X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

Originally posted by WingDynasty View Post
    DU, CC, and AFA all going dancing...and the Avalanche actually got 2 points tonight!

Dogs and cats, living together...
    I have to say that I think it's pretty **** cool for our state that all three D1 programs will be in the tourney together for the first time. One thing most, if not all of us agree on is that we ALL love Air Force and will be cheering them on. Love or hate CC and DU, I think this is great for our sport. Of course it will be on page 15 of the sports section, but WE as fans, can take pride in this.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
      I have to say that I think it's pretty **** cool for our state that all three D1 programs will be in the tourney together for the first time. One thing most, if not all of us agree on is that we ALL love Air Force and will be cheering them on. Love or hate CC and DU, I think this is great for our sport. Of course it will be on page 15 of the sports section, but WE as fans, can take pride in this.
      I know it was an extremely long time ago, but DU, CC and Air Force all made the tourney back in 2008. They went 0-3 and lost by a combined 5-12.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        It will be interesting to see tomorrow what the committee does with the brackets. If they go by the straight PWR we'll be in the same bracket.
        Yeah, really interesting. They can keep complete bracket integrity and avoid all first round conference match ups by sending BC and their associated seeds to St. Louis.

If they maintain complete bracket integrity, we will also have a WCHA school in every regional.

Bridgeport
        1. Yale vs. 16. Air Force
        8. Union vs. 9. Minnesota-Duluth

St. Louis
        3. Boston College vs. 14. Colorado College
        6. Merrimack vs. 11. Notre Dame

Manchester
        4. Miami vs. 13. New Hampshire
        5. Michigan vs. 12. Nebraska-Omaha

Green Bay
        2. North Dakota vs. 15. Rensselaer
        7. Denver vs. 10. Western Michigan

I don't expect an all WCHA Frozen Four again (assuming the above even comes to fruition), CC for example would have to get past BC in the first round to give that any chance. But I would like the chances of either UND or DU coming out of our bracket and I think UMD would have the best bracket for a #3 seed hoping to get to the Frozen Four. UNO's chances would depend very much on which UNO team shows up, but they have shown through a season of WCHA play that they can go toe to toe with the best in our league.
        Last edited by ecbrevik; 03-20-2011, 12:33 AM.
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Every D-I team in my state makes the tourny on a pretty regular basis!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
            Yeah, really interesting. They can keep complete bracket integrity and avoid all first round conference match ups by sending BC and their associated seeds to St. Louis.

If they maintain complete bracket integrity, we will also have a WCHA school in every regional.

Bridgeport
            1. Yale vs. 16. RIT

St. Louis

Manchester

Green Bay

I don't expect an all WCHA Frozen Four again (assuming the above even comes to fruition), CC for example would have to get past BC in the first round to give that any chance. But I would like the chances of either UND or DU coming out of our bracket and I think UMD would have the best bracket for a #3 seed hoping to get to the Frozen Four. UNO's chances would depend very much on which UNO team shows up, but they have shown through a season of WCHA play that they can go toe to toe with the best in our league.
            Switch out RIT for Air Force and that looks about right.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Switch out RIT for Air Force and that looks about right.
              Oh yeah, I forgot to fix that. I copied Woden's brackets because he used complete bracket integrity, but forgot to fix his RIT mistake. I'll go back and fix my post.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                Oh yeah, I forgot to fix that. I copied Woden's brackets because he used complete bracket integrity, but forgot to fix his RIT mistake. I'll go back and fix my post.
                no worries.

That will be the biggest thing tomorrow, and we should find out when they announce the first bracket if they've gone with integrity or not.
                North Dakota

Comment

I know it was an extremely long time ago, but DU, CC and Air Force all made the tourney back in 2008. They went 0-3 and lost by a combined 5-12.
                  I have erased that from memory. The 2008 tourney didn't happen...
                  Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                  -dggoddard

Comment

I have erased that from memory. The 2008 tourney didn't happen...
                    I remember the Regionals really well. The Frozen Four is a bit fuzzy though
                    North Dakota

Comment

I remember the Regionals really well. The Frozen Four is a bit fuzzy though
                      Haha, sometimes it's better that way.
                      -dggoddard

Comment

I think it's going to be a great tourney this year. The field is awesome. Three teams from CO. Two strong new comers from the east (Union and Merrimack). Five WCHA teams including new comer UNO. Hurry up and announce the brackets already!
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Sam Brittain's save did make the Sports Center Top 10.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                            I think it's going to be a great tourney this year. The field is awesome. Three teams from CO. Two strong new comers from the east (Union and Merrimack). Five WCHA teams including new comer UNO. Hurry up and announce the brackets already!

I missed the show, anybody have the real brackets?
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

Denver hockey is ignorant and arrogant if they thought they should have won the WCHA title game.

There were at least 3 terrible calls against the Sioux (maybe one for Denver) during regular play, and horse**** reffing in OT.

Sioux missed two open nets and played mediocre hockey for most the game and still Denver couldn't get a win.

Comment

Bridgeport
                                1. Yale vs. 16. Air Force

St. Louis

Manchester

Green Bay
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X