PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Minnesota? Who's in ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

EaglesNest
02-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Got my plane ticket and hotel ! ready for the Final Four.

Matt Rennell
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Not Castleton.

EaglesNest
02-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Not Castleton.

Go EC !

mjbeckman
02-16-2011, 09:50 PM
If Oswego qualifies, I am headed out there.

Laker Ranger
02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
If Oswego qualifies, I am headed out there.

Ditto - the roadtrip; hotel, gas, mileage, food expenses and all, is an experience. Getting there to root your alma mater on makes it priceless.:cool:

I am curious as to recommendations for things to see and places to go to out there. Obviously, tourism sites can give a brief account, but any Westerners or have-beens that could give a personal account for potential excursions? You've got the Mall of America out there, plus that "Skyway" walk in Minneapolis, but what else?

EaglesNest
02-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Ditto - the roadtrip; hotel, gas, mileage, food expenses and all, is an experience. Getting there to root your alma mater on makes it priceless.:cool:

I am curious as to recommendations for things to see and places to go to out there. Obviously, tourism sites can give a brief account, but any Westerners or have-beens that could give a personal account for potential excursions? You've got the Mall of America out there, plus that "Skyway" walk in Minneapolis, but what else?

Minnesota Wild and the Timberwolves....?

93GreatLaker
02-16-2011, 10:30 PM
If Oswego meets Hamline, I'll be there.

puckrfactor
02-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Good grief! Don't forget Charlie Brown. :)

thatswhatshesaid
02-17-2011, 11:29 AM
not Norwich.

MW4Bucky&SNC
02-17-2011, 11:49 AM
If SNC makes it I'll be there. If not I'll be staying home to watch the D1 Regional in Green Bay...hopefully including the Badgers.

snc1
02-17-2011, 11:57 AM
If SNC makes it I'll be there. If not I'll be staying home to watch the D1 Regional in Green Bay...hopefully including the Badgers.

I second that

PSUChamps2001
02-17-2011, 11:59 AM
not Norwich.

Nice!!!....very original!!!

Laker Ranger
02-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Minnesota Wild and the Timberwolves....?

Thaaaats a bit rich for my blood - any tourist traps?

The Thunder Dome
02-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Thaaaats a bit rich for my blood - any tourist traps?

Watch out for the panhandlers. If you use an outdoor ATM, people appear out of nowhere asking for money with the most rediculous hard luck stories. Last time I was there a guy was asking for $40 while zipping around in a power chair, that just made me laugh.

The Mall of America has a pretty cool amusement park in the middle and one of their movie theatre has seats that move and vibrate in sequence to the movie you are watching. If I remember right, there are also VIP theatres where they serve wine while you're enjoying the movie. You can easily spend a day there just walking around and still not see everything.

XYZ
02-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Watch out for the panhandlers. If you use an outdoor ATM, people appear out of nowhere asking for money with the most rediculous hard luck stories. Last time I was there a guy was asking for $40 while zipping around in a power chair, that just made me laugh.

Exactly which part of the city were you hanging out in?

PrezdeJohnson09
02-17-2011, 01:38 PM
not Norwich.

It wasn't even a Norwich fan that made that comment. But okay.

jimmy d
02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
If Middlebury makes it I'll be there! Nobody thought they'd be in it at this point in 2007, but they made it to the finals. I know that it's a stretch, but it could happen!

EaglesNest
02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
If Middlebury makes it I'll be there! Nobody thought they'd be in it at this point in 2007, but they made it to the finals. I know that it's a stretch, but it could happen!

We are going anyways.. Hopefully EC makes it in !

Toe Blake's Brother
02-18-2011, 09:38 AM

Ditto!

The Thunder Dome
02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Exactly which part of the city were you hanging out in?

Downtown Minneapolis. It was pretty close to the Metrodome. The hotel was three blocks away from some kind of mall. Not the Mall of America, but this "mall" was spread over city blocks with buildings that weren't connected. There were a lot of office buildings, banks (with ATMs on the outside of the building) and corner resturants in the area. I remember an AT&T building whose sides looked like giant mirrors.