No announcement yet.

MTU @ MN: Whose coach gets fired first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU @ MN: Whose coach gets fired first?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Well, you already know, but for anyone else interested. I will be at both games, I had a huge brain fart and bought tickets to Tech games, so now I may as well use them. I got tickets with the Alumni group from Tech, now I just need to figure out how to get my tickets before the game.

As for postgame, I'm looking for something both nights. Sounds like Brent and I and whoever else may be interested are going out for an encore of last Saturday, hitting up downtown. I don't have anything for Friday post game, if anyone wants to plan something, I'm game.
    We should probably figure out how the travel arrangements will happen, since it's a 7:30 start, and I'd prefer not to cab to the Mooch, then cab to DT, then cab to Chez Rube.

Some of us still find a way.
    This. I'm not exactly rich, but I find a way to go out once in a while. Still not as much as I'd like, but hey, we all make sacrifices.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      We should probably figure out how the travel arrangements will happen, since it's a 7:30 start, and I'd prefer not to cab to the Mooch, then cab to DT, then cab to Chez Rube.

This. I'm not exactly rich, but I find a way to go out once in a while. Still not as much as I'd like, but hey, we all make sacrifices.
      I could drive to the game, park overnight on campus, and we can cab from there. I'd just need a ride back in the morning.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I could drive to the game, park overnight on campus, and we can cab from there. I'd just need a ride back in the morning.
        Take the bus.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I've walked from Mooch to DT after games before. Even in the winter its not that bad. Takes like 30-45 minutes.

Otherwise the Bus from campus to DT is pretty often. Take a 6 or 16.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
            Why is Friday's game a 6:30 p.m. local start?
            The games have slightly odd start times, as the Friday game starts at 6:30 (as FSN has a double-header cooking with the Wild playing at 9:00) and Saturday’s game starts at 7:30, both live on FSN.
            From GPL
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              Take the bus.
              **** that. Do I look black or poor to you?

edit: JF, I've made that walk, it isn't bad, but I think I'd just get a cab, it would be about $10 cab ride, which is worth not having take 45 minutes of drinking time to walk. Plus, I don't want to walk that much in the new boots.
              Last edited by bigblue_dl; 02-22-2011, 07:59 AM.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Apparently when you buy a house, have to make mortgage payments, buying paint, a refrigerator, couches and other odds and ends you don't have a lot of money you want to spend on going out.
                Pssh. Paint's easy. You wait until summer, buy a keg and get two dozen people to help you with it. Usually people bring a load of grilling food and you have leftover for a couple days on top of it.

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                His name has been mentioned (among others) in regards to a potential coaching vacancy at Western Michigan. Ohio State might be looking around too, IF John Markell goes to Bowling Green. MTU?
                Wait, what? Is this some sort of Minnesota joke where we rehash headlines from a season or more ago?
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Pssh. Paint's easy. You wait until summer, buy a keg and get two dozen people to help you with it. Usually people bring a load of grilling food and you have leftover for a couple days on top of it.
                  Then you have to move stuff out of the way! 95% of the painting is done. Just need to fill the place with furniture.

I hope Tech shocks Gopher fans and comes out with one point...
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Then you have to move stuff out of the way! 95% of the painting is done. Just need to fill the place with furniture.

I hope Tech shocks Gopher fans and comes out with one point...
                    Tell her to stop being a woman, it doesn't have to be fully furnished by July or anything
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Furniture is cheap. Its called Craigslist. Its not like she has to go to Pier 1 Imports.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Furniture is cheap. Its called Craigslist. Its not like she has to go to Pier 1 Imports.
                        Yup. Looking at Craigslist stuff.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Yup. Looking at Craigslist stuff.
                          Myself, I'd pay more for furniture just so I don't have to get it off Craigslist. I like knowing with relative certainty that someone wasn't murdered or a cat didn't give birth on the couch I'll be sitting on.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Myself, I'd pay more for furniture just so I don't have to get it off Craigslist. I like knowing with relative certainty that someone wasn't murdered on the couch I'll be sitting on.
                            ah, whatever, nothing a little febreeze can't fix.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

ah, whatever, nothing a little febreeze can't fix.
                              Or an exorcism.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Or an exorcism.
                                I don't think the couch would be possessed. Plus don't exorcisms cost money or something? Again why not spend that money to upgrade your couch? Not having puke and jizz stains on a couch is typically a nice feature.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X