This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

I wish I could get time off from work and attend every single F5 and NCAA tourney game that DU is in but since I can't do that does it make me less of a fan??

I did get a chance to go to the 2009 F5 and it was a blast! Bottom line LETS GO DU! Beat the Broncos!
    Last edited by Garibaldi83; 03-24-2011, 11:56 AM.
    GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Let's all hope Swami comes back! I wonder if he is already back under a new alias.....
      GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

How many of you Pio fans out West (and elsewhere) are coming to GB for the weekend? It's a fairly easy trip for we DU fans in the upper Midwest, about a 6-hour drive for me through Michigan's UP and into dreaded Badger Country. (I'll deliver a head shot to someone to pay homage to Jeff Sauer.) Am guessing I'll be among a small handful wearing the DU colors (yes, with some WMU bling thrown in too, I have ties to both) and am expecting to be surrounded in a sea of green. If DU and UND survive Saturday as favorites (though I think Western will push DU very hard and will win if Denver doesn't focus and play hard for 3 periods), I've got to think that officiating style could dictate the outcome. I'd be happy with a game on Sunday as classic as was last Saturday with a reversed outcome. Time for George to get back to the Frozen Four and get himself a long-term contract at Magness before Penn State and others come calling more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi83 View Post
          Let's all hope Swami comes back! I wonder if he is already back under a new alias.....
          This whole scenario has played out before, a bit differently but essentially the same. Back on the old USCHO board of the mid/late 90s, he had a different name than Swami, which came about around 10 years ago. If history is any indication, he'll be back to give his well thought out and well meaning posts and thoughts -- though probably for his own reasons, under a new moniker. It is what it is...life goes on and DU still plays this Saturday. Go DU!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            This whole scenario has played out before, a bit differently but essentially the same. Back on the old USCHO board of the mid/late 90s, he had a different name than Swami, which came about around 10 years ago. If history is any indication, he'll be back to give his well thought out and well meaning posts and thoughts -- though probably for his own reasons, under a new moniker. It is what it is...life goes on and DU still plays this Saturday. Go DU!
            But what about the "Puck Swami" merchandising products & licensing fees? Surely he can't walk away from all that money.

Comment

Originally posted by MichPieGuy View Post
              How many of you Pio fans out West (and elsewhere) are coming to GB for the weekend? It's a fairly easy trip for we DU fans in the upper Midwest, about a 6-hour drive for me through Michigan's UP and into dreaded Badger Country. (I'll deliver a head shot to someone to pay homage to Jeff Sauer.) Am guessing I'll be among a small handful wearing the DU colors (yes, with some WMU bling thrown in too, I have ties to both) and am expecting to be surrounded in a sea of green. If DU and UND survive Saturday as favorites (though I think Western will push DU very hard and will win if Denver doesn't focus and play hard for 3 periods), I've got to think that officiating style could dictate the outcome. I'd be happy with a game on Sunday as classic as was last Saturday with a reversed outcome. Time for George to get back to the Frozen Four and get himself a long-term contract at Magness before Penn State and others come calling more seriously.
              I wish I was!!!
              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                ScottA, I feel like I should mention that "wherefore" means "why" in that Romeo & Juliet line. So you are really asking "Why are you Swami?" Which is a dammmn good question in itself.
                Point well taken Pablo (learn something new every day). Your insight also clears up a longstanding question I've had about the full title of the Coen Bros' "Oh Brother" movie.

So with a little background from Webster's, to wit:
                "In our example sentence, Juliet is not inquiring into her beloved's whereabouts. Rather she is asking why it is that Romeo must be Romeo, a member of the Montague family and, therefore, an enemy of Juliet's own family, the Capulets."
                My question still stands: "Oh Swami, Swami, wherefore art thou Swami" (with apologies to the Bard)
                Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  But what about the "Puck Swami" merchandising products & licensing fees? Surely he can't walk away from all that money.
                  Well, I guess it depends on what matters more to him: The Message, regardless of moniker or raking in the dough through a shrewdly marketed merchandising deal. Now the big question: Is he outsourcing for this merchandise? Or does he support good 'ol Americana?

Comment

From the afternoon sportswire...

===>Freda Armstrong, the wife of late DU hockey coach Murray “Chief” Armstrong, died of heart failure this morning, according to her son, Rob Armstrong. Freda, known to everyone as Sis, was 97. Murray Armstrong died Dec. 8 at age 94.<===
                    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                      From the afternoon sportswire...

===>Freda Armstrong, the wife of late DU hockey coach Murray “Chief” Armstrong, died of heart failure this morning, according to her son, Rob Armstrong. Freda, known to everyone as Sis, was 97. Murray Armstrong died Dec. 8 at age 94.<===
                      G D it. Even with the loss of Murray and her advanced age, all death is unexpected. Sis wanted to be reunited with the Chief. We should all think about Rob, and how much he's suffering.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 03-24-2011, 07:14 PM.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                        I wish I was!!!
                        I went to Albany last year and after that dud, I swore I'd stay home this year so as not to jinx. I'll be in ST. P though.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                          I went to Albany last year and after that dud, I swore I'd stay home this year so as not to jinx. I'll be in ST. P though.
                          Thank you, sir If karma from fans does have anything to do with it, we all share some responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                            Thank you, sir If karma from fans does have anything to do with it, we all share some responsibility
                            If that is indeed the case, then people should fly my "DU is undefeated on the road during NCAA playoff games when I attend" butt to the regional and the Frozen Four!

In fact, I've only seen DU lose twice when I have traveled out of Colorado to see the team play and one of those was because you refused to do the requisite 3 wise men shot even after having been told that would doom the team to defeat.
                            Last edited by co14ers; 03-25-2011, 12:29 AM.
                            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                            sigpic
                            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Interesting article over on the other thread about RPI's chances verses UND. I think this game has upset written all over it. As for our game, I wish we knew more about WMU. They certainly seem capable, we haven't learned much about them this week other than that heart wrenching story about the little boy. What's our lifetime against them? I remember seeing them at the old Barn and thinking it was funny they were the Broncos. I don't think they were very good back then, but neither were we! One more day, tic, tic, tic!!!
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

One thing we all can expect is for the boys to be prepared and come out blazing. I'm sure Gwoz and returning players will not forget about RIT. I think it's a blow out, say 5-1. Go Pios!

Comment

Working...
                                X