X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/page/...vote-for-hobey
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

20 win season! Nice win tonight over Colgate. Let's get one more tomorrow and set our travel plans for next weekend.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        20 win season! Nice win tonight over Colgate. Let's get one more tomorrow and set our travel plans for next weekend.
        Let's win on Saturday and make some travel plans... premature up until now! The team played with determination tonight. Time for some more Engineer hockey.
        Here we come!

Comment

some hotels a short( 1-2 miles) out are cheaper...clarion is only like $89

Comment

btw..nice win...

Comment

Ed Weaver's article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                No mention of the animosity at the end of the game.
                There was no hand shake and I was wondering if that was because this was a series, abd they only shake hands at the conclusion of the series or if Colgate decided they did not want to shake hands.
                The engineers seemed to be loitering around center ice waiting for them as the left the ice.
                This will be a very tough game tonight. Colgate was not happy with us at the end of the game. There was some very hard hits from both sides, and Kennedy had some words with the Colgate bench as the horn sounded to end the game.
                Could be fireworks tonight.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Nice to be up with the first win of the series. Winning the last game of a series is always a battle. We will have to be at our best tonight early and of course avoid the penalty box. The officials this year have shown not the slightest hesitation to put teams down 2 men for long stretches. We will be facing a desperate Colgate team and need to make sure we do not give them a glimmer of hope early. The way we started yesterday-is the way we need to come out in every game. This time though, we cannot sit back and coast with the lead. The ECAC is too balanced and tough to take anything for granted. Let's Go Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Who proofreads these things? Virtually every time there are spelling mistakes and other inconsistencies. But the quotes from the players were nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      There was no hand shake and I was wondering if that was because this was a series, abd they only shake hands at the conclusion of the series or if Colgate decided they did not want to shake hands.
                      The engineers seemed to be loitering around center ice waiting for them as the left the ice.
                      This will be a very tough game tonight. Colgate was not happy with us at the end of the game. There was some very hard hits from both sides, and Kennedy had some words with the Colgate bench as the horn sounded to end the game.
                      Coach has said in the past that if it is a 2 game series or playoffs he usually talks with the other coach and they agree on handshakes after the series ends. The scuffle at the end of the game certainly sets up a interesting dynamic to tonights game. Tie that in with colgate having its back against the wall and this will be a tough tough game.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        Coach has said in the past that if it is a 2 game series or playoffs he usually talks with the other coach and they agree on handshakes after the series ends. The scuffle at the end of the game certainly sets up a interesting dynamic to tonights game. Tie that in with colgate having its back against the wall and this will be a tough tough game.
                        Thanks for the explanation. You are right about a tough tough game tonight.
                        Last night I saw some of the hardest hitting in a game that I have seen in years. And now the teams don't like each other.
                        Let the battle begin.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          They usually don't shake hands until the last game of the series is over. That's how it has been in previous years, and how it is in most other leagues. The only team that doesn't shake hands after 1 game affairs is Cornell (08-09).

Comment

How was the officiating ?
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              They usually don't shake hands until the last game of the series is over. That's how it has been in previous years, and how it is in most other leagues. The only team that doesn't shake hands after 1 game affairs is Cornell (08-09).
                              The handshake with Cornell incident was a result of I believe Erik Burgdoerfer slamming the a Cornell player into the boards with less than 5 seconds to play. This caused Cornell to crowd around the injured player and skate off without handshakes. I believe a suspension was issued to Burgdoerfer after this.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                How was the officiating ?
                                Each team had its 5 on 3 chances, plenty of power plays and some questionable (by other peoples standards) calls both ways...so in a nutshell, the usual ECAC officiating crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X