PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

hockeyenthusiast
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the info.

FlagDUDE08
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the info.

You carpooling with Ralph? :D

AspyDad
02-28-2011, 02:59 PM
That is the norm in every league.....just check out the team in first place (league games) and they have the least amount of goals against of any other team.
You are a genius

sk8tronthepond
02-28-2011, 03:47 PM
You are a genius

Thank you. Coming from you with the press you get, I'll consider it a compliment.

Ralph Baer
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
You carpooling with Ralph? :D

I'd bring bad luck. ;) Also, bicycling season is starting.

GRussinko
02-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Crossposting this here from the weekend thread:

A heads up for all attending this weekend - when I called HFH to order an extra pair of tickets for Saturday's game, I was notified by the box office staff that they are considering shifting Saturday and Sunday's games to 4pm. They indicated they should know by tomorrow as they are waiting for the ECAC to give a yea or nay.

rvd5star69
02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
I would like to see Chase and Tyler back on the same line. The power play unit tweaked up somehow. Along with more shots on goal. We have the same play where we skate in and try to go behind the net. Generally losing the puck most times.

ajt6954
02-28-2011, 07:21 PM
I believe it was speculated on here that he is playing through an illness.

...heard from a very reliable source that it is indeed the flu. unfortunately, that sort of thing can make it's way around the team fairly quickly...I wonder if that could explain some of the lackluster play of late?

DrDemento
02-28-2011, 08:50 PM
...heard from a very reliable source that it is indeed the flu. unfortunately, that sort of thing can make it's way around the team fairly quickly...I wonder if that could explain some of the lackluster play of late?

Perhaps next year the team should all get the flu shot in September?

troyboy
02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
It is interesting that in Sunday's TU, there were a couple of articles on Union, and in one of them Lehman said that one of the goals of the team at the beginning of the season was to score a minimum of 3 goals per game. Presumably that is because he knew that he could ride his goalie the way we have ours, and that the vast majority of games that they would give up 2 or less. Absolutely the same for us. I think that it has been the good Dr., WS and I that have said we need another goal a game becasue we are giving up so few. Remains true to now. If we scored 4 a game, everything else (refs, goals against, etc) goes away and we have reached the promised land. Unfortunately, we are giving up 40+ shots in to many games and just not consistently scoring 4. We are not going to win 2-1 games giving up that many shots on net. As mentioned in my prior post, this combination of shots against and the seeming lack of intensity and sense of urgency in scoring and appearance that we just dont "want it" right now needs to be resolved inside the team. Im hoping that the boys can bring a real strong first game and effort against Colgate and net 4 or more to turn the tide a bit as these things have a way of building on themselves. We need the attitude and swagger back and great things can happen. So not to digress but I was again enlightened by an old hockey sage in a conversation regarding the loss of JDA and BP and I believe its not going out on a limb to say they combined would have figured in 1 goal a game whether scoring or assisting thats to say under all circunstances...if we scored 10 w/them we would have scored 11 and likewise if we scored 3 it would have been 4 if that be the case and I belive it is there's our 1 goal and things would be alot different.I only bring this up to point out that if my hypothesis is correct and I belive it is modest at best the loss of those players was even more critical than we would like to think.So I make the point that this team has overachieved more than we give them credit for and should be over the moon no matter where we end up because we were dealt a shi**y hand and made the most out of it.The team and coaching staff should be very proud of this season I know I'am Not crying just saying !

Beman
02-28-2011, 11:27 PM
So not to digress but I was again enlightened by an old hockey sage in a conversation regarding the loss of JDA and BP and I believe its no

Why did jda bp leave? They weren't ready for greener pastures. That's a given! Who was the "old sage" you spoke with Trevor Kaye.

Ralph Baer
02-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Why did jda bp leave? They weren't ready for greener pastures. That's a given! Who was the "old sage" you spoke with Trevor Kaye.

They left because of the money that was offered, and it might not have been available in the future..

Ralph Baer
03-01-2011, 07:01 AM
This has nothing to do with hockey, but it has to do with RPI, and I thought that there might be others that are impacted by it. I often use an address on alum.edu to forward email to me. It seemed like a good idea at one time. The problem is that it used to forward everything, but now it tags some messages as spam and they just disappear. I have checked the "Turn Off Junk Mail Filtering" box, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I know of about a dozen messages that have disappeared recently, most of which are in German which the filter mustn't like.

sshablak
03-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Why don't you put the Colgate band in the parking lot ? Shows alot of class by the school putting them behind the goal in the worst seats in the rink. The place will probably only be a little better than half full also.

DrDemento
03-01-2011, 07:38 AM
This has nothing to do with hockey, but it has to do with RPI, and I thought that there might be others that are impacted by it. I often use an address on alum.edu to forward email to me. It seemed like a good idea at one time. The problem is that it used to forward everything, but now it tags some messages as spam and they just disappear. I have checked the "Turn Off Junk Mail Filtering" box, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I know of about a dozen messages that have disappeared recently, most of which are in German which the filter mustn't like.

I have used the an address there also-I have stoped a while ago because the few messages I do get sent there are likewise not getting forwarded to me. Most are short messages and the filter for some reason thinks all short messages are spam. I no longer use the system.

Red Cloud
03-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Why don't you put the Colgate band in the parking lot ?

I am intrigued by your ideas and I have forwarded them on to the powers that be for consideration.

fishcore12
03-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Why don't you put the Colgate band in the parking lot ? Shows alot of class by the school putting them behind the goal in the worst seats in the rink. The place will probably only be a little better than half full also.

If you noticed, our band is also in the same situation as any visiting band so I wouldnt get too upset with placement of the bands.

engineerhockeyfan
03-01-2011, 08:21 AM

True, the seats are not the best, but they are about the same for both bands.
I sat a few rows from the Colgate band at the last game at HFH and they seemed to be having a great time. Expecially when our band played The Time Warp. Their interaction with the RPI band made the experience at the game even better than usual. Too bad RPI lost.

FlagDUDE08
03-01-2011, 08:31 AM

They (along with other visiting bands) have been there for the longest time, and you've just noticed?!

Ralph Baer
03-01-2011, 08:32 AM
I am intrigued by your ideas and I have forwarded them on to the powers that be for consideration.

I think that the 'Tute makes too much money from parking to use space in that manner. :p