X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Denver matches up very well with North Dakota. If Brittain plays the way he did last weekend and the way he did today, it will be very difficult for North Dakota to advance.

It has been amazing to watch Denver come back from the brink time after time this season. Typically younger teams don't do that, but you have some very special players on your squad. I hope for a good game, with a Sioux victory, but would definitely not be surprised by anything. Good luck to both teams tomorrow and hopefully it is a great game.
    This team does have a certain Jason-like quality to it. With about 2:30 to go, and the score tied, TV pointed out DU had four freshmen skaters on the ice, along with Great Brittain. I'd call that young, no matter how you slice it. It's one thing to have a bunch of freshmen out there when you're playing some OOC cream puff, quite another when your season's on the line.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Last loss to UND in the NCAAs was on March 16, 1963 in Chestnut Hill, Mass. Final score was 6-5. Gotta keep the current 3-0 streak going.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        DU is 4-1 all time against UND in the NCAAs. An interesting tidbit of information.
        John Muse was 8-0 in the NCAAs until last night.

All good things must come to an end.

I'd be scared if I was a DU fan about that little tidbit of information.

Comment

CC scores late but can't pull a DU--Mich 2 CC 1. Good tournament for the Tigers.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Great win for DU!
            Get lots of rest tonight and take it to the sioux!

Congrats to tUMD!
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              Last loss to UND in the NCAAs was on March 16, 1963 in Chestnut Hill, Mass. Final score was 6-5. Gotta keep the current 3-0 streak going.
              What is interesting, is that every time UND and DU have met up in the NCAAs, whoever won went on to win the National Championship. Of course, 4 of the 5 meetings have been for the NCAA Title (more than any other matchup), but still, it is an interesting fact.

But, as you said, it's been almost 50 years since the last UND win in the NCAAs, so the Sioux have basically no chance in this one. It would be an epic failure if Denver wasn't able to advance
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

All I have to say tonight... 57!!!
                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                  Let's hope it's 5-1 after tomorrow. Please, DU, end the Sue!
                  I approve this message.
                  Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                  NFL Min
                  MLB NYM, Min
                  NHL Min, Dal
                  NCAAB Min, Baylor
                  NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                  Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                    Wow that was an amazing game. Hats off to wmu. Zucker and donovan were great, as were salazar and brittain. And it seemed like ryder was out there every minute. Anything else will be gravy, but I think we can advance if we have enough legs left. Go DU!!!
                    For much of the game it was pretty darn frustrating/nerve racking. WMU is good team and they played well enough to beat us. They mostly would have if it wasn't for the penalty and the excellent PP that followed late in the third. The puck cycling was excellent that led to Kyle's qucik tap in. WMU did an amaizing job of keeping our O outside and completly shutting down the lanes for the bulk of regulation (hense teh frustration). Again the two goals, just like last Saurday that we gave up were bad bounces. Holy smokes did the ice suck or what? I was impressed by the 9, 11, 22 line. They logged some serious ice time. Mermis and Bennet both were putting a ton of pucks at the net. KO is the heart and soul of this come back machine. #16 was not a factor tonight and needs to be tomorrow if we have any kind of a chance. Dumb play of the game?....Zucker crashing the net after the whistle in the third. That is not something he should be doing and he should know better.

Tall task tomorrow for sure. I liked how Big Blue came out with serious intensity tonight after wining one in OT yesterday. The boys have something crazy like a 21 hour turn around. David T a and his staff have their work cut out for them--making sure everyone is fed and rested. I know that this is the game that these guys want to win more than any other game in their lives.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

I really can't wait to see Jason Zucker in a Wild sweater. That is all.
                      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Gotta love this Matt Carle tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/mattcarle25/st...48868106743811

Comment

Originally posted by Jori_DSF View Post
                          That's awesome! Leave it to a DU alum/pro to finally find a legitimate use for Twitter.
                          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                            All I have to say tonight... 57!!!
                            Whatever, man. We hold our heads high. CC wasn't expected to do anything this year, yet they made it to the second round of the tourney by annihilating a great BC team that kicked your asses twice on your home ice and has been the top program in the nation in recent years.
                            Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                            -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                              Whatever, man. We hold our heads high. CC wasn't expected to do anything this year, yet they made it to the second round of the tourney by annihilating a great BC team that kicked your asses twice on your home ice and has been the top program in the nation in recent years.
                              I hope Jaden Schwartz gets signed. I don't want to see him next year.
                              also Michigan Tech has more titles than you guys....
                              I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Highlights from the game.
                                http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...esternmichigan

Keep it up Pios! Down the sioux!
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X