruction Tripping
                      There was no 4-person scrum. The Colgate player had the puck against the boards and Chase puts his stick on the back of his skates and the Colgate player falls. Sure, it was a weak call, but, the refs called pretty much anything and everything last night.

PS Major props to RPI|TV for shrinking the broadcast while the penalty clocks take up the two sides and putting up the penalty calls while they are being announced. The broadcast looks absolutely outstanding.

I'm not saying that the reffing wasn't bad last night (it definitely wasn't fantastic), but i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and not just assume that they're going to be terrible tonight.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

on a side note, good luck to Albany Academy and Eric Cavosie, as they play Governors Academy in Salem, NH in game 1 for the New England Prep School Championship. By the way, Brian Day (Colgate) is an '07 grad of Governor.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          PS Major props to RPI|TV for shrinking the broadcast while the penalty clocks take up the two sides and putting up the penalty calls while they are being announced. The broadcast looks absolutely outstanding.
                          Ditto! Great job RPI/TV, the presentation just keeps getting better and better each game.

I also noticed some new light fixtures attached to the front of the catwalks on each side of the rink above the ice, anyone know what the purpose of these lights are?

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                            Ditto! Great job RPI/TV, the presentation just keeps getting better and better each game.

I also noticed some new light fixtures attached to the front of the catwalks on each side of the rink above the ice, anyone know what the purpose of these lights are?
                            I believe the lights you are referring to have been there most of the year. I was told that they work to help with the cameras.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Tinordi hit him with the shoulder, but followed through with his elbow, and the angle that that ref had probably made it look like he used his elbow.

There was no 4-person scrum. The Colgate player had the puck against the boards and Chase puts his stick on the back of his skates and the Colgate player falls. Sure, it was a weak call, but, the refs called pretty much anything and everything last night.

I'm not saying that the reffing wasn't bad last night (it definitely wasn't fantastic), but i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and not just assume that they're going to be terrible tonight.
                              Were you drinking last night or talking about a different game

Comment

Thanks! For the most part, we're just doing our broadcast as usual and it's up to the Video Board operator (who is a Field House employee, I believe) to manage the content that's actually going on to the Video Board.

Last night's broadcast is up:
                                http://www.rpitv.org/productions/374...colgate-game-1

Some genuinely beautiful goals; great to see Brock Higgs come alive on the top line.

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                                As far as I know they have yet to be used, but they should drastically increase the brightness of the playing surface. Better for cameras, for sure, but I'm worried the overall brightness might be too bright for spectators. Prior to the installation of the new overhead lighting this year, the Field House was well below NCAA minimum brightness. We're now above the minimum, but if I recall we're still a bit below the target brightness.
                                RPI Class of 2012
                                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Working...
                                X