Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2010-11 Part III - Is That So Much To Ask?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 Part III - Is That So Much To Ask?

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    you get it.............as long as you are in the top four, does it REALLY matter?
    I think it does this year because the top two have a much easier first-round opponent than three and four. Vermont/UMass/PC or Maine/NU? NU in particular looks scary right now. It didn't matter much last year, but I think it does this year.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

you get it.............as long as you are in the top four, does it REALLY matter?
      I agree with that. I was simply trying to say that the top 2 of BC and UNH have come back to BU and Merrimack in recent weeks. I am sure UNH would take 4th in conference and a NC over their season last year anyday of the week. I welcome response from BC fans here as well. Obviously fans from different schools are going to comment. That is the whole point of this...I was defending the idea that all BU fans are sitting here complaining about the possibility of missing the tournament but I'm new at this so I guess I should be clearer in what i am trying to say.
      GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        I think it does this year because the top two have a much easier first-round opponent than three and four. Vermont/UMass/PC or Maine/NU? NU in particular looks scary right now. It didn't matter much last year, but I think it does this year.
        i suppose that's true today but we'll see how the next two weeks shape up and if we are still all warm and fuzzy about the 5 and 6 seeds, whoever they are............

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
          I agree with that. I was simply trying to say that the top 2 of BC and UNH have come back to BU and Merrimack in recent weeks. I am sure UNH would take 4th in conference and a NC over their season last year anyday of the week. I welcome response from BC fans here as well. Obviously fans from different schools are going to comment. That is the whole point of this...I was defending the idea that all BU fans are sitting here complaining about the possibility of missing the tournament but I'm new at this so I guess I should be clearer in what i am trying to say.
          no problem and you are, of course, welcome to post on our thread, it's all good ..............and BU won't miss the tournament. just ask mookie

Comment

no problem and you are, of course, welcome to post on our thread, it's all good ..............and BU won't miss the tournament. just ask mookie
            Oh how I miss the mookie of 2009...where anything and everything was possible.

Where have you gone optimistic mookie? Don't tell me you've left and gone away....hey hey heyyy

Comment

• Honestly, I don't care who bc ends up playing in the playoffs. No disrespect to the possible opponents, I'm just more concerned with how bc is playing. I know that if bc plays their best, they will beat any QF opponent in a best of three at conte. If they don't, well they were upset back in '04

Comment

Interesting hearing everyones take on the PWR... was actually talking about this with a friend last night. It will be interesting to see how the next two weekends play out. In my eyes it is total B. S. that for the purposes of the NCAA's it doesnt matter if we pass Merrimack or even BC at this point. Heck, I think we could still (mathemetically) finish first in Hockey East and still not make the NCAA.

If we do pass Merimack in the standings by definition, we had a better in conference season. So what the difference? The non confrerence games right? Merimack went 6-0-1 in their non conference schedule against teams like Alabama Huntsville, Connecticut, Army etc etc. Congrats to them for winning these games, but there is not one quality OOC win. Shame on us for losing to Harvard, but even if we win that game, I still think we are on the outside looking in (by my understanding of the pairwise) even though we have quality wins OOC against ranked teams.

Looking at it that way, to me the PWR makes no sense.

Fire away with the homer comments....

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  Agreed on the top two slots, but we should be careful what we wish for re match-ups for 3rd and 4th. Maine could be tough. Dan Sullivan was back in the net for both games this weekend and stopped all 49 shots he saw. Granted it was against Lowell, but Sullivan is probably an upgrade over Sirman, and Nyquist has been hot of late.

Comment

I think Sterlippo1 has it right. Maybe this year will be different but looking at Hockey East over the last 10 years, the home team is 33-7 against the lower seeded team in the first round. So the key is getting in the top 4.

Comment

Fed, come Thursday PM, do you intend to ask JP about the Cronin / Albie situation at NU?
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

is the BU thread exclusive? yet you are "worrying" about Merrimack on their thread................do you get that both BC and BU fans read each other's threads and sometimes post? i for one enjoy when a BU fan posts on our thread and would NEVER imply to any one of them to "worry" about their own team on their thread and state it is a BC thread......but you are new at this...just sayin
                        Hey mpereira, despite lippo's "I for one am shocked, shocked to find a BC poster being treated disrespectfully!" attitude, this is a college rivalry. You're allowed -- and encouraged! -- to tell him, "You and your friends, take your mangy BC opinions and get back out to the quiet, leafy suburbs where you belong."
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                          I am not sure that you really want to go there. One thing that has not seemed to matter much to BC in recent years is where they finished in the regular season in Hockey East. They have not finished first since 05' but have won two National Championships since then.
                          No kidding. They could lose out the rest of the RS - I don't know hat position that would put them in - and I would still conisder them the team from HE, probably the East, and possibly the country, with the best chance to win it all. York's record in conference and NCAA play is disgusting. The only shot at knocking them out in HE play is in the quarters, IMHO - they have on occassion stumbled (in a relative sense, meaning actually had to go to 3 games once or twice).
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            No kidding. They could lose out the rest of the RS - I don't know hat position that would put them in - and I would still conisder them the team from HE, probably the East, and possibly the country, with the best chance to win it all. York's record in conference and NCAA play is disgusting. The only shot at knocking them out in HE play is in the quarters, IMHO - they have on occassion stumbled (in a relative sense, meaning actually had to go to 3 games once or twice).
                            I believe bc has only lost two home qf games under york (both to bu in that 2004 series)

Comment

the only thing that matters is bu gets uhn in the 1-4 / 2-3 semifinals (assuming if [not big IF, but solid IF] bu gets that far). i would be doing handstands if bu can get uhn, whom they have shown is a better matchup for them, instead of mc - and certainly avoiding 2011 national champs bc for as long as possible!!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                the only thing that matters is bu gets uhn in the 1-4 / 2-3 semifinals (assuming if [not big IF, but solid IF] bu gets that far). i would be doing handstands if bu can get uhn, whom they have shown is a better matchup for them, instead of mc - and certainly avoiding 2011 national champs bc for as long as possible!!
                                But is the matchup against MC that lopsided? The goal difference on the year is +1 to MC, with two games on their home ice. You have to wonder how nerves would play in for MC playing at the Garden if they got there, whomever they play.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X