PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

DrDemento
03-05-2011, 03:07 PM
tonights officials; refs Graber/Kotyra.....linesmen Gates/Testa

Not too familiar with Graber. Kotyra has usually been very bad news for us. Just hoping they will call a game similar to last night. These two teams play a style that is hard to officiate-they hit each other hard-and often times i feel some of these refs call a penalty by the sound a hit makes. Sure there were some questionalble calls last night-and a few calls that were just ignored. But overall it was better than i expected and i din't really notice the officials as much as i had in some other games.

DrDemento
03-05-2011, 03:09 PM
1) ask Matt about that check.
2) I'm glad you can be so definitive about stuff from the student side when tb and I were sitting in sec. 9 and the play was right in front of us.

I thought both teams got hosed last night. Same old stuff. Remember B12 that we were sitting in HFH last night because Hicks scr**ed us out of that 1 point at Union. can we please stop defending the less than stellar performance of the zebras. Peace out!!!!

There were several places this year where we lost the one point we needed to get a bye. Most of these were our own fault. But I agree, some of the chances squandered were those that were taken away from us.

jericho
03-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Ditto! Great job RPI/TV, the presentation just keeps getting better and better each game.

I also noticed some new light fixtures attached to the front of the catwalks on each side of the rink above the ice, anyone know what the purpose of these lights are?

The new lights are designed to force the color guy....to actually have to fenagle a way to see the game. :D

P.S. I thought the reffing was above average for the ECAC last night. All of the calls were warranted, except for Polacek's tripping call. The ref saw what he saw and that was it. Admittedly, I didn't see Tinordi's hit (dam light ;)) to comment on it as much as I already did on the air last night.

GRussinko
03-05-2011, 03:14 PM
RHam - this has probably been discussed in the past but I can't remember. Are there any plans for the archived videos to integrate some kind of feature that would let you jump to the highlights (say the faceoff prior to each goal and penalty) for easy access to the exciting parts? Maybe a condensed box score below the video where the plays are links that jump the video to the right spot?

RHamilton
03-05-2011, 03:21 PM
RHam - this has probably been discussed in the past but I can't remember. Are there any plans for the archived videos to integrate some kind of feature that would let you jump to the highlights (say the faceoff prior to each goal and penalty) for easy access to the exciting parts? Maybe a condensed box score below the video where the plays are links that jump the video to the right spot?

It's on my wishlist; I believe it's still a ways down the line. Having an integrated box score with links in the video would be absolutely amazing.

burgie12
03-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks! For the most part, we're just doing our broadcast as usual and it's up to the Video Board operator (who is a Field House employee, I believe) to manage the content that's actually going on to the Video Board.
Alright, I take it all back! :D :D But seriously, your broadcast is fantastic and I'm glad that the HFH is slowly getting their feet under them for the Video Board.

1) ask Matt about that check.
He'd probably say the same thing that I did, that he hit him with his shoulder but flung his elbow up and that that's what the ref saw.

2) I'm glad you can be so definitive about stuff from the student side when tb and I were sitting in sec. 9 and the play was right in front of us.
How did you see what Chase's stick was doing through the boards? More importantly, when did you get X-Ray vision, and how can I get it for myself? I said that I didn't agree with the call, but with the way they were calling things last night, Chase put his stick on the player's skate and the guy fell. That's the way things get called sometimes.

I thought both teams got hosed last night. Same old stuff.
Yup.

Remember B12 that we were sitting in HFH last night because Hicks scr**ed us out of that 1 point at Union.
Who says that we wouldn't have lost that game anyways? What about the loss at Harvard? What about the loss against Clarkson when the team just straight up didn't show up? How about the loss to Colgate at home? We played ourselves into this corner, too.

can we please stop defending the less than stellar performance of the zebras. Peace out!!!!
I'm not a fan of the zebras, but I just try to drop my Red and White glasses sometimes. It's not going to be a penalty every single time that a Rensselaer player falls on his ***. Some people just have a hard time accepting that.

troyboy
03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Alright, I take it all back! :D :D But seriously, your broadcast is fantastic and I'm glad that the HFH is slowly getting their feet under them for the Video Board.

