X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by realet View Post
    The eighth edition of Engineer Bracketology is up and today, it's time to get into one of the age-old questions of the PWR: should you throw a series with a weak team if you've got a decent TUC record? For the Engineers, that answer is... no, but yes. But no. Check it out.
    Thanks.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak
      Why don't you put the Colgate band in the parking lot?
      Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      I am intrigued by your ideas and I have forwarded them on to the powers that be for consideration.
      Might as well give the people what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
        The eighth edition of Engineer Bracketology is up and today, it's time to get into one of the age-old questions of the PWR: should you throw a series with a weak team if you've got a decent TUC record? For the Engineers, that answer is... no, but yes. But no. Check it out.
        Thanks for the explanation-earlier in the thread I had posed the question of whether it might be better for us to lose to Colgate than to move on and lose to Cornell. I wasn't at all sure how the scenario would work out but it at least shows i have been paying attention. I just thought we needed to win 4 more games to make the NCAA tournament. Winning 3 or 2 is not good. Winning 1 may be better than winning 2 or 3. What a weird situation.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Thanks for the explanation-earlier in the thread I had posed the question of whether it might be better for us to lose to Colgate than to move on and lose to Cornell. I wasn't at all sure how the scenario would work out but it at least shows i have been paying attention. I just thought we needed to win 4 more games to make the NCAA tournament. Winning 3 or 2 is not good. Winning 1 may be better than winning 2 or 3. What a weird situation.
          I know what our recent record looks like, but if we get healthy, we can beat both Colgate and Cornell. After that , anything goes. If we can' beat either Colgate or Cornell, I don't know that we deserve to go to the NCAAs.
          So lets play to our potential and go there on our talent.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
            Crossposting this here from the weekend thread:

A heads up for all attending this weekend - when I called HFH to order an extra pair of tickets for Saturday's game, I was notified by the box office staff that they are considering shifting Saturday and Sunday's games to 4pm. They indicated they should know by tomorrow as they are waiting for the ECAC to give a yea or nay.
            Per Kevin Beattie's twitter: "No truth to the rumor that men's hockey games will start early this weekend. Game times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (if nec.) are 7pm."

Comment

Koudys was selected 90th in this mock draft http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=873125. (He was 97th here http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=864601)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                They left because of the money that was offered, and it might not have been available in the future..
                Ralph, I believe that J left because he thought he had a chance at the NHL. Pirri left because Jerry did. A lot of pressure from a family member. "If Jerry is good enough for the NHL then you are too" Really stupid
                That was the rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  If I were not an RPI fan, I may want to stay in Section 11. No overly rowdy fans that could hurt me, and close to the door so I could make a quick escape after the final horn and get out of Troy ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: This post is not a threat of anything that will happen, nor does this poster condone bringing physical harm to someone due to enjoyment of a brand.
                  Now Now FDUDE we all know you like Troy !!!!!!!!! In fact we consider you an honorary Troylet.
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Rolevio-if you can-take a look at the ECAC stats for the past 10 years (or more if you can find them). The top 4 ECAC teams are almost always the 4 giving up the fewest goals-with a few exceptions of course. Union this year is a powerful defensive team. Of course they also have been scoring lots of goals (mostly OOC though). They have ridden a very good defense to the top of the league and may go a lot further this year with it. Add to that a monster power play and you have the makings of a Cleary Cup and more.
                    They are one of the least penalized teams too...Union is not a one dimensional team. Their freshman forwards have scored somwhere in the vicinity of 40 goals...That said, this is my last pro-Union post...
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I know what our recent record looks like, but if we get healthy, we can beat both Colgate and Cornell. After that , anything goes. If we can' beat either Colgate or Cornell, I don't know that we deserve to go to the NCAAs.
                      So lets play to our potential and go there on our talent.
                      Forget the fact that up to now, the PairWise Rankings have always been 100% reliable in predicting which teams get at-large berths to the tournament. Forget the fact that Colgate, in their two outings against RPI, gave every indication that they are considerably better than your average last-place team.

If RPI were named to the NCAA tournament after finishing the regular season on a 1-4-1 slide and then losing a first-round ECAC playoff series to a 12th-place team, the NCAA hockey tournament selection committee would be the laughingstock of the entire sports world.

I second EHF's motion that our guys should play to their potential and get there on talent.

Comment

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/page/...vote-for-hobey
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

They are keeping those votes open for a long time this year.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Love the latest bracketology lineup for Manchester: BC/RPI and Union/UNH. Pretty unlikely things stay this way but I can think of no better way to end the year than seeing the CD teams knock out the top two* HE squads. Could really see this happen since BC would be looking right past us and UNH always collapses in March. It is a dream I have...

* Based on HE fans from the big schools, anyone who has seen them play with their full squad might argue Merrimack is as good as anyone this year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                                Love the latest bracketology lineup for Manchester: BC/RPI and Union/UNH. Pretty unlikely things stay this way but I can think of no better way to end the year than seeing the CD teams knock out the top two* HE squads. Could really see this happen since BC would be looking right past us and UNH always collapses in March. It is a dream I have...

* Based on HE fans from the big schools, anyone who has seen them play with their full squad might argue Merrimack is as good as anyone this year
                                I will have a hard time rooting for Union except for when it helps RPI.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X