Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warriors travel to Black Bear country for a pair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warriors travel to Black Bear country for a pair...

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
    Definitely a frustrating night for the Warriors...Maine's D really clamped down...to have only 1/2 the amount of shots that you have averaged on the season...rough, rough night...and some STUPID penalites during the 3rd, resulting in losing Bigos for tonight...not good. etc.
    You don't get DQs for stupid penalties. Never seen a DQ for contact to the head, intent to injure and deliberate come to mind. Da Costa is probably lucky he isn't playing to tonight, I could see open season on his knee
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      You don't get DQs for stupid penalties. Never seen a DQ for contact to the head, intent to injure and deliberate come to mind. Da Costa is probably lucky he isn't playing to tonight, I could see open season on his knee
      Disgusting play by Bigos. He is too talented to be doing dumb stuff like that. Merrimack will miss him on the ice. He cannot help from the PB or from the stands.

Comment

Wally, the hit by Bigos was as deliberate as anything i've seen in 30yrs. The only other hit in this class was when Preston ran Tony Voce. Nyquist had been skating all around Bigos all night and really made him look silly a bunch of times. When the game got out of hand i guess it turned to open season on Gustav's head. In my opinion Bigos should sit for several more games if the commisioner is fair (after Diamond having to sit on a questionable call a couple weeks ago )

Comment

This weekend should be a good lesson for Merrimack. Maine is not an easy place to play just like playing out west in the tourney won't be.

Comment

Im a huge merrimack fan, but that game last night was embarassing, i have no idea who that team was, but the worst part was bigos actions. He had really been playing great hockey the past month and keeping his head on his shoulders, but what he did last night was horrible. I was really appalled as a merrimack fan and embarassed. Hope Nyquist is ok, no more pathetic response to getting your butts whipped than trying to injure the other teams best player, especially with our best player sidelined due to a questionable hit. That just isnt what this team is about and i hope to never see something like that again from a merrimack player. Hope the team comes out with some fire tonight, everyone has a bad game. I really hope Flannigan can play though his presence is clearly missed.
            MERRIMACK WARRIORS

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
              This weekend should be a good lesson for Merrimack. Maine is not an easy place to play just like playing out west in the tourney won't be.
              Yeah, the thing is, Lowell has had 20 lessons this season, Merrimack has only had six. So obviously they need to keep learning in order to go deep in the playoffs.

Comment

Walrus...I wasn't aware of the situation...I just looked it up this morning and saw the DQ, but didn't realize the circumstances beind it...I hope you didn't think I was making light of it or anything amongst those lines...by the sounds of it, from Merrimack fans, it was pretty bad...Trust me, as a MC fan, I hate to see tihs type of action...we saw it a few weeks back with Da Costa getting leg checked (intentional or not, who knows)...and it sucked...at least the refs in this case did the right thing in the 5 minute major and the game DQ...this didn't happen in the Da Costa game in question....good luck to both teams tonight. Hopefully Gustav is doing okay.
                As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Scaning the boxscore and I have a question for those that saw the game last night. How does the SAME player get called for tripping AND embellishment at the same time? (Diamond, 16:41 3rd period)

Comment

Originally posted by pgv View Post
                    Scaning the boxscore and I have a question for those that saw the game last night. How does the SAME player get called for tripping AND embellishment at the same time? (Diamond, 16:41 3rd period)
                    Benedetto, need any other reason?. Diamond got a cross check to the head from behind, never saw it coming yet he gets called for embellishment
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Benedetto,
                      Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
                        Would it be fair to say this is the biggest weekend in Merrimack Hockey East history??? I'm starting to think so.
                        Fail
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                          Yeah, the thing is, Lowell has had 20 lessons this season, Merrimack has only had six. So obviously they need to keep learning in order to go deep in the playoffs.
                          Not sure what Lowell has to do with Merrimack losing at Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by pgv View Post
                            When the whistle is blown, the clock stops. So any penalties called, whether they occurred before or after the whistle, are going to be logged at the time the clock stopped. As such, there's any one of a number of scenarios that can lead to a call like this. I saw one in a Bruins game just the other day. A player gets called for a penalty, and after the whistle, the player he fouled gets in his face. Following some incidental contact, the player who is already heading to the penalty box falls to the ice holding his head as if he has been shot. The problem is, the ref is right there looking at him, and adds a second penalty: embellishment. (In the Bruins game, the embellishment call was not made, but could have been; the penalized player was trying to draw his opponent into a coincidental minor, and failing that, tried to ham it up and draw a call-- and that failed, too.)

I'm not defending Benedetto at all, but the scenario you describe is certainly plausible. I just want to know what the deal is with the second half emphasis on embellishment is all about.

Comment

Working...
                            X