X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Hilarious.

Still waiting for you to present a logical defense of sycophant fandom - I guess we'll have to settle for your putdowns and avoidance?
    Gotta love newbies eh??? I don't mind new people but ffs show respect.
    Last edited by dubbie31; 03-15-2011, 08:05 AM.
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
      Gotta love newbies eh??? I don't mind new people but ffs show respect.
      Agreed
      GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by JMF View Post
        Yup Shepard was down there and made the call. Couldn't tell what Anderson was doing at the time (or any other time). The green light was clearly on.
        Little Shep was also the ref who initially called a penalty on DU a couple of weeks ago for having too many men because he saw 6 skaters. However, he was the only person at the rink who hadn't realized that DU had pulled their goalie.

Comment

Dave Starman announces the nominees for the Starzies.
          http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/14/comm...-nominees-are/

Jason Zucker nominated for Best Freshman and the Hustle awards
          Sam Brittain nominated for Best Goaltender
          and
          Matt Donovan for Best Defenseman.
          Dono has been the subject of much discussion on this thread and dg's blog. Brilliant plays followed by defensive lapses, bad turnovers and selfish plays ala Mark Rycroft. Dono is #4 in the WCHA in scoring for defensemen. He has 28 points so far this year compared to 21 last year. Not much said about Matt being named 2nd Team All WCHA. And now on the list to be considered for a CBS College Sports Award. (As I recall we also questioned Patrick Wiercioch's play last year and he ended up being named an All American.) What do we expect of our sophomore defenseman? Are we being too critical? Do we forget that he is an offensive minded D man? Does the rest of the league and hockey media focus more on the good play?

Just think we it's time to give Dono some kudos and keep him at DU for another year.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Dono has been the subject of much discussion on this thread and dg's blog. Brilliant plays followed by defensive lapses, bad turnovers and selfish plays ala Mark Rycroft. Dono is #4 in the WCHA in scoring for defensemen. He has 28 points so far this year compared to 21 last year. Not much said about Matt being named 2nd Team All WCHA. And now on the list to be considered for a CBS College Sports Award. (As I recall we also questioned Patrick Wiercioch's play last year and he ended up being named an All American.) What do we expect of our sophomore defenseman? Are we being too critical? Do we forget that he is an offensive minded D man? Does the rest of the league and hockey media focus more on the good play? Just think we it's time to give Dono some kudos and keep him at DU for another year.
            Donovan is loaded with talent, and has superb offensive instincts. When you watch him vs other players, the talent is obvious. He's still learning how to make better decisions from his reads, and when that part of his game gets better, he'll be the best college d-man in the country.

If he left DU today, he'd struggle along in the AHL just like Weircioch did for much of this year, and I don't know if he wants that. Another year at DU would really help him round out his game, but I am not sure what the Islanders want for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              What's with the "two words" theme??
              The goal is to get as many fans to cheer these two words at every playoff game this year. It started with Minnesota State and hopefully will climax with the championship trophy held high.

Why you may ask? For all the negativity these kids have had to put up with this year. For every taunt, put down and snide comment their so called fans have made about them. So if there is a great save by our "abysmal" goalie or if our goalie that isn't good enough for Division I stones them - I'm yelling at the top of my lungs and trying to get as many others to join me. If one of our under performing non-thoroughbred forwards makes a goal or if our lackluster defensemen makes a big hit - you got it - I'll be trying to get not only our fans but anybody around me to join in on the chant.

If you don't like it, the boys on the hockey team have two words for your doubting asses.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
                The goal is to get as many fans to cheer these two words at every playoff game this year. It started with Minnesota State and hopefully will climax with the championship trophy held high.

Why you may ask? For all the negativity these kids have had to put up with this year. For every taunt, put down and snide comment their so called fans have made about them. So if there is a great save by our "abysmal" goalie or if our goalie that isn't good enough for Division I stones them - I'm yelling at the top of my lungs and trying to get as many others to join me. If one of our under performing non-thoroughbred forwards makes a goal or if our lackluster defensemen makes a big hit - you got it - I'll be trying to get not only our fans but anybody around me to join in on the chant.

If you don't like it, the boys on the hockey team have two words for your doubting asses.
                All D-I players at all revenue-producing schools put up with some fan brickbats from time to time - even the best players. It comes with being a D-I athlete in a high profile sport. This years DU players are no different than the players in other years. They get all kinds of perks for being athletes, and they get loads of fan praise when they do well, and they get sometimes panned online when they don't do well. Hopefully, they get motivated by the panning, and develop the thick skins they will need as performers at the next level. It's all part of the package. If they don't want to get panned from time to time, then play club hockey.

I cheer my guts out for them on game nights - so loudly at times that I've been asked to tone my cheering down on mutliple occasions by the silent fans around me as well as security people. Needless to say, I still bring it every game I attend, and will keep doing so until they take my tickets away. I have cheered on the Pioneers in over 35 different arenas over the years, and I make annual donations to the program above and beyond my season tickets. I am proud of my fan record in supporting DU. If it sounds like I take offense at your contention that I am somehow a lesser fan becuase I express negative performance reviews from time to time, that's because I do take offense at it, and so should those other DU die hards that sometime post negative opinions here and elsewhere.

Comment

I feel you, I really do, as I greatly disagree with the rhetoric thrown around by certain fans. However, you truly are beating a dead horse. Something I have had to come to terms with is some fans just have an odd way of showing their "support". It is claimed that it's their inherent right to do so, but using that same logic it is also someone else's inherent right to disagree.

I am going to assume that the two words are "Suck It", which is probably a little tacky. Yet, I would be in full support of a "Shove It" (or similar) campaign as I am not in disagreement behind the premise of the "two words".

GO DU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    I feel you, I really do, as I greatly disagree with the rhetoric thrown around by certain fans. However, you truly are beating a dead horse. Something I have had to come to terms with is some fans just have an odd way of showing their "support". It is claimed that it's their inherent right to do so, but using that same logic it is also someone else's inherent right to disagree.
                    Of course people can disagree - that's fine. I have no issue with fans who just cheer and support the team. They are great and that's what makes this America. But when you come on here and start chirping at other DU fans and telling them to shut up if they have a negative opinion, then they should be prepared to defend thmselves and their opinions from others who think differently.

I'd submit that most good players use all criticism as motivation, and that DU is a much better team because of that motivation. If anything we fans write has put a chip on players shoulder to prove us wrong, and that player has played better becuase of it, then we have done an important thing for team performance, just as important as cheering them on. As former Air Force football coach Fisher DeBerry once said "Half the fun in life is proving others wrong."

I want DU players to prove me wrong,as it leads to better performances. What I do helps the team far more than hurting it.

Comment

Anybody know when they're announcing the nominees for the Kirk Herbstreit award?
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        I want DU players to prove me wrong
                        We agree. Hope to hear you yelling SUCK IT! at the playoff games with the rest of us.

Comment

I've got a question. Does DU get a ticket allotment for the NCAA Regionals, or do you have to buy tickets from Ticketmaster from the NCAA site? I have the chance to go to Manchester if that's where they're placed.

Comment

We agree. Hope to hear you yelling SUCK IT! at the playoff games with the rest of us.

I'll even wear the shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirvin View Post
                              I've got a question. Does DU get a ticket allotment for the NCAA Regionals, or do you have to buy tickets from Ticketmaster from the NCAA site? I have the chance to go to Manchester if that's where they're placed.
                              Yes. Call the DU ticket office on the Monday after the NCAA selection show and get on the list. You'll be seated with the DU fans. We've never sold out our allotment for a regional.

Comment

Working...
                              X