X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    He has played I believe 4 or 5 games his entire collegiate career. I don't think it's injury so much as his game hasn't been up to the standard that Coach is looking for night after night to grant him one of those 18 skater spots. His father was PO'd on RPISPORT because of this turn of events for senior night.
    Thanks. I appreciate the info.
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

He has played I believe 4 or 5 games his entire collegiate career. I don't think it's injury so much as his game hasn't been up to the standard that Coach is looking for night after night to grant him one of those 18 skater spots. His father was PO'd on RPISPORT because of this turn of events for senior night.
      I thnk that is his uncle.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I thnk that is his uncle.
        Oops.

Comment

On other fronts, the Bruins have inked Kirk MacDonald to an NHL contract, but he will stay in Providence. From the Bruins blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
            I was at the game Saturday night and noticed that Kevin Beauregard did not play on senior night. As a matter of fact, he has not played very much at all. Has he been injured?
            I believe he was a Walk on that was added 4 years ago because we needed warm bodies thats not taking away from anything he has done but I believe SA showed incredable loyality keeping him on the team for 4 years...saturdays game was far to important to get that deep into your depth chart.
            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              I believe he was a Walk on that was added 4 years ago because we needed warm bodies thats not taking away from anything he has done but I believe SA showed incredable loyality keeping him on the team for 4 years...saturdays game was far to important to get that deep into your depth chart.
              He definitely was a walkon. He played lacrosse as a freshman, and since RPI is a D-III school, he could not have done that if he was on an athletic scholarship.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-27-2011, 03:41 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                This is where things get more and more curious. We've arrived at a tough scenario here as far as NCAA's go. If we beat Gate, it does nothing for us (might not even help our RPI). If we lose then our RPI takes a hit though all of the other TUC stuff is unaffected. It might be worse for us to beat Colgate and then lose to Cornell than to lose to Colgate.

In other words, as far as the NCAA goes, next weekend is almost inconsequential. Obviously we want to win that series and I think we will. That would set up an all or nothing weekend at Lynah where a win would certainly representng progress and a loss really rubbing in the fact that we we're close but not quite there. If that series happens then I'll bet Stewart spends all weekend in Hanover!
                Thanks JM-I had figured that the Colgate series could ot help us and could only hurt us. Probably a similar situation for most highly ranked PWR teams in the first round of any playoffs. The second round against cornell may really be for all the marbles-winning that series gets us to the NCAAs and losing drops us out of contention. Really made getting the bye even more important didn't it?
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  He definitely was a walkon. He played lacroose as a freshman, and since RPI is a D-III school, he could not have done that if he was on an athletic scholarship.
                  And deserving of a lot of credit. Any boy that sticks with the program, practices faithfully, for four years but rarely gets to play deserves a lot of praise.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Thanks JM-I had figured that the Colgate series could ot help us and could only hurt us. Probably a similar situation for most highly ranked PWR teams in the first round of any playoffs. The second round against cornell may really be for all the marbles-winning that series gets us to the NCAAs and losing drops us out of contention. Really made getting the bye even more important didn't it?
                    Actually, had we gotten the bye, we may have had to face Cornell anyway, and we would have had no way to control it.

Comment

Actually, had we gotten the bye, we may have had to face Cornell anyway, and we would have had no way to control it.
                      Very True. But i would have liked such an important series to occur in Troy if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                        Flagdude, I can't believe you cheated at the bicycle race :-)
                        To avoid talking about what happened to the team this weekend, I'll echo these sentiments again. FlagDUDE, you totally cheated!
                        I've never heard our announcer state 'An unpopular winner...'
                        Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

I didn't see the games this past weekend. I have seen the comments about how the team in general looked tired and Chase Polacek, in particular, didn't seem to be 100%.

I look at the box scores for the two games, and Chase had 6 SOG against Princeton and 7 against Quinnipiac.

None of them went in, of course. But if Chase keeps blazing away at that pace, I have a good feeling that the goals are going to start coming.

And if Chase starts scoring, I think the Raiders (who, let it be noted, amassed a total of three goals in two overtime games against RPI) are going to have a hard time keeping up.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            I didn't see the games this past weekend. I have seen the comments about how the team in general looked tired and Chase Polacek, in particular, didn't seem to be 100%.

I look at the box scores for the two games, and Chase had 6 SOG against Princeton and 7 against Quinnipiac.

None of them went in, of course. But if Chase keeps blazing away at that pace, I have a good feeling that the goals are going to start coming.

And if Chase starts scoring, I think the Raiders (who, let it be noted, amassed a total of three goals in two overtime games against RPI) are going to have a hard time keeping up.
                            Unfortunately we also amassed only 3 goals in those same games-against a team that gave up a basketful in ECAC competition. I am firmly of the opinion that some teams we match up well with-some teams we do not. Surprisingly, some of the best teams struggle against us because of those match ups. Colgate is tough to figure-we should be able to do well against them on paper but on the ice we seem to struggle with them. I hope coach SA can figure out what we need to do and get the boys on board for this weekend.

Comment

Did anyone see this in Sunday's Times Union?
                              http://www.timesunion.com/default/ar...hs-1032242.php

Check out the article and pictures... the 'atmosphere' at Messa Rink!
                              Last edited by fr joe; 02-27-2011, 09:34 PM.
                              Here we come!

Comment

I thought we played well saturday but the PP has just gone south. A major turnaround in that department will be needed for post season success.

I was disappointed that Beauregard didn`t dress for senior night. I think after 4 years of hard work in schoool and practice he earned it. Not Seths`brightest moment IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X