X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings are up!

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehock...ional_rankings
    Originally posted by zamboney
    the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
    2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Re: Regional Rankings are up!

OK, Norwich is ahead of Plattsburgh? If my quick look is correct (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm not......), Plattsburgh is 6-3-1 against ranked teams and Norwich is 4-4-1 plus the head-to-head is Plattsburgh 2-0. Can someone let me know what the NCAA is thinking here? I'm surprised to see the Cadets ahead of Plattsburgh...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Here they are, for easy reference:

Code:
      EAST	

1	Oswego State			 19-3		20-3
      2	Elmira				 15-5-3		15-5-3
      3	Utica				 15-7		17-7
      4	Norwich				 13-5-3		15-5-3
      5	Plattsburgh State		 15-7-1		16-7-1
      6	Hobart				 12-6-2		13-6-2
      7	Castleton			 17-3-1		19-3-1
      8	Neumann				 12-7-5		12-7-5
      9	SUNY Geneseo			 12-5-2		15-6-2
      10	Manhattanville			 13-8-1		14-8-1
      11	Salem State			 13-5-2		14-5-2
      12	Bowdoin				 11-7-1		13-7-1
      13	Williams			 12-6-2		13-6-3
      14	Middlebury			 8-6-5		11-6-5
      15	Fitchburg State			 11-5-1		13-5-1

WEST	

1	St. Norbert	 		 20-4-1	 	20-4-1
      2	Adrian	         		 17-2-1	 	19-3-1
      3	Hamline	         		 13-4-5		13-5-5
      4	Wisconsin-Stout	  		 15-10		15-10
      5	Wisconsin-Eau Claire 		 13-10-1	14-10-1
      6	St. Thomas (Minn.)	         14-9-2		14-9-2
      7	Milwaukee School of Engineering	 19-3-1		19-3-1
      Also, Steve, you beat me to the punch on the first thing that popped out in my case: Plattsburgh and Norwich were largely a wash across the board prior to the rankings, with the exception of the 2-0 H2H lead for Plattsburgh, which you would think would become crucial in their case. Now that the rankings are out, the Cards clearly outstrip the Cadets in RNK as well (I got the same numbers as you). It seems odd simply because I wouldn't think it'd be a situation where the numbers are close enough for it to go either way.
      Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
      A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
      A Handful of ECAC West Championships
      A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
      Some National Championships:
      Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
      Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

What I find most surprising is Superior not making the West rankings. I believe they were 2nd in Rennell's most recent projection. I know they have been in a slump of late, but was not expecting to see them completely absent from the rankings.
        the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.

Comment

1) Defending National Champions
          2) Larger traveling fan base (AARP members) = $$$$ @ Final Four

Comment

It's record vs. ranked. Just because you're #1 or #15 does not matter. It's your record against the other 14 that counts.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So confusing....Utica's ranked third in the East but they have to hope for only a "Pool C" spot to get in ????? Is that right ? So they prob can't lose to Elmira and Neumann ??? What if they split ??
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
                Plattsburgh traveling fan base is up there as well.... maybe not as many AARP members as Norwich though.....
                Jim Reisdorf
                Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Wow! Elmira #2 and Utica #3. I assume they use a different criteria than USCHO does, because that's a pretty big difference in the 2 polls.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    So confusing....Utica's ranked third in the East but they have to hope for only a "Pool C" spot to get in ????? Is that right ? So they prob can't lose to Elmira and Neumann ??? What if they split ??
                    Utica is ELIGIBLE for the Pool B spot in the tournament, but with an 0-2 record against Elmira, I can't see them passing them without beating them both this coming Saturday and again in the ECAC-W tournament. Even that might not be enough...

Otherwise, yes, Pool C would be the other way in. Losses against Elmira and then Neumann again in the ECAC-W semis would make 4 losses in a row to end the season and 0-7 against those 2 schools. That would NOT be good for UC's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
                      Perhaps the committee noted that the difference in record against ranked teams between Norwich and Plattsburgh is entirely due to their HTH results. The record of NU vs. Ranked teams not named Plattsburgh is 4-2-1 and the record of Plattsburgh agains ranked teams not named Norwich is 4-3-1. Analyzing ranked team to not double count the NU/Platts series gives NU a slightly better result. Ah the joys of smoke filled phone calls.

In the West, Adrian is overranked, and I find it odd that Stevens Point and Superior are missing. St. Thomas and MSOE are marginal choices at best. Now, if MSOE beats or splits with Adrian this weekend, I might change my mind about them. This looks like the West committee is overweighting for winning percentage. SOS figures for both MSOE and Adrian are not that good yet, although I have a lot of respect for the way Adrian is trying to put together a good NC schedule, but I don't think the SOS supports them being ranked that high.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Outside of Oswego,and possibly St. Norbert, there isn't one of these ranked teams that can afford to lose their conference playoff. It's always an interesting time of the year, but I think this sideshow would be considered a distraction for any team that has a shot at Pool A.

Josh & Matt are probably picking them selves up off the floor and scrambling to make sense of this.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                          Wow! Elmira #2 and Utica #3. I assume they use a different criteria than USCHO does, because that's a pretty big difference in the 2 polls.
                          There is no criteria in the USCHO poll. It is voted on by 20 coaches and media members around the country is purely subjective to them.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Its the most wonderful time of the year.
                            Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                            National Champions 1992, 2001
                            21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                            National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                            Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Perhaps the committee noted that the difference in record against ranked teams between Norwich and Plattsburgh is entirely due to their HTH results. The record of NU vs. Ranked teams not named Plattsburgh is 4-2-1 and the record of Plattsburgh agains ranked teams not named Norwich is 4-3-1. Analyzing ranked team to not double count the NU/Platts series gives NU a slightly better result. Ah the joys of smoke filled phone calls.

In the West, Adrian is overranked, and I find it odd that Stevens Point and Superior are missing. St. Thomas and MSOE are marginal choices at best. Now, if MSOE beats or splits with Adrian this weekend, I might change my mind about them. This looks like the West committee is overweighting for winning percentage. SOS figures for both MSOE and Adrian are not that good yet, although I have a lot of respect for the way Adrian is trying to put together a good NC schedule, but I don't think the SOS supports them being ranked that high.
                              Adrian has beaten Hamline head-to-head in a convincing fashion. Since the beginning, Adrian has been told to play a stronger schedule. They've done it and beaten the team that leads the MIAC right now. To not reward that would be extremely hypocritical of the committee. Superior also lost head-to-head to St. Thomas. Eau Claire has played one of the best, if not the best, schedule in the west. I think the west committee has done an excellent job factoring in winning percentage, strength of schedule and head-to-head together. If head-to-head doesn't matter, then why even bother playing a regular season.

Comment

Working...
                              X