This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

Hopefully DU can sweep this weekend and secure the potential for a bye in St. Paul. It would be preferable not to have to potentially play 3 times in 3 days.
    You can't spell drunk without DU.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      People on the inside at PU couldn't stand him.
      I live near Princeton and you are 100% correct. I know a grammar school teacher there who says the worst part of her job was a parent teachers conference when Scott's kid was in your class.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        1 Hopefully Ostrow is a difference maker.

2. Prediction: DU takes 3 points -- not quite out of the woods yet. Goalies need to heat up.

3. Not ready for a verdict on Joe Scott yet. His team has been hurt by injuries, but has still beaten almost every team in the SBC this year, and they have a good shot at beating teams on a neutral court. He had some guys who can play, but DU needs more athletic guys....
        As per point 2: Can we take 3 points with rotating goalies?

As per point 3: Perhaps my doom and gloom is premature. I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
          I live near Princeton and you are 100% correct. I know a grammar school teacher there who says the worst part of her job was a parent teachers conference when Scott's kid was in your class.
          That is classic. I bet Bobby Knight parent conferences were tough as well.

Comment

INCH has posted its latest 4X4 and sent DU to Manchester. Not sure whether Mike has been reading "All Things DU" or just trying to deflect criticism from DU alums.
            It’s New England vs. the Rocky Mountains here. I’m slightly less bullish on CC than Maine, but I like where the Tigers are headed. DU is my flimsiest no. 2 seed, which probably won’t make me any friends in the alumni association. The Pios are have been too inconsistent for my tastes lately.
            http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...3/02/4x4_0922/
            GO DU !!!

Comment

bump!!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Jay Z named National Rookie of the Month today.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=205108185
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

bump!!!, game day!!!!
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Heeeeyeah!!!!
                    GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Dead as a doornob around here...

Let's hope there is more energy on the ice tonight.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kyle back in the lineup. Also, you hate to put individual goals above team goals, but I really hope that Zucker's desire for the WCHA scoring title will lead to an even greater effort from him this weekend. A couple of goals like the one he scored against UAA would be nice. Any word on the goaltending plans?

Comment

As far as I am concerned, I want to see DU get into playoff hockey mode. Make smart defensive decisions, and let the offense flow from there. Other teams are going to negate our transition game with a real effort to bottle us up and not let us get the first pass and speed through the neutral zone. There is No real need to get fancy - there will be opportunities to score, and the Pioneers need to take advantage of them by getting pucks deep and getting shots on net. This would also be the time to make sure that gap control and finishing checks is in place, and that the power play and PK are practiced to the maximum extent possible. If the Pioneers play with drive, unselfishness and smarts, they likely can beat any team in the country. If they don't play that way, the playoffs will be over quickly.

Having Ostow back is a huge plus, and I hope he and Jesse can take the inspiration level up a notch, building on last Saturday's win...

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                          As far as I am concerned, I want to see DU get into playoff hockey mode. Make smart defensive decisions, and let the offense flow from there. Other teams are going to negate our transition game with a real effort to bottle us up and not let us get the first pass and speed through the neutral zone. There is No real need to get fancy - there will be opportunities to score, and the Pioneers need to take advantage of them by getting pucks deep and getting shots on net. This would also be the time to make sure that gap control and finishing checks is in place, and that the power play and PK are practiced to the maximum extent possible. If the Pioneers play with drive, unselfishness and smarts, they likely can beat any team in the country. If they don't play that way, the playoffs will be over quickly.

Having Ostow back is a huge plus, and I hope he and Jesse can take the inspiration level up a notch, building on last Saturday's win...
                          Well said Swamster!!! I too believe in the leadership of our captains. I think the return of Ostrow combined with Jesse Martin's eloquence, the young studs will benefit!! Big sports weekend for me. The High School b-ball team where I work is in the State Championships tonight and both my girls are racing in the biggest ski race of the year tomorrow. My youngest placed first in her last big race so the pressure is on!!! Big weekend!!!!
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                            Any word on the goaltending plans?
                            Brittain tonight

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

In light of Mannino's callup, I have returned. And if DU doesn't sweep this weekend, I am coming for all you sons of *****es...

Comment

DU tied for 2nd with UMD after tonight's 3-2 loss to SCSU. DU has the tiebreaker with SCSU. Jay Z is 1 point behind Matt Frattin in the scoring race with 1 game left.

Comment

Working...
                                X