He'd probably say the same thing that I did, that he hit him with his shoulder but flung his elbow up and that that's what the ref saw.

How did you see what Chase's stick was doing through the boards? More importantly, when did you get X-Ray vision, and how can I get it for myself? I said that I didn't agree with the call, but with the way they were calling things last night, Chase put his stick on the player's skate and the guy fell. That's the way things get called sometimes.

Yup.

Who says that we wouldn't have lost that game anyways? What about the loss at Harvard? What about the loss against Clarkson when the team just straight up didn't show up? How about the loss to Colgate at home? We played ourselves into this corner, too.

I'm not a fan of the zebras, but I just try to drop my Red and White glasses sometimes. It's not going to be a penalty every single time that a Rensselaer player falls on his ***. Some people just have a hard time accepting that. Coming from an astute Hockey Observer like yourself that all means alot...

AspyDad
03-05-2011, 10:25 PM
More importantly, when did you get X-Ray vision, and how can I get it for myself?

I cannot bestow that on you because I believe that you would use it to look at girls inapproprately.

Jasma
03-06-2011, 10:02 AM
There was a little bigger crowd last night, but it didn't seem to matter. Colgate was just better 5 on 5 and they managed to stay out of the penalty box most of the night.

There is nothing else going on tonight so I hope that the house is rocking. The team needs the backing. The noise should start early and build throughout. If you want to win a fight against a team like Colgate you better bring friends. A big crowd could be the difference.

The guys look tired and need something to keep them working through every check and every battle for the puck. They won the first period of the series and seem to have lost the edge after that. Colgate has been better in three of the other five periods. Their goalie was outstanding last night and York was pretty good. sometimes that is all it takes.

I would like to see more of what we saw in the first 20 minutes on Friday; lots of hitting and lots of shots at the net. I have to believe that RPI will finally get one of their deflections to go in if they keep people in front of this guy. It seems everytime an RPI player tips the puck in front it hits the goalie or goes wide. One of those just has to go in the net eventually;I hope.

Let's Go Red!

burgie12
03-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I know that it's been posted recently, but this should be on this page, too: http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/

hawthr
03-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I blame the tan suit. Of all days to wear it, he picked yesterday :p

Seriously though, it is now put up or shut up time. Last night dropped up down to the bubble in PWR, so it's win or go home.

I Believe In Seth Appert.

IMO
03-06-2011, 11:59 AM

Seriously though, it is now put up or shut up time. Last night dropped up down to the bubble in PWR, so it's win or go home.

When he appeared in the tan suit I knew our chances were slim. Someone who knows his wife tell her to burn the suit. Go Red!

LTsatch
03-06-2011, 12:49 PM

According to Priceless quoted below, lose tonight and you guys are done, I prefer to see you win, so good luck tonight.

"With a win, the Engineers keep their NCAA hopes alive; a loss drops them to 17th and ends their season"

AspyDad
03-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Win or Lose tonight ... Our fearless leader (Seth Appert) is always a winner.
http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/03/06/sports/doc4d72fe677941f129680680.txt

AspyDad
03-06-2011, 04:14 PM
From Jason Klump's twitter page

"Paul Stewart came down from Potsdam for the game here (Troy) tonight. Saw him outside locker room and gave him a nod. He turned in disgust."

troyboy
03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
From Jason Klump's twitter page

"Paul Stewart came down from Potsdam for the game here (Troy) tonight. Saw him outside locker room and gave him a nod. He turned in disgust." Im surprised he could make 2 games w/the large financial burden he sustained w/the fine he got from our fearless commissioner....Im sure our resident contrarian B12 is not surprised.(now he can save a post)

fr joe
03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
two thumbs way up!!!

sk8tronthepond
03-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Tough to see anyone lose this game tonight. Three OT games in one season with a 2-1 score is pretty amazing. Good luck to the seniors and thanks for some exciting hockey.

TimU
03-06-2011, 11:53 PM
You guys had a good team this year and I wish you were still playing. Gotta hand it to Colgate, but I thought RPI would be in Atlantic City.

Ralph Baer
03-07-2011, 02:30 AM
I decided that I wouldn't start an offseason thread this season until the NCAA tounrey is announced even though we are apparently out. Suggestions for titles are accepted.