X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headed to Minnesota? Who's in ?

Originally posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
    not Norwich.
    It wasn't even a Norwich fan that made that comment. But okay.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

If Middlebury makes it I'll be there! Nobody thought they'd be in it at this point in 2007, but they made it to the finals. I know that it's a stretch, but it could happen!
      from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
        If Middlebury makes it I'll be there! Nobody thought they'd be in it at this point in 2007, but they made it to the finals. I know that it's a stretch, but it could happen!

We are going anyways.. Hopefully EC makes it in !

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
          If SNC makes it I'll be there. If not I'll be staying home to watch the D1 Regional in Green Bay...hopefully including the Badgers.
          Ditto!
          SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            Exactly which part of the city were you hanging out in?
            Downtown Minneapolis. It was pretty close to the Metrodome. The hotel was three blocks away from some kind of mall. Not the Mall of America, but this "mall" was spread over city blocks with buildings that weren't connected. There were a lot of office buildings, banks (with ATMs on the outside of the building) and corner resturants in the area. I remember an AT&T building whose sides looked like giant mirrors.

Comment

Well, I'll be here.

But due to the committee changing the dates of the championship weekend, I won't be in the country that week...

And I've never seen panhandlers around here, really. Certainly not hording around ATMs.

You can do pretty much anything you want around here. There're some retail outlet stores north of the cities on 694, there's plenty of shopping in Woodbury (east of st paul), there's 10-ish college hockey rinks in the cities you could check out if you want to.

Plus all the usual bars, restaurants, theaters, clubs, etc in both minneapolis and st paul. There might not be something like the St. Louis Arch or the Golden Gate Bridge here, but there's still plenty to do around town.

Originally posted by The Thunder Dome View Post
              Downtown Minneapolis. It was pretty close to the Metrodome. The hotel was three blocks away from some kind of mall. Not the Mall of America, but this "mall" was spread over city blocks with buildings that weren't connected. There were a lot of office buildings, banks (with ATMs on the outside of the building) and corner resturants in the area. I remember an AT&T building whose sides looked like giant mirrors.
              Considering the metrodome is in a different city than the mall of america, I'd hope it wasn't the one you were next to

You're thinking of Nicollet Mall, which is downtown minneapolis. I haven't spent much time there, but I've never had a problem with beggars or panhandlers anywhere in the twin cities.

Other fun fact: the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport is not in either of those cities.
              Last edited by one_to7; 02-18-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Downtown St. Paul is a neat place. St. Paul's Cathedral is impressive. There's a small diner in downtown SP where part of the "Mighty Ducks" movie was filmed. Can't recall the name though. Also a nice drive along the bluff over the Mississipi River. Beautiful historic homes!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                  Ditto - the roadtrip; hotel, gas, mileage, food expenses and all, is an experience. Getting there to root your alma mater on makes it priceless.

I am curious as to recommendations for things to see and places to go to out there. Obviously, tourism sites can give a brief account, but any Westerners or have-beens that could give a personal account for potential excursions? You've got the Mall of America out there, plus that "Skyway" walk in Minneapolis, but what else?
                  I hear there is an open bar social hour(s) at Webbs place Friday night.
                  Last edited by snc1; 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post

Other fun fact: the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport is not in either of those cities.
                    I wouldn't know...

Midwest Airlines cancelled my **** flight in 2007 for the FF.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by puckrfactor View Post
                      There's a small diner in downtown SP where part of the "Mighty Ducks" movie was filmed. Can't recall the name though.
                      Mickey's on 7th. Right down by the Xcel.
                      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                        Mickey's on 7th. Right down by the Xcel.
                        Great breakfast! There's a good Italian place near Excel too. Been there forever. Right across the street from the Irish Pub. Names????

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          I wouldn't know...

Midwest Airlines cancelled my **** flight in 2007 for the FF.
                          I remember that , I went a couple of days early before the storm, and caught some great D1 hockey in St Paul
                          from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Spring Break for my kids going down to see some great Hockey.Center Ice row 4 seats 1&2 it does'nt get any better than that.If the Jackets make it that's just icing on the cake, they've got their work cut out for them.
                            The West is the Best: Jim Morrison and the Doors from The End

Comment

Originally posted by jacketfan View Post
                              Spring Break for my kids going down to see some great Hockey.Center Ice row 4 seats 1&2 it does'nt get any better than that.If the Jackets make it that's just icing on the cake, they've got their work cut out for them.
                              stupid questions

Will walk up be available and
                              Where do I buy tickets
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

ncaa.com/tickets Type this into your browser and you can order tickets direct from the NCAA I got 2 seats for 30 bucks each for both days and only a 5.00 handling fee.
                                The West is the Best: Jim Morrison and the Doors from The End

Comment

Working...
                                X