X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    However, you are absolutely correct in that there are at least four games we must win first.
    I prefer four but we can get there with as little as 2 more wins actually.

Comment

Come to think about it, DrD... I wouldn't be surprised if Colgate and Harvard were to put forth good efforts. I know they don't have much of an effect, but maybe they would be thinking, "Do we REALLY want to face *insert team here* in the first round?! Would it be better to face *insert another team here*?"
      I agree completely-wa just tossing out one of my thoughts for discussion. As i type this harvard is up on Brown 2-0 as Brown continues to play poorly.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        I prefer four but we can get there with as little as 2 more wins actually.
        How do you figure? If Rensselaer does not win a game this weekend, they cannot finish in the Top 4, and therefore cannot make it to AC with just two wins since they would have to play in the pre-quarters. It's possible (not likely, but still possible) that they can make the semis with only 3 wins, though.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          How do you figure? If Rensselaer does not win a game this weekend, they cannot finish in the Top 4, and therefore cannot make it to AC with just two wins since they would have to play in the pre-quarters. It's possible (not likely, but still possible) that they can make the semis with only 3 wins, though.
          If RPI gets two ties this weekend and either DC or Cornell loses both games, we get a bye and need only two wins. Unlikely, but possible.

Edit: Add Princeton loses to Union, so we don't have to worry about tiebreakers.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            If RPI gets two ties this weekend and either DC or Cornell loses both games, we get a bye and need only two wins. Unlikely, but possible.

Edit: Add Princeton loses to Union, so we don't have to worry about tiebreakers.
            You bested me at my own game, Ralph. Well done.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

One tie is all we need I think. We tie Princeton, Union beats them and DC loses both games while Cornell wins. I think that puts us 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                You bested me at my own game, Ralph. Well done.
                Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  HAAAAAAA....love it!!!! ***** hilarious...and true. Funniest thing I read all day.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

Comment

Just an FYI for RPI fans... women's captain Kendra Dunlop joins us on the podcast at about noon, we go on the air at 11:30 today.
                      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.
                        Well, at least it wasn't the Chuck Barris of the Board.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, at least it wasn't the Chuck Barris of the Board.
                          Don't give Red Cloud any more ideas of how to bash posts that are ignorant in nature...

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                            Just an FYI for RPI fans... women's captain Kendra Dunlop joins us on the podcast at about noon, we go on the air at 11:30 today.
                            On the chance we don't make the first round bye, is there a team you think we'd rather face in the first round, between Colgate, Harvard, SLU, and Brown (assuming Clarkson and QPac don't drop that far)?

Comment

On the chance we don't make the first round bye, is there a team you think we'd rather face in the first round, between Colgate, Harvard, SLU, and Brown (assuming Clarkson and QPac don't drop that far)?
                              I will play any of those teams as long as we don't have to play them on Friday night.
                              If we have to play on a Friday night, than I will take Brown.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                                I want to thank our internet provider for deciding to kill our connection here at the secret underwater lair without giving any advance notice at 10:30 for "maintenance," then lied to me over the phone when they said they'd have it back up in time for the podcast. It's still out. Looks like our window has closed and the podcast is canceled today.
                                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